Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Thanet Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Vineuk

Hi all my name is Michael but most call me Mike. I’m just turning 40 and I had Gastric bypass surgery 8 weeks ago today. I was 27 stone 8 and have managed to loose 3 stone 11 pounds so far. The only negative thing I have noticed with this whole situation is the lack of support in my area. So I am posting to see how many people in thanet and the surrounding areas are interested in coming to a support group if I start one up. It will be for people that have had surgery or are on the waiting list. I all ready help run a support group for chronic pain patients on a Monday morning. So I’m no stranger to this sort of thing. It will basically just be a meet, where people can chat, have a laugh and generally get support if they feel they wont it. Day and time will depend on what is best for the biggest majority. If we can get 5 people and myself to start with then we can build on that as time goes by. I’m quite a friendly chap and havn’t been know to bit any one as of yet lol. Woud be nice to meet others in the same situation and share any conserns that every one of us has had since we started this long journey.

carolthecook

Hi Mike and a very warm welcome. I am not exactly in your neck of the woods at all but would certainly support any moves that you make. I am something of a bariatric cook so would always welcome the chance to come and talk to any new group and offer ‘buddie bariatric support’. Personal message me on the forum if you want to but good luck with starting something up…and wow! great start with the weight-loss, you must be thrilled! Carol

SJ

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Thanet is a bit far for me, but good luck!

SJ

Ms Ellie

Hi Mike welcome…… will try to support your group if I can xxx

karen47

Hi Mike, I have had funding agreed and am awaiting the first letter from Chichister, I am up in Medway but work full time, depending on what day and time you were thinking of I would be interested, I have been looking to see if there was anything this way but have not found anything.

Good luck with setting things up

best wishes
    Karen

p.s glad things went well for you Miss Ellie

karen47

oops MS Ellie even 🙂

Ms Ellie

@karen47 9023 wrote:

oops MS Ellie even 🙂

Thanks Karen xxxx

Anonymous

Hi Mike and welcome to the streamline forum.
    You will be rewarded well for your efforts.
    Face to face support is awesome and a chance to get out.
    Fingers crossed you fond enough to get you started….. It might be worth mail shooting local surgergies to drum up buisness….

Find yourself a catchy name and your be off and running in no time….

Look forward to your input…

All the best

Andy aka Buzz ( Bognor Regis)

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Did you manage to get your support group up and running because I am due to have my bypass on the 23rd of this month and would love to join a support group in the Thanet are as I live in Margate, can you let me know if you did manage to get it going and when and where you meet.
    Elaine xx

Ms Ellie

Hi Elaine I haven’t heard any more about the support group starting up in Thanet mike hasent been on for some time now. We need a support group in Kent!!!!!!!!!!!

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Ms Ellie,
    There seems to be a few people on the forum from Kent and it would be lovely if we could get up a support group. My op is in two weeks time and once I get back on my feet again I might think about starting one up trouble is I wouldn’t have a clue how to go about it. I read all your threads on your meetings and I am quite envious of you all being able to go somewhere to meet people who have been and are going through the same as you. I know the forum is here and I am so pleased that I have found it as I have had so much support and advice from it but to be able to chat face to face with someone would be amazing that is why I like going to Loxwood because there is always someone to chat to.
    Elaine xx

Ganny
    Participant

Would any ine be interested in a support group in the Thanet/ East Kent area, I know there was one on the list that Ms Ellie posted and I have tried to get in touch with both of the people listed and have had no answer from one of my emails and the other one came back to me saying the email address had been closed. If you are interested could you let me know and we can see about meeting up somewhere to ” support each other.
    Elaine xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine

I’ve looked at the same group and got the same reply, so yes I’d be very interested.

Lesley
    xxx

Ms Ellie

Hi there Elaine and Lesley a support group in Kent is much needed I too was thinking of starting one up too near to the dartford area. I hope you do start some thing up down your end of kent and please count me in for support. I will try and see if I can go through that list and maybe delete the ones that are no longer up and running.

Please if I can help with your group I will do my very best!!!

Much love Ellie xxx

ANN410

It would be great to have a support group for the members that live in Deal, Dover , Folkestone, Ashford area , dartford is a bit to far out ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘Thanet Support Group’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media