Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The role of fast food in obesity

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » The role of fast food in obesity

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Government attacked over deals with fast-food industry:

There is so much money being made by fast food outlets. No wonder the world is getting fatter and fatter. It is in their interests to keep us wanting more.

Kimberly
    Participant

Can any one think of healthy fast food , I’m stuck on scrambled egg and cheesy triangles to go

audrasharon

We’re taking the kids to Cadburys world, stating in hotel Sunday and Monday night. Cadburys world Monday and visiting family on Tuesday before traveling home. It’s going to be an interesting few days for me on the eating/ fast food front but I know it can be done! X

emma1975

By healthy fast food, I’m assuming you mean eating out?
    My previous fave would be a jacket potato but I’m assuming that’s gonna be out the question when I’m on solids again (Gosh i sound like I’m being weaned!)
    Can you get just the salad from subway?

Kimberly
    Participant

I loved Cadbury world , but you can get high from the smell . So sniff as much as you like you won’t dump

audrasharon
    Kimberly wrote:
    I loved Cadbury world , but you can get high from the smell . So sniff as much as you like you won’t dump

I shall be sniffing for England. Cadburys cafe does soup and the hotel has said I can use their staff microwave if I need to so I’m going to take a mini Fridge with us and some fresh soup . Still think standing in that factory is going to kill me!! X

treeza

One very brave lady! Yummy yummy. Good to hear the hotel is being helpful x enjoy! Have a good sniff for me!
    Working in A&E there are always sweets, chocolates, biscuits & cakes about. The other day there were some mint chocolates. I just had to have a smell. They were all laughing at me with my nose stuck in the box! :0))
    Strangely I don’t really miss it that much. The hardest time was this weekend & Monday but then I did go to an aunts funeral & chocolate was my go to at emotional times. It soon passed thankfully x I hope you have a great time x lol x

audrasharon

Thank Treeza! Yes it will be my first big test but strangely I don’t really feel worried about it. I am enjoying feeling good and don’t really want to feel bad anymore. But that smell is going to be lovely! Your doing so well Treeza dropping cloth sizes is soooooo nice! For us your an inspiration!!

Hi Audrasharon!
    What a lovely encouraging post being brave enough to
    Focus on how good you now feel and just enjoy your life!
    It’s good to hear you don’t feel bad anymore too!
    I can’t wait to feel that good and confident again!
    My next big outing is hopefully the Portsmouth meeting next Thursday.
    Have a great day,
    Julie xx

audrasharon

Hi Julie, I really hope your up to coming on Thursday, but don’t worry if your not there’s alway next month we are just happy your moving forward and are safely the other side of surgery. Outings should come when you feel ready for them. How you feeling today? Are you getting your fluid in. ( that’s always an effort in the early days)

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sharon, you sound so together and focused that I’m certain you will be absolutely fine at Cadbury World! It will be exactly the same at Easter time when the whole country will be awash with chocolate! It’s worse than Christmas!

It is amazing how focused we can feel when we no longer feel hungry and know that if we ‘pigged out’ we would feel absolutely wretched. What an amazing gift wls is. Better than any chocolate egg!!

Doodah x

audrasharon

Well said Sue! Something I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done before WLS x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@audrasharon 31040 wrote:

Well said Sue! Something I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done before WLS x

Me neither Sharon. I was totally addicted to chocolate. I would have three different bars all at once: Whole nut, flake and buttons! How did I do it???!!! Never, ever felt good afterwards either. That’s how I know I was an addict – I was in heaven when I was eating it then hell for the rest of the day afterwards. this cycle just repeated itself over and over – all the while slowly killing me both physically and emotionally.

Blimey, where did all that come from!!?? I sound like a member of a twelve step programme (which I did by the way!)

Doodah x

treeza

Ditto Doodah chocolate was my crutch & my biggest demon. Your right it makes you feel better for a few minutes then dreadful for the rest of the day. This then sends you into a spiral of depression making you want chocolate again! How can something so yummy cause so much pain?
    It’s a cuppa for me now! :0)

audrasharon

We’ve all been there to some extent. It always ends in self disgust which makes us feel worse and so we eat to feel better. I could never understand why I couldn’t stop it even though I knew and understood what was happening! It’s nice to have that behind me. I’m not saying I don’t fear it coming back deep down inside but right now I just don’t think it will! X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media