Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

The beginning of the rest of my life

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum » The beginning of the rest of my life

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Sammy39

Ooh Nettie! I’m beaming with pride, and a bit envious 😛 you go girl!!

Sammy

Nettie

Thanks you two, I went to see my Bariatric nurse today and we have both agreed on another 7lbs which I am really happy to go for and then we will see what happens.

Netie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Nettie, you are a weight loss MACHINE!! Well done, truly ;-))

Doodah x

Nettie

lol a weight loss machine, how funny you are Doodah.

Nettie xx

hides

Oh nettie i need a weight loss machine……. Can you pop over for a cuppa. 🙂

Heidi x

Doodah
    Keymaster

She (Nettie) may just have a new vocation!!

Nettie

We can all meet up at the tea party, I have my ticket yippee, hope you all have yours can’t wait to meet you all.

Nettie xx

hevthefev

Hi Nettie,have just read through your journey from the start…….Haven’t you done well!!lovely to see your first faltering steps to the success you have become……gives me confidence on the journey ahead….thank you Nettie xxx

Nettie

@hevthefev 24359 wrote:

Hi Nettie,have just read through your journey from the start…….Haven’t you done well!!lovely to see your first faltering steps to the success you have become……gives me confidence on the journey ahead….thank you Nettie xxx

Thank you so much, I don’t actually know where the time has gone it’s just flown by and although I was always able
    to blag my confidence in the past it’s so nice now to have natural confidence.

Your journey ahead will be just as successful I’m sure, stick to the rules and you will be rewarded, ask lots of questions and never suffer in silence. It always surprises me when I read stories about “failed” gastric bands, so often it’s the patients shovelling naughty slider foods down past their bands rather than the band failing that causes the weight loss to cease, of course there are always the odd case of band malfunction or leaking ports (I do hope our lovely John is back to his old self)

Keep motivated, stay focused and be kind to yourself, a little treat once a week has kept me on the straight and narrow and gives me something to look forward to at the weekend, I have a bottle of wine and a small chocolate bar over Saturday and Sunday and my weight loss has never suffered because during the week I stick to the rules.

Enjoy every minute of your journey and celebrate evry success, good luck

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Nettie 24361 wrote:

Thank you so much, I don’t actually know where the time has gone it’s just flown by and although I was always able
    to blag my confidence in the past it’s so nice now to have natural confidence.

Your journey ahead will be just as successful I’m sure, stick to the rules and you will be rewarded, ask lots of questions and never suffer in silence. It always surprises me when I read stories about “failed” gastric bands, so often it’s the patients shovelling naughty slider foods down past their bands rather than the band failing that causes the weight loss to cease, of course there are always the odd case of band malfunction or leaking ports (I do hope our lovely John is back to his old self)

Keep motivated, stay focused and be kind to yourself, a little treat once a week has kept me on the straight and narrow and gives me something to look forward to at the weekend, I have a bottle of wine and a small chocolate bar over Saturday and Sunday and my weight loss has never suffered because during the week I stick to the rules.

Enjoy every minute of your journey and celebrate evry success, good luck

Nettie xx

FANTASTIC POST Nettie. Thank you xx

Doodah x

Nettie

It’s too easy to punish ourselves and we never celebrate our success enough, bring on the tea party!!

Nettie xx

Nettie wrote:
    We can all meet up at the tea party, I have my ticket yippee, hope you all have yours can’t wait to meet you all.

Nettie xx

yay, I have mine too, how do we know who each other is? Being totally new to this? I can see lots of talking happening ha ha ha ha

Nettie

Maybe we wear name badges lol

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

We DO wear name badges!! They will be printed out and given to you on the day. However, sometimes, we only know each other’s Forum names so it can be a little tricky lol!

If you are ‘in the closet’ about your surgery, you will be given a red sticker to put on your name badge so that no member of the media will approach you or photograph you. Your ‘secret’ will always be safe with us.

Any other questions you wish to know, please fire away. I’m just trying to finalise numbers today so I can crack on and start ordering refreshments, chairs etc. I’m SO looking forward to it. Can’t wait to meet you all.

My ‘real’ name is Sue Smith. You can read about me on the website ;-))

Doodah x

Nettie

You’ll always be Doodah it will never escape you xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media