Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The Worlds Fattest man in today’s Sun

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » The Worlds Fattest man in today’s Sun

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi all

Did anyone catch the story in today’s Sun about “The worlds Fattest man” he had a bypass at 70 stone and has so far lost 46 stone.

How does someone on benefits afford a 22000 calorie a day eating habit.

Dinner was supposed to be 4 potions of fish and chips, 2 Kebabs and a Roast Dinner.

Good on him for doing so well after bypass and good luck to him in his efforts to get funding for the huge amount of skin he now has.

Paul

janie61

These people usually have feeders. Someone who likes the fat person to be dependant on them and use food to do this.

Jane

Paul-H
    Participant

Once he is bed bound then yes someone has to be the feeder, but I am sure the feeder is not paying the massive food bill, He was quite probably on Benefits, but how much are they paying these days for this guy to be able to afford a 20,000 Calorie a day habit, no wonder so many are on Benefits if they can get that sort of money. Four Portions of Fish and Chips 2 Kebabs and a Roast Dinner just for one meal must have cost in the region £35 a meal, going by the prices in my local chippies and Cafes that is. And he was having a lot more than one meal a day, could you afford £70 to £80 or more a day in food alone. I know I couldn’t.

Paul

janie61

Mmm I have to agree.

shelleymarie

Don’t believe everything you read in that sort of paper. Rubbish food is much cheaper than healthy food. Whether he was on benefits or not isn’t really the issue is it? as someone who couldn’t work at my heaviest because I couldn’t walk and because of severe depression I can assure you don’t get very much money at all if you are unfit for work – you have to prove you can’t work too, I know this as I earn minimum wage now and I got no where near what I’m earning now and I’m not earning a lot at all, I get way less than everyone I know (not that I’m not grateful for my job but just to show a comparison to benefits) and like I say I get more now I’m working. I managed to put on 9 stone in 2 years basically due to home made sandwiches. Very cheap, it can be done. Talk of that many take aways a day makes “good” news. What’s amazing is that he has lost 46 stone. As someone who has had a bypass you know that isn’t as easy as it looks. Good for him 🙂 like you say I hope he can get help with some of his excess skin as he must be suffering with it. I’m already having problems with mine and I’ve still a long way to go.

Paul-H
    Participant

But then again if he is on full Benefits including Long Term sick to-up and high rate DLA Care and High Rate DLA Mobility with his Rent & Council Tax paid I bet he is or was on a hell of a lot more than your Minimum wage Job or Mine, and we have to pay our own Rent/Mortgage and Council Tax, don’t we.

Obviously I am only Jealous.

Paul

Whitey

I agree with Shelleymarie we shouldn’t believe everything we read in a so called newspaper. The paper today is saying he had a gastric band and yesterday it was a bypass. I work in the advice sector and have seen terminally ill people turfed off their sickness benefits and told they are fit to work. These stories are very rarely reported in the papers. I’m sure none of us would want to be 70 stone and well done for losing all that weight.

katy

Hear hear!! There is a lot of scaremongering in the press at the moment. Who is to say the guy lived solely on benefits? He may have been retired from his postal job due to ill health and would therefore be a tax payer just like those who say he is sponging off the system.
    I am really surprised by some of the responses on here considering a significant number of us have had our surgery thanks to the nhs.
    The benefits system is increasingly difficult for even the most deserving of cases and the sums provided for people to ‘live on’ are well below the amount really needed to support individuals and families. I really don’t think any of us are in a position to judge.
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but I think it’s a valid point.
    Katy

Lauren
    Keymaster

OK, I’m going to be brutally honest here. Sorry if it offends anyone. It is only MY opinion.

I have watched Paul Mason’s story with interest as Shaw Somers did his operation. No one else would touch him because he was such a risk, however, our wonderful Mr Somers took on the challenge and gave Paul his life back.

In the documentary, Mr Mason was told that most of his care and benefits would be withdrawn once he was back on his feet. He threw such a tantrum about it that objects in his room were broken. He came across as petulant and ungrateful. I didn’t work for Streamline Surgical at the time but remembered feeling deeply disappointed in Mr Mason as his behaviour cast a very long shadow on the wls community.

I believe that feeders exist, however, I can’t believe that they would spend their own money. Therefore, we, the taxpayers, must have been footing the bill. Mr Mason will always be a devisive subject so I shall say no more about him.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Nice to know I am not alone in my suspicions.

Apologies if I am wrong though.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

We are all entitled to our opinions Paul. So long as we don’t get into any slanging matches, arguments are a good thing as it encourages others to voice theirs.

Doodah x

ps we are all far too civilised on here to stoop to a slanging match!

Paul-H
    Participant

I see he was in the Stun again today, I wonder if they are going to be good enough to pay the £30 grand he want for his skin removal, it would be a nice touch if they did.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

I should imagine that is exactly what he wants 😉

Paul-H
    Participant

Do you reckon they would pay for mine if I threaten to send them some naked pictures sowing off my loose skin. 🙂

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s worth a try!!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media