Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The Vickster’s Op Day

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The Vickster’s Op Day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    penny

I never thought of it like that, O father christmas is real, his name may be chris pring he he xx

penny

been thinking of you hope every day is better for you, you have been through so much, there is so much to look forward to.
    best wishes to you always
    xx

penny

woo well done you Lelly, best wishes keep drinking, and soon it will be all better and a memory, and you can then keep dancing xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you Vicky? Hope things have improved loads for you.

Doodah x

Vickster

Hey all x I had two good days following my last stretch but it has closed up again so I’ve pretty much not eaten in well over a week. I have my next stretch the day after tomorrow. I am feeling pretty low, I am still so pleased that I had the operation, but just fed up with this bit. I don’t think Wednesday will be my last stretch. Pretty proud that I’ve done it all without sedation though! Love to all x x x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34581 wrote:

Hey all x I had two good days following my last stretch but it has closed up again so I’ve pretty much not eaten in well over a week. I have my next stretch the day after tomorrow. I am feeling pretty low, I am still so pleased that I had the operation, but just fed up with this bit. I don’t think Wednesday will be my last stretch. Pretty proud that I’ve done it all without sedation though! Love to all x x x

It’s disappointing when things don’t go 100% to plan but thank goodness there is always a back up one! My life you have been brave to have it all done without sedation. I think you should give yourself a massive pat on the back in the form of some retail therapy!

Please let us know how things are going. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh my darling , I’m so sorry for you . Sending lots of love and gentle hugs . You do sound like your having a tough time . . It’s not something I personally been through but I have meet people it’s hsppened too . And they do come through IT . So hang in their will be light at the end of the tunnel .

Lelly

@Vickster 34581 wrote:

Oh Sis, so so sorry that you have had all this trouble, lets hope that it stays stretched this time. Drink plenty of hot milk if you feel it closing and obviously water or my favourite hot blackcurrant, I use Tesco’s nas double concentrated one and their cherry and berry one is rather yummy too. I bet your clothes are falling of you now, skinny minny, take care flower

Lesley xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34600 wrote:

Oh Sis, so so sorry that you have had all this trouble, lets hope that it stays stretched this time. Drink plenty of hot milk if you feel it closing and obviously water or my favourite hot blackcurrant, I use Tesco’s nas double concentrated one and their cherry and berry one is rather yummy too. I bet your clothes are falling of you now, skinny minny, take care flower

Lesley xxx

Yum – hot blackcurrant drink. I’d forgotten all about that. Thanks for the reminder, Lesley.

Doodah x

Vickster

Hi all, I am still here! I am so sorry for not posting in so long! I have had a bit of a rough ride, have had four stretches with at least another one to come, but I am ok. I am now seven and a half stone lighter than I was the day I started the milk diet, so I am delighted by that! It has been a long haul and I still can’t fit a lot of food in, but it is so much better than it was.
    And all of the benefits of being 105 llbs lighter, wow! I am walking well, my clothes are looser and longer, I can breathe better, hugs with my hubs are better, I have a winter coat, I have seasonally appropriate shoes, a bath towel alllllmoooost goes round me, I can walk between parked cars in a car park, I could run around after my 4 year old great niece at the weekend. Life is good. I am still just over 23 and a half stone, so a long, long way to go, but I know I can get there, and I know that I will!
    Lots of love to all x x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34801 wrote:

Hi all, I am still here! I am so sorry for not posting in so long! I have had a bit of a rough ride, have had four stretches with at least another one to come, but I am ok. I am now seven and a half stone lighter than I was the day I started the milk diet, so I am delighted by that! It has been a long haul and I still can’t fit a lot of food in, but it is so much better than it was.
    And all of the benefits of being 105 llbs lighter, wow! I am walking well, my clothes are looser and longer, I can breathe better, hugs with my hubs are better, I have a winter coat, I have seasonally appropriate shoes, a bath towel alllllmoooost goes round me, I can walk between parked cars in a car park, I could run around after my 4 year old great niece at the weekend. Life is good. I am still just over 23 and a half stone, so a long, long way to go, but I know I can get there, and I know that I will!
    Lots of love to all x x

WOW WOW WOW!! Fantastic Vicky!! I hope you are very, very proud of yourself. You are smashing the weight loss. I’m so happy for you. You have made me smile today. Thank you for sharing your wonderful news.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Vickster 34801 wrote:

Lots of love to all x x

Thats fantastic , but sorry you has a rough ride , but isn’t it wonderful wearing winter coats , I got a bit of a thing about coats lol . I brought a really warm one from north face it’s so cosy x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I don’t know about you guys but being able to wear a ‘proper’ coat for the first time in decades was such a wonderful experience. I felt ‘polished’. All these things that people who have never been overweight will never understand or even think about!

I don’t think it ever leaves us either. I still check out chairs to see if I will fit in them.

Doodah x

Vickster

I feel about ten feet tall when I wear my coat! The only let down is that I need to take it back as the quality is so poor, hey ho..get to try lots more on!! I did fall properly in love with it though!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34818 wrote:

I feel about ten feet tall when I wear my coat! The only let down is that I need to take it back as the quality is so poor, hey ho..get to try lots more on!! I did fall properly in love with it though!

Oh No! That’s so disappointing for you. Perhaps it means there is something even better waiting for you? I do hope so.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media