Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The last day is in sight, help

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Guys

Help, the last day is in sight, op on Tuesday, and I’m dreading the weekend, I nearly caved tonight and ate something. I didn’t but it’s going to be a long weekend, any suggestions, I have jelly made for snacking, I have water ready for drinking and the milk is going down a treat it just seems like such a long time to 3pm on Monday, at least then I’ll definitely be on the home stretch so to speak.

Fingers crossed I can resist temptation till then, I keep telling my self to be strong, really don’t know if I’ve got it in me. Sorry to sound like I’m whinging, I thought I was doing really well until tonight, I don’t want to spoil it but it’s so hard……

Thanks for listening, you guys are my rock.

Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Jaysee

Hi Lesley
    Good on you for not caving in!! I know well how that last weekend feels! Try to keep busy, re-read any notes on the op you have so you feel totally prepared. I also spent a lot of time looking at all the before and after photos that you can find all over the internet and knowing thatll be you VERY soon. I looked at clothes websites at nice things Ill be able to wear when Ive lost ( a bit shallow I know, but nice all the same). Think how much more youll be able to do, how life will improve dramatically and you are only a few days away now. I also watched a few films to keep my mind focussed on something else. Youre doing brilliantly and youre almost there now, stay strong!! xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Jaysee

Thank you so much for your reply, it’s given me some things to think about doing over the weekend, I appreciate the thought.
    I’m driving my hubby crazy at the moment, I keep ording clothes from the simply be book and then sending them back, it’s nice to think I will be reording in a smaller size soon, that’s the thought that will keep me going this weekend.

Again, thank you for your advice.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Actually Lesley- you might be better off(although it’s way more difficult I will agree)
    to try to think about how you will cope post surgery when you feel hungry and how you will cope when your surgery doesn’t allow you to eat?
    TRY to use this time wisely by thinking of devloping “coping stratergies” for not eating -actually its fine immediately post op
    but after 8 weeks or so it may well change and you will have to think of what you will do when your good old friend food is
    no longer there?
    All the very best for your special day
    x

Irene

Hi Lesley

Good luck for Monday, not that you need luck, it is the start of your new life and that is really what it is a new YOU. Well done for not caving in. It will be soo much easier for the surgeon if you haven’t eaten anything and soooo worthwhile for you.
    Look forward to hearing about you onward journey.

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    Well done you for not caving in. I had that on day 5, was so craving food, any food, jelly didn’t help and no amount of fluid filled me but I got through it with a lot of advice and encouragement form the guys on here. I know these last few days are going to be tough but my way of thinking is if I can cope with the milk diet and get through the week I have had without the crutch of food then it must put me in good stead for the weeks to come.
    How I am going to cope these last few days is, I have got my bag out so that it is insight so I know it won’t be long now. Going to keep very busy cleaning house, changing beds, ironing etc. things I know I won’t be able to do for couple of weeks and on Tuesday the day before op I am having a “me” day, going to have my hair done, nice long soak in bath and just relax, early bed as we are leaving home at 4am and I will see you on Wednesday, not the least nervous YET just excited.
    I know the milk diet has been hard (harder than I thought) but I know it has worked, don’t know how much weight I have lost but boy can I feel the difference already, not so breathless, can walk further now and my clothes are looser and that is what is pushing me on as well, if I feel like this after loosing this amount of weight, what am I going to feel like when I lose more.
    Stick with it and see you soon.
    Elaine xx

Anonymous

Lesley sweetheart,
    You have come so far and will stick to the diet because you are strong. your determined and you know it is the right thing to do.
    It is not a puishment although sometimes it feels like it…..
    Your have a perfectly little liver ready for Tuesday and thats all because you have been strong and perservered.
    Take a minute to congratulate yourself, its no easy task.

Well done.

You will be rewarded with so much soon enough, the adventure is going to knock your socks off.
    the adventure is going to be awesome just as soon as you get over the recovery….

join the team, the bunch of lucky losers and know your never alone……
    We are here for you through thick, fat and thin.

Wishing you a painfree and trouble free recovery. Wishing you well…

Your awesome…

Buzz xxx

ANN410

hi Lesley, well done lesley, keep up your good work, you will soon be on the losers bench. your not that far from me, when you are feeling well , maybe we could meet up at ashford outlet, x x

Candy

Hi lesley

you can do it!!!! you are on the down hill and what a lovely prize at the end just think of that swimsuit for are swimming classes i have lots of house work ironing and of course theres always the garden that you can do lol

it was lovely to meet you last week and you are in my thoughts so take care and keep going

catch up soon

love Denise x

Candy

hello Jaysee

how are you doing ? i have been managing ok and still eating puree diet which im finding more difficult looking forward to moving on to the next stage but slowly slowly. i have my follow up appointment on the 12/4/11 don’t know if yours is the same time it would be nice to see you again
    take care
    Denise

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Thank you all so much for your help and advice, I think I was having a very low day yesterday but reading your post and the advice offered has helped. Going through this two weeks, of 13 days in my case, has made me realise that I can do it, so far I’ve lost 10 pounds, that is amazing for me, that’s the most I’ve every lost. Plus, and this makes the last two weeks all worthwhile, while in M&S this morning I tired something on and it fitted, that is the first time I’ve got anything in M&S to fit, in a very long time so, yes my resolve is strong again and I am ready for the rest of my life.

Denise, as much as I’d love to come over the help you out, my own ironing in begining to look like mount everest, if I don’t do it soon I’ll have the whole himalayas there, sorry, I will take you up on that shopping trip to Ashford though, it’s a date, perhaps we could meet up with ANN410.

Anyway, that’s for the advice, encouragement and support, you guys are THE BEST.

Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Ms Ellie

Hi there Lesley you are allowed to have a “down day” I can feel one coming on myself today!!!!! Congratulations on the weight loss so far are you doing the milk diet???? You must be up for surgery then real soon. M & S wow!!!!! I can’t wait to shop In those kind of shops well done!!!!

Much love Ellie xxxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

H Miss Ellie

Good to hear from you, to answer your questions yes I am doing the milk diet, finding it a bit of a trial this morning, hubby has gone to work and I’m on my own, keep getting the urge to mouch but I have lots to keep me busy, it’s just getting the motivation to get on with it. My operation is on Tuesday, 22nd, so only one whole day of the lovely milk diet to go and yippee I can have an oxo for lunch tomorrow, instead of milk shake, before my jelly.

Why are you having a low day, your doing beautifully, keep up the good work.

Well housework doesn’t do itself so I suppose I should get going, I’m going to treat myself to long bubble bath later, that’s something to look forward to !!!! lol.

Take care and keep your chin up.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Lesley,
    I am a day behind you on the milk diet and I must say I now fed up with it lol, what is keeping me going is after today I have full day left to do, brought the last of the milk in yesterday so the end is in sight. The only worrying thing is I have now started with the sniffles, just hoping it is an early touch of hay fever as I have been out and about in the garden and with everyone beginning to cut the grass it may be grass pollen that is causing it, fingers crossed anyway.

Elaine xx

hazelann70

I wonder if all these sniffles is anything to do with the milk diet. I remember being told years ago that milk and dairy increases the mucus production. Just a thought!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media