Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

This is the link to Carol’s book. I have asked Carol about buying from bookshops and am pleased to tell you that you can indeed buy them from W H Smith.

I have posted about it under the releavent heading. Hope that helps

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hides 26290 wrote:

Hi natalie + sharlotte

Well i can tell you i am sick twice a week and occasionally even more. Cant say it is nice, but it really isn’t like vommitting…… Usually you get this discomfort in you chest, and sometimes if you walk around it can go….. Sometimes you have to go to the toilet and if you cough it will come up. The discomfort i can only discribe as , “if you have ever had a boiled sweet and swollowed it whole……. ” you will get to know the feeling once you move further on with our fills .

I tell you this ladies not to scare you in anyway ,it’s just to make you aware. Our band can be our best friend but occasionally it can play games. I can eat something on 1 day and have the same the next day and 2 mouthfulls in and it doesn’t stay down . 🙁 . My biggest problem is…… Eating slowly, 1 year on and i still find it difficult to eat slow. My nurse gives me the 20/20 rule speach …… ( nothing bigger then a 20p and chew 20 times) . Having told you this , my buddy from BOSPA has only been sick twice in 15 months, so we are all different and somethimes i think i push it too far and always go for those last couple of mouthfulls ( AND I SHOULDN ‘T……. Old habbits are hard to break ) .

Best wishes
    Heidi.

Hi Heidi

Fab post again.

My bypass likes to show me who’s boss every once in a while too, even after four years!

I was so sick two nights ago that I thought I was going to lose my eyeballs down the loo! My crime? Eating rather too tough poultry (I’m trying to re-introduce animal protein back into my diet – with little luck so far I might add) when I was freezing cold.

My body HATES digesting food when I’m cold and I haven’t eaten meat for 3 years. I’m not veggie for moral reasons (although I will never, ever eat pig flesh as I hope to one day have one as a pet and could not eat an animal that is more intelligent than my dogs!) and I don’t eat fish due to allergies, it’s just that my bypass doesn’t much care for it!

So, my little pouch decided to teach me a lesson. It worked and I will never try chicken or turkey again! I had a little more success with some almost liquidly soft slow-cooked lamb so may try that again. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, that your band/bypass is your best friend so don’t abuse it! It’s trying to help you make a better life for yourself so please listen to it.

The 20/20/20 rule is an absolute must do for us all: band or bypass. I also still never drink with a meal. We are all different but when all is said and done, the ‘rules’ are there for a reason.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Heidi food getting stuck scares me but I guess it is a side effect. I eat too quickly also. I will have to take notice of what I am doing. Thanks Doodah will source out the cookbook

lynne903

Good luck with your band Natalie, I had mine yesterday and although I spent the rest of the day feeling really rubbish and wondering whether I’d done the right thing, today I feel much better. I’ve still got some pain and discomfort but bearable.

I have found this forum invaluable throughout the whole process and will continue to. It’s great to have people to chat to who are at varying different points along their weight loss journey.

Take care and let us know how you get on

xx

natalieyoung

Ah thanks Lynne at the minute I am terrified. Glad to hear your feeling better now.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Glad to hear this forum has been useful to you Lynne. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without it at times. Plus support group of course. It’s just so brilliant to actually see people come ‘back to life’ right before your eyes!

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Just had my last glass of diet coke and I will seriously miss it! Ah here’s to the new me cheers everyone

natalieyoung

Have to say I made a big mistake and read stuff about how the gastric band was the worse thing people ever did and I am now having second thoughts!

skinnysoup

I would be lying if I didn’t have second thoughts the day before I went in, and even today I was having a tear asking myself the same question, however for every one person that says anything negative you will find scores of people with positive stories.

Yes it will be different yes it will be a change to your eating pattern but the one we are all currently in isn’t working for us!

Of course you have to be sure, but don’t waste your time hearing all the negatives focus on all the positives there are out there.

natalieyoung

Thanks Kerrie its comforting to know that other people felt the same as me and went through with the operation. I am going to push all the negative thoughts I am having to one side and focus on what I want from the band. I have been the fat girl all my life and I am sick of it.

skinnysoup

Now that’s more positive.

Will think of you at 5!

If it helps, I feel so much better today, dressed and booked to have my hair washed and dried this pm. So my day 3 was my worst day.

Good luck babe, and here is to a thinner you.

Kerrie

Xx

natalieyoung

Thanks Kerrie you are just an inspiration! Just ha a shower and drying my hair will be leaving in an hour or so thanks again c

Dee68

Hi Natalie,

just had mind on 07/11/12

You will be ok, it’s life changing good luck and speak soon

Love Dee

natalieyoung

Thanks Dee sitting here in my fetching blue gown with my bum hanging out waiting to go to theatre.

natalieyoung

Surgery delayed so waiting to go in. Nerves are gone at this stage just anxious to get in now

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media