Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. ยป Terrified of gettin band on 10th November

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    natalieyoung

Hi everyone I am getting my gastric band fitted a week from today. I have always battled with my weight and done all the diets going. I have poly cystic ovaries which does not make losing weight easy. Before my preop diet I weight in at a very embarrassing 21st 2 lbs. Could people please shares their experiences and maybe success stories as I considering not going through with it I am so scared!

skinnysoup

Natalie,

I have just replied to a similar thread, I too have pcos and have battled with weight for years, along with the acne and the fertility treatment!

I am 35 and weigh just under 16 stone and having the band next Tuesday.

I feel terrified and very alone but from what i have read on here everyone seems very positive.

Stay in touch we can go through it together.
    Xx

pgoldsmith

Hi both

Had my band over a tear now. The surgery and post op for a week or two is the worse part. I had mine with Mr Pring in Gatwick. It’s natural to feel scared we are only human but remember this op has a great safety record and is relatively quick. Think of the positives but also don’t expect miracles is what I gave learnt. Each persons journey is different. I gave lost 5.5 stone but gradually over the year, now down to 13.8 stone, still about 2 stone shy a of a perfect BMI. The year has been ok though, had many band adjustments to get the level of restriction correct. Think if ur band as a good angel in you it keeps I on the straight and narrow. I used to enjoy rewarding my self with food, this still happens but the band tells u to stop as the restriction kicks in and as your body puts the breaks on. Once u have been through the uncomfortable stage, I wouldn’t even say painful the rest is a breeze. You should feel prroud of yourselves as you are taking a positive pro active step to improve your health, which as you look around these days many people do not. Good luck any questions drop me a line there are many nice people to chat with here on the forum.
    Paul

skinnysoup

Natalie,

Where are you getting it done?

Kerrie xx

natalieyoung

Thanks Paul I am definitely going to go through with it I think I am just nervous as I have two small children. I don’t ever remember being under general anaesthetic which scares me but i had a c section on my daughter and found it a breeze. I am celebratin my 30th birthday today and don’t want to celebrate my 40th at this weight. I am having the band fitted in Auralia in Ireland. Dr David Hewin is performing the surgery.

sharlotte

Hi Natalie,

I had my band fitted 4 weeks ago, I also have a little boy who was 5 months when I had surgery, I also celebrated my 30th this year, we have a lot in common!!!
    The milk diet, I loved it! It’s a lot easier than you think and I never once felt hungry!
    The op was very quick, the staff are all very reassuring and supportive, the pain in my shoulder was immense! I did struggle with that! However after a week I was back on my feet and felt great!
    4 weeks on and after my first fill yesterday I have lost 2 stone! I am hugely proud of myself as I didn’t feel a great amount of restriction in those 4 weeks so a lot of it was down to will power which I never thought I had!!!!!!!
    I have to be honest, I still don’t feel a great amount of restriction now but I will be having a full every 2 weeks to get to my ‘sweet spot’ so I’m still using my new found will power!
    Your surgery will be fine, your children will appreciate the slimmer, healthier, happier you!
    Good luck and I’m looking forward to following your journey!!!
    Sharlotte x

natalieyoung

Thanks everybody for all the encouragement. Sharlotte I have 4 year old boy and a six month old girl. I am not on the milk diet but a low carb low sugar diet so it’s not too bad.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Natalie and welcome

You have very young children and I admire you so much for doing this for them.

Someone once asked me if I would die for my children: ‘of course!’ was my answer. They then asked me ‘So why won’t you live for them?’ It was the most pivotal moment of my life and what spurred me on to have my bypass.

We are all here for you and I know all the fab bandsters on here will help you on every step of your journey to a happier, healthier life ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

hides

Hi sharlotte

Oh isn’t it funny, only a couple of weeks back you were looking for support and advise, and here you are only a little further down the line and you are giving your support to Natalie. It’s brilliant ๐Ÿ™‚ .( and you are doing fab ) .

Natalie everything will be fine, you are in good hands and there is also support on here from lots of people. Ask anything you need to know, no question is silly and there is always someone to guide you along.

Best wishes
    Heidi. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
    Keymaster

Great post as usual Hides x

natalieyoung

Thanks so much everybody I am so positive and looking forward to the new me. I did not put a single piece of cake in my mouth on my birthday I am so determined to get this done. You are all so inspiring and I can’t wait to share my success stories with you all.

natalieyoung

God Sharlotte you have lost 2 stone in 4 weeks that’s fantastic. Has anyone had any problem with food getting stuff as this is the thing that really scares me about the band

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 26197 wrote:

Thanks so much everybody I am so positive and looking forward to the new me. I did not put a single piece of cake in my mouth on my birthday I am so determined to get this done. You are all so inspiring and I can’t wait to share my success stories with you all.

Hi Natalie, we can’t wait to hear them! You’ll soon be helping new folk yourself you wait and see ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love how it works on here – new people come in asking questions and feeling apprehensive and the people who have had theirs done support and encourage them. 3 months down the road, the new ones are then the people sharing with the ‘newbies’ the support and advice they need. We are excellent recyclers haha!!

Doodah x

brown69owl

Hi Natalie

I have had my band since the end of May , food getting stuck worried me but only happened twice and that is because I was talking at the same time as eating and forgot to chew, uncomfortable but really not that bad ! Just remember to chew, chew , chew !!!

Jackie x

Lauren
    Keymaster

See, now Jackie is helping the newbies a mere six months after her own band op. Brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media