Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Thanet Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Andy

@Renn 18955 wrote:

Hi Everyone…. Kent area

Have heard so much about people needing support in Kent so please see the calendar as I’m starting one on Wednesday 7/9 from 7pm -10pm. ‘Weight Consultant’ has now 3 groups running. They are listed also on the very popular Carol Bowen Ball’s site too. Glad to hear there is a group already but never seen any info until today. I wish them all well. Please see the ‘Information’ page of my website for full details of the NEW free meeting at the Holiday Inn Sevenoaks-Maidstone. You are all very welcome and do bring a partner or friend too. It’s good to bring some photos too and many of us find this inspiring. Please email me on my website and I’ll look out for you by the door on your first night. Everyone welcome as always, if you have a large amount of weight to loose, pre-oppers, bands, bypassers, sleeves. etc.

See you on Wednesday 7/9 then

Bye

Madeleine (Renn)

Hi Renn

Will try and make your meeting, have put it in the calender anyway.

Andrea x

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Andy

Would have loved to come to your meeting but unfortunatley Paddock Wood is a bit far to go from Deal. If anyone from Deal, Dover and surrounding area wants to meet up just pm me and we can perhaps get together with Ganny and Candy and get a group going closer to home.

Hope to meet soon.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

johncg

Hi is the paddock wood meeting being held in October, I could not make the last one I was one day post op

Apy daze

John. X

Andy

Hi John

Yes the Paddock Wood meeting is the first thursday of every month so next date is 6th October.

Hope you are recoving well.

Andrea

Joanne

I know I’ve not posted much but if anyone’s nearish to medway dartford bluewater I’d love to chat/get together Jo x

johncg

Hi Jo

I’m Medway area five days post op band fitted by guy at harrow.

John x

Ms Ellie

@Joanne 18998 wrote:

I know I’ve not posted much but if anyone’s nearish to medway dartford bluewater I’d love to chat/get together Jo x

Hi Joanne I’m dartford so give us a shout xx

Hi guys, I have had a band fitted, repositioned and now removed and awaiting a bypass next march/April. Am in gravesend would be up for a support group nearer this area.

Katie x

Captain

Hi all,

I have just made the first steps in getting gastric surgery I had a meeting with my GP last week, I live in Thanet and want to know if there are any support groups that are on going if not any help would be appreciated im 28 year old male who is 6ft 2ins and 171kg so hoping this will be enable me to finally start living my life.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Mike

I had my gastric bypass on 22nd March and I would be extemely interested in coming to a meeting of your support group, are you up and running, if so what day and time do you meet. I work full time so evenings are my only free time.

It would be great to meet up.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Candy1

Hi :nod:
    if there is any thing going count me in i live near Sandwich, i also have had a bypass in March 11 and have lost just under 10 stone, i work full time so its evenings for me too

love Denise :wave:

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Candy1 20752 wrote:

Hi :nod:
    if there is any thing going count me in i live near Sandwich, i also have had a bypass in March 11 and have lost just under 10 stone, i work full time so its evenings for me too

love Denise :wave:

Denise – WOW!! !0 stone since March? You are a weight loss demon! Well done and I hope you get sorted with a support group. I’m 3 years post op and still need the support of my wls buddies. Luckily I have a fantastic network of people on whom I can rely.
    Sandwich is a lovely place. I used to live in Ashford so know Kent very well 😉

Doodah x

Candy1

Thanks Doodah
    i am very pleased to say the least with my weight loss i set myself a goal of 10 stone a lot i know but my daughter is getting married on the 17th dec at the Grand folkestone, so say no more, although it is a short time i am worried the weight loss will stop i have more to lose and the magical year is coming round so i hope i can keep the loss going
    as for the support group i have teamed up with Lesley we go swimming and catch up for a coffee talk on the phone keep each other going this has helped greatly
    love Denise

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Denise. I know it’s really hard not to, but try not to get hung up on the ‘numbers’. We all lose at different rates but all finally get to where our bodies say we should be. For some it’s 9st for some it’s 12 (ladies) and more for the guys. At 5′ 3″ I should probably weigh around 9st. However, I am between 10.8 and 11 most of the time. Still overweight ‘officially’ but a standard size 12. Seeing as I started out at 26st+ and a size 34 it seems ridiculous to quibble about a few pounds lol!

You will look beautiful at your daughter’s wedding because you will be so happy. The most beautiful bride I have ever seen in my whole life was a friend who was a size 22. She glowed with happiness and it made her look stunning. You have the rest of your life to look forward to and please try to focus on how brilliantly well you done so far.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Doodah

Being Denise’s swimming buddy and the other half of our small support duo, I totally agree with all message to Denise, she is doing wonderfully and looks fantastic. I think we’ve all spent so much time in the past fixating on our weight that it’s difficult to throw that little habit away. Yes it would be wonderful to get down to our “ideal” weight but, taking into account our age, medical problems and lifestyle factors, we have to accept that, although we’re not going to get to what we want to be, we’ll get down to what we need to be, to be healthy and happy and, at the end of the day that’s all that matter.

Keep up the excellent work Denise, your fantastic.

Lots of love to all and a very merry christmas

Lesley
    xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘Thanet Support Group’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media