Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ten Commandments of weight loss

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi guys.

Saw this on Streamline’s Facebook page and thought it was a good thing to share – works just as effectively after wls!

935655_498242646896994_426946593_n_zps9c06218f.jpg

Doodah x

Whitey

All good rules to follow. I think the most important one is portion size. Just been shopping to the supermarket with a friend and she commented how different my shopping trolley looks now. Post bypass I am determined to make sure what food I eat is good for me. Going round the store I realised that 75% of the shelves are full of rubbish and it’s no wonder we have high rates of obesity. My friends trolley was full of cakes, biscuits and chocolate and she is a size 8! There is no justice in this world!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh my goodness, you are so right about the injustice in the world weight-wise. My little Mum has had to watch her weight her whole life and gains weight as easily as putting on her socks. My Dad on the other hand has always been able to eat exactly what he wants and as much as he feels like – and is whippet thin. Give you one guess who I take after lol!

You are absolutely right also about how much complete rubbish there is for sale in the average supermarket. The only place you can guarantee everything is health (except for pesticides which is a whole other story) is in the fruit and veg aisles. Oh and some of the frozen and canned goods. Almost everything else is full of chemicals, additives, colouring and flavouring. Like you say, no wonder there is an obesity epidemic in this country because even when we make the right choices we have forgotten what is a ‘normal’ size portion.

My American friends used to look forward to coming to Britain because they knew they would lose weight. Our portion sizes used to be so much smaller than theirs: not anymore. The ‘super-sizing’ that is now offered at almost every outlet has seen to that. People want to think they are getting value for money but completely overlook the fact that all they are really gaining is weight and all the complications that go with it.

Anyway, I just thought this was a useful thing to have a look at so I’m glad you agree.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media