Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Thanks everyone for the support I am looking forward to the new me. I am off on a family holiday to Florida in march and I hope I have lost some weight by then. I hate the way I feel so uncomfortable on the plane an how I have to worry about not fitting on the roller coaster it’s awful

Lauren
    Keymaster

Natalie, the dreaded tight plane seat – we have ALL been through that one and some of us have suffered the indignity of having to ask for the (bright orange!) extender belt. Then the not being able to put the lap tray down or (and this is the very, very worst) not fitting into the loo.

As for rollercoasters – I wouldn’t go on one if you paid me a million pounds haha!

Anyhow, all that will soon be behind you and you will be lighter and healthier for your lovely holiday to Florida.

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Ah Doodah I have never been able to put the food tray down its so embarrassing! And as always I need a seatbelt extension. I am hoping come march I won’t need one.

Lauren
    Keymaster

I wish I could be a fly on the wall as you put on your seatbelt and it’s a good fit and then have a smile as you put the tray up, down, up, down… just like I did!! It’s such a small inconsequential thing to other people but to us it’s monumental!!

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Will take a picture as I do it so you can see my smile! I can’t wait to lose this weight it has held me back all my life. I wonder if I will need to get excess skin removed as my stomach is quite large and droopy. I think it’s called an apron that I have.

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’ve just had an apronectomy Natalie. I lost 15st so had quite a large overhang or ‘apron’. It’s a big op and needs serious consideration but I’m glad I had it done dispite several setbacks!

You can read about my experiences in the section under ‘Plastic surgery’ on this forum. I’m very honest about what happened to me so you will get a bit of an idea about what you might expect.

Please do take some pictures on that plane!! I would love to see the smile on your face as you tighten up your belt and drop your lap tray ;-))

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’ve just had an apronectomy Natalie. I lost 15st so had quite a large overhang or ‘apron’. It’s a big op and needs serious consideration but I’m glad I had it done dispite several setbacks!

You can read about my experiences in the section under ‘Plastic surgery’ on this forum. I’m very honest about what happened to me so you will get a bit of an idea about what you might expect.

Please do take some pictures on that plane!! I would love to see the smile on your face as you tighten up your belt and drop your lap tray ;-))

Here’s the link to my experience of Plastic surgery streamline-surgical.com/forum/other-bariatric-surgeries-plastic-surgery/3222-overwhelmed-6

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by clare.williams.
    sharlotte

I never had anything sticking until my first fill, half a banana and a cracker are sticking at the moment, it feels like indigestion and soon passes! I was worried about this and being sick and touch wood I’ve not once been sick!!!! Good luck xxx

natalieyoung

That’s great to know Sharlotte the stuck thing worried me to be honest. I am not a puker at all I hate being sick! Can I ask you what you would eat in a typical day

sharlotte

Hi Natalie,

I have yoghurt or porridge for breakfast, half a banana for mid morning snack, soup, rivita or salad for lunch and for dinner meat/fish and veg! I try to vary it but do struggle a bit with ideas!!! I’ve only had one full so my restriction is not what it should be yet! So will power is a must at the beginning!!!xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sharlotte, do you have the books by the lovely Carol Ball? They are full of fabulous bariatric recipes that the whole family will love. She has done all the work for you nutrition-wise so they are always ok to eat. She has also grouped them into the various stages – smooth, lumpy normal etc. Here is the link if you would like to get them.

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Sharlotte it sounds like your doing great. Doodah is the cookbook available in book stores

Lauren
    Keymaster

I don’t think it is Natalie. Leave it with me I will ask Carol 😉

sharlotte

I brought a weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies and its all American :-/ was a little put off! I will look into carol’s book!!! Thanks doodah xxx

hides

Hi natalie + sharlotte

Well i can tell you i am sick twice a week and occasionally even more. Cant say it is nice, but it really isn’t like vommitting…… Usually you get this discomfort in you chest, and sometimes if you walk around it can go….. Sometimes you have to go to the toilet and if you cough it will come up. The discomfort i can only discribe as , “if you have ever had a boiled sweet and swollowed it whole……. ” you will get to know the feeling once you move further on with our fills .

I tell you this ladies not to scare you in anyway ,it’s just to make you aware. Our band can be our best friend but occasionally it can play games. I can eat something on 1 day and have the same the next day and 2 mouthfulls in and it doesn’t stay down . 🙁 . My biggest problem is…… Eating slowly, 1 year on and i still find it difficult to eat slow. My nurse gives me the 20/20 rule speach …… ( nothing bigger then a 20p and chew 20 times) . Having told you this , my buddy from BOSPA has only been sick twice in 15 months, so we are all different and somethimes i think i push it too far and always go for those last couple of mouthfulls ( AND I SHOULDN ‘T……. Old habbits are hard to break ) .

Best wishes
    Heidi.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media