Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

"The Big Secret" or not!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Aha…add a link to this site and post to your big reveal….. it will open the doubters eyes….
    Perhaps if they spend just a few minutes they will appriciate some of the things we go through….
    Its not easy somedays, its by far from an easy option.

We cater for family, friends and will encourage some comments, guests dont have to log in unless they want to post, they can do this without revealing who they are.
    I am sure we could offer our stories, they will see what a difference it has and does make…

We all do this for different reasons…. thats clear enough…

Nothing to hide here, except some baggy bits lol…..

Phoenix

This is a fab thread!!

I can identify with all of your stories as there is a piece of me in each of them! At first I wasn’t going to tell anyone but as the time is getting closer I have been telling more and more people. However, I do think this is because I do have a hiatus hernia which most people know has been giving me a lot of trouble for the past couple of years and this surgery is a way of sorting it out! Would I have been so open if this was not the case?

I’m not so sure because there is a part of me that does feel guilty at getting myself to a place where I need surgery, especially as I spend most of my time coaching and teaching women how to live their best lives and I clearly have not been living mine!

This is all part of my healing process as I learn to live on the losing side aka the winning side!

Phoenix

By the way Carol am looking forward to the book and the website and am sending you lots of good vibes, luck and prayers for tour new venture 🙂

My best friends mum has always said that there is a difference between friends and Fri-ends!! You’ll soon know the difference in your circle :kiss:

Ms Ellie

Excellent thread Streamliner….. me, im an open book I will tell anyone who will listen about having WLS……its my life, im the one who is paying a dear price for my OWN food choices, I now need help and not ashamed to ask for it xxxx

Carol good luck sweetie with the “big reveal”..

Precious

Carol, I cant wait for your recipes ………. I also hope your big reveal all goes well …….. I would love a signed book, you should take some to the T party, I would buy one thats for sure!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

solucky

CArol,

Good luck with the launch and I’ll second precious in that I’d buy the book too. xx

Lorraine

I didn’t want to tell anyone but I had to book the definite time off of work so chose to tell my bosses boss (a woman) who said that if I wanted 3 weeks off work and on a certain date I had to tell my boss (a man).
    Then I told my daughter, only because we live next door and she would know I was at home and I didn’t want her bringing the grandchildren around who would expect to be picked up etc.I didn’t think to tell her to keep it to herself, so she went and told the world, (all my extended family that I never talk to! and any of my friends she happened to see).
    There seemed very little point in keeping it quiet. So much for it being private and personal!
    I dread the day I see any of my cousins etc
    Happy days
    Lorraine

SuzieQ

I have tried to keep it a secret but ended up telling my kids because I needed to borrow money against my house, I thought that they would be against it but all four of them agreed it was a good idea, so it’s been a good thing for me….although I still don’t want everyone to know. As it turns out I needn’t have told them just yet as things have gone wrong and I won’t be having my op this year….I’m so sad :ohwell: but will keep on saving so I can have it early next year. I agree if friends desert you they are not worth having/keeping. Sue x

Brains

Hi SuzieQ
    Sorry to learn your op postponed but we are all still hear for u xx :grouphug:

Ms Ellie

@SuzieQ 6263 wrote:

I have tried to keep it a secret but ended up telling my kids because I needed to borrow money against my house, I thought that they would be against it but all four of them agreed it was a good idea, so it’s been a good thing for me….although I still don’t want everyone to know. As it turns out I needn’t have told them just yet as things have gone wrong and I won’t be having my op this year….I’m so sad :ohwell: but will keep on saving so I can have it early next year. I agree if friends desert you they are not worth having/keeping. Sue x

SuzieQ whats up girl I hope all is well with you if you wana chat PM me ok huni xxxx

SuzieQ

Thanks Ms Ellie & Brains for your kind words, it’s so great that there’s the support of this forum. You know what life islike sometimes, it likes tothrow a curve ball or two but I am determind to ahve this op, frustrated that somethings gotten in the way but it’s a little hiccup not a disaster 🙂 Others have far bigger problems than me bu sometimes you just want to throw a tantrum…you know how it is! Must keep smiling…Sue x

Ms Ellie

@SuzieQ 6296 wrote:

Thanks Ms Ellie & Brains for your kind words, it’s so great that there’s the support of this forum. You know what life islike sometimes, it likes tothrow a curve ball or two but I am determind to ahve this op, frustrated that somethings gotten in the way but it’s a little hiccup not a disaster 🙂 Others have far bigger problems than me bu sometimes you just want to throw a tantrum…you know how it is! Must keep smiling…Sue x

Yessssss Suzie keep smiling huni we are all here for you xxxx

Jan

I’ve never had a problem telling people about my op and mostly everyone has been supportive.
    I work as a Practice Nurse and my colleagues all knew (it is also my own GPs surgery so I was referred from there ) and they were worried what to tell the regular patients who would notice I wasn’t there so I told them to go ahead and tell them all.
    I’ve had lots of very positive comments and there is now quite a list of patients who want to go on the list for WLS too ! I think a lot of them appreciate seeing a health professional who has been unable to achieve a healthy weight by the normal ‘eat less / exercise more’ methods.
    I have had the occasion ‘easy way out’ remark but I make it quite clear that it is no easy option and after having a weight problem for 45 years it was hardly a spur of the moment decision.
    A few patients who I hadn’t seen since before my op did voice their concerns that I might be ill having lost so much weight in a short time so I have been more than happy to put their minds at rest by telling them the real reason :gossip:

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi

It’s fascinating to hear everyone’s story, At first I didn’t want to tell anyone outside of my immediate family, hubby, daughter, son but when I got funding approval I was so excited I told my sister, expecting to get a ‘oh no surely you can do it on your own’ type of comment but she was so supportive it really surprised me, and it helped to have someone else to talk to about it, being a school teacher she researched it so she knew what I was talking about when we had to have our crisis/panic conversations on the phone (as she lives three hundred miles away, the phone bill got a bit large )!!!!!!, other than that I haven’t told anyone else in the family, when I told my line manager I got the ‘are you sure, can’t you do it any other way, comment but my other team mates were excellent they just wanted to know all about it but, being sworn to secrecy it was difficult to explain it properly, so I just showed them this web site and let them read it. No one else knows because, in my opinion it’s enough to cope with the surgery and all that goes with it but I didn’t want to lay myself open to the (easy option) comments, and I definitely didnt’ want to tell my parents omg I can imagine the comments.

Do I feel as if I’m lying to people, yes I do, today I saw a work colleague I hadn’t seen in ages and she remarked on my weight loss and yes I felt good but a little bit inside me felt dishonest, if anyone asks what diet I’m on I just tell them smaller plates, smaller portions, more exercise, I wish I could have done it that way but I couldn’t it’s just a fact so I got help and now, six months down the line I’m six stone lighter and feeling marvellous and there’s not a day goes by when I don’t thank all the powers for Chris Pring and all the team for their skill and expertise in giving me my life back.

So that’s my story and every day my wardrobe is getting emptier and the charity bag fuller but hey, I got my faux fur coat down from the attic last week, it’s going to fit me in time for the christmas party this year and I haven’t been able to wear it for about 26 years, I knew it would come back in fashion!!!!

Thanks for listening, I know I ramble on a bit but thanks anyway.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

ruby tuesday

Great to hear how you are doing Lesley, and gosh I love empying my wardrobe too! Well done on the huge weight loss, and don’t think you are lying, what you tell people is exactly true, smaller plates, portions and more excercise, we just tend to get a guilt feeling like we should be adding more, but you are working hard for this, just feel proud of yourself. xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media