Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The Vickster’s Op Day

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The Vickster’s Op Day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    penny

Hi Kim, I am alright, wow I was reading your news I wish you well with your problems, the cardiology teams are now so advanced I am sure you will be fine, chin up.
    I would have loved to go to the meeting this eve but to far away and I was working till late as well, hope you had a good evening.

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh bless you penny , thank you I’m sure I be ok . How are you ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Kim, I so wanted to hug the living daylights out of you last night. You looked scared. I HATE that. I hate the fact that you are not quite out of the woods yet and I hate the fact that there is nothing I can do to make things better for you.

I want you to know that you can call me anytime. I can’t help but I can listen. You and I have been on very similar journeys post wls, and our goals of good health can seem miles away. Please lean on us.

Doodah x

penny

hi kim
    doing ok thanks glad its friday,
    how was your eve , hope you ok
    xx

Lelly

@Doodah 34457 wrote:

There is a fine line between letting people know you care about them and looking as if you are nagging. I fear I am stepping over the nagging line here but Vickster, if you are reading this, I’d like to know that you are ok. If you want a break from us, then simply ignore this post. You will never be made to feel obliged 🙂

Doodah x

Hello,
    Just to let you up to date with the Vickster, she is struggling at the moment with keeping food and drink down, she did manage a bit yesterday but I have asked/told her to phone Chichester as I don’t want her getting dehydrated. I will text her in a minute to see if today has been better. Hope you are well, haven’t posted on here for awhile as hubby’s Dad is struggling with terminal cancer, falling and is now in hospital with a bad infection and high calcium levels, such a lovely chap, not fair

Lelly xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34480 wrote:

Hello,
    Just to let you up to date with the Vickster, she is struggling at the moment with keeping food and drink down, she did manage a bit yesterday but I have asked/told her to phone Chichester as I don’t want her getting dehydrated. I will text her in a minute to see if today has been better. Hope you are well, haven’t posted on here for awhile as hubby’s Dad is struggling with terminal cancer, falling and is now in hospital with a bad infection and high calcium levels, such a lovely chap, not fair

Lelly xx

Hi Lelly, thanks for the update on Vickster. The poor lamb, hope she is feeling much better soon. She really should get in touch with her team. As you so rightly say, dehydration is best treated quickly.

I’m so very sorry to hear about your Father in Law’s struggle with cancer. Life really is unfair at times isn’t it?

In all of this, please look after YOU. It is so easy to neglect ourselves when we are busy looking after others or worrying for them. Wls is great but it doesn’t perform miracles unfortunately. To stay strong for others, you need to be strong yourself, so please, take good care of you.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Doodah 34471 wrote:

Kim, I so wanted to hug the living daylights out of you last night. You looked scared. I HATE that. I hate the fact that you are not quite out of the woods yet and I hate the fact that there is nothing I can do to make things better for you.

I want you to know that you can call me anytime. I can’t help but I can listen. You and I have been on very similar journeys post wls, and our goals of good health can seem miles away. Please lean on us.

Doodah x

thank sue if you did I wouldn’t have stopped xx I phone you for coffee x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Lelly 34480 wrote:

Hello,

Lelly xx

oh my dear be careful , it’s so hard when family are sick , sending you a massive hug . Tell Vickie we love her and I’m so sorry she poorly . Please you got her to phone the team . It’s so important that we check thing out with clinicians . We think this is normal for wls and believe me most time it is but it the odd times it isn’t . I thought I had wind !!! At 10 months doh it was appendicitis , now who would have thought that would happen to a 56 year old woman 11 month post by pass . A big lesson always get it checked out x

Lelly

@Doodah 34485 wrote:

Hi Lelly, thanks for the update on Vickster. The poor lamb, hope she is feeling much better soon. She really should get in touch with her team. As you so rightly say, dehydration is best treated quickly.

I’m so very sorry to hear about your Father in Law’s struggle with cancer. Life really is unfair at times isn’t it?

In all of this, please look after YOU. It is so easy to neglect ourselves when we are busy looking after others or worrying for them. Wls is great but it doesn’t perform miracles unfortunately. To stay strong for others, you need to be strong yourself, so please, take good care of you.

Doodah x

I will my darling thank you, the Vickster has been in touch with Chichester and is going for an endoscopy on Wednesday, bless her she cannot keep anything down. I feel a bit guilty as I seem to have sailed through compared to her. I cannot eat in the evenings, so a hot milk or tonight a mug of soup. I am quite a healthy eater now, me! I do have a bit of fat though but healthy fat. I have milk for breakfast, some pistachios for mid morning and for lunch today I had a tablespoonful of broad bean, asparagus and mint houmous and a couple of crackers and a small stick of Cathedral Cheddar mid afternoon. Is that ok do you think, oh and the soup this evening, lentil and vegetable yum. Thank you for always being here, I am so sorry that I haven’t been there for others for awhile but I have been here in thought
    Lesley xx

Kimberly
    Participant

I eat humus and laughing light snack squares , when I went out I would put a few triangles in my bag to suck .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34492 wrote:

I will my darling thank you, the Vickster has been in touch with Chichester and is going for an endoscopy on Wednesday, bless her she cannot keep anything down. I feel a bit guilty as I seem to have sailed through compared to her. I cannot eat in the evenings, so a hot milk or tonight a mug of soup. I am quite a healthy eater now, me! I do have a bit of fat though but healthy fat. I have milk for breakfast, some pistachios for mid morning and for lunch today I had a tablespoonful of broad bean, asparagus and mint houmous and a couple of crackers and a small stick of Cathedral Cheddar mid afternoon. Is that ok do you think, oh and the soup this evening, lentil and vegetable yum. Thank you for always being here, I am so sorry that I haven’t been there for others for awhile but I have been here in thought
    Lesley xx

We help others by looking after ourselves. It means that we get stronger and are more help! It’s difficult to support others when we are not feeling 100% ourselves. This is why it is so important to put ourselves first sometimes. Something we are not used to!

Doodah x

Vickster

Hi all, I am so sorry to have caused so much worry! I’ve not been having a great amount of fun, in the last fortnight I have had just one day of not being sick. I had a stretch last Wednesday and I’m having another next week, so hopefully they will get me sorted soon. The frustrating thing is my weight isn’t really moving at the moment, but I’m sure it will all come out in the wash as they say! Hope all you lovelies are ok x x

penny

poor you vickster, fingers crossed for you with you procedure, lots love xx

bikerchris
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time but I’m pleased that you still feel optimistic. Looking at the posts on here, we all have ups and downs. I really hope all your difficulties are coming to an end and that your future is all plain sailing.

The good thing is that we have this forum where we can get support, commiserate and empathise with the troubles and celebrate the good stuff. I’d be lost without the lovely people here.

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Vickster 34524 wrote:

Hi all, I am so sorry to have caused so much worry! I’ve not been having a great amount of fun, in the last fortnight I have had just one day of not being sick. I had a stretch last Wednesday and I’m having another next week, so hopefully they will get me sorted soon. The frustrating thing is my weight isn’t really moving at the moment, but I’m sure it will all come out in the wash as they say! Hope all you lovelies are ok x x

Oh bless your heart, Vicky. I had a stretch at about 8 months out and from then on it was plain sailing. As for your weight, it’s probably gone into ‘starvation’ mode. Keep up with the fluids, just to keep things ticking over. Once you are able to properly nourish your body again, it will start falling off.

We have all been worried about you so thank you SO much for this update. Like Chris says, we are all here for each other – good or bad times.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media