Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The waiting is killing me!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thais

Hi all,

I had my assessment day last Friday and everything was Ok and I was given the thumbs up from the doctors and the surgeon, but I have to wait now until they call me and give me a date for the op, and the wait is killing me I spend the days checking my phone, my answer machine, the clinicyou page….They said I should know in about three weeks but I don’t know if I’ll survive that long waiting, does anybody know long usually take them to get back to you??

PD; I want to give thanks you all for your posts, I had learn a lot, and all the possible questions I had had been answered reading throughout the forum.

kathc

The wait is awful ! I remember it was a few weeks . Hang in there !! The wait will be worth it .

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

‘Seal’ was wrong, it’s not loneliness that’s the killer: it’s waiting! Like everyone says, it’s worth it x

Thais

Thanks for you support…
    What it gets me is that I still can’t believe my live is going to change and be so much better, there is a huge list of things I want to do and I can’t wait to start.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Thais

You’ll get there, just use this time as preparation for the rest of your life, I know it seems an awfully long time between assessment day and op but believe me when you look back it won’t. Hang in there we’ve all been there and come out the other side.

Keep your chin up and stay positive, all good things come to those who wait.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 20579 wrote:

Hi Thais

You’ll get there, just use this time as preparation for the rest of your life, I know it seems an awfully long time between assessment day and op but believe me when you look back it won’t. Hang in there we’ve all been there and come out the other side.

Keep your chin up and stay positive, all good things come to those who wait.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Perfect answer Lesley ;-)) x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Thanks Doodah, I hope I can give back, you were all so supportive when I started on this journey, just hope I can give back in some small way.

Love

Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media