Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Tell Us Your Op Date (Bypass)

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Tell Us Your Op Date (Bypass)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    luckyflower

Ann – I did the pre op twice too two months apart and i found the second time harder. In the end got into the swing of it. It seemed chaotic with lots of people suddenly coming for meals and I spent time just having milk. I imagine it is hard this time of year but you will start the New Year the best ever!!!! Good luck!

Clarabella – being emotional is very normal. I also have two young children. I started putting less food on their plates as I was not eating the left overs!! My husband took over some of the meal times as I was frustrated with them not eating probably because I could not eat. As I said to Ann you will start the New Year doing the best thing taking a step to better health. All the best!

ruby tuesday

I was lucky and didn’t have to cook at all during my milk diet, so I did find it ok after about day 4, but was a bit hungry up till then. My hat goes off to you guys who are cooking for family whilst having milk, and all I can say is that I promise you will find it was all worth it once the weight comes off post-op! Best of luck for your ops too. xx

Looking forward to meeting you too Ann on Wednesday!

Clarabella – diet is going ok but I am on the food one as I don’t eat milk. Have totally stick to it but have been feeling pretty crappy really. Think I haven’t been eating enough as I don’t eat some of the things on this diet either. Chichester have now given me an extra two yoghurts a day as a substitute. How are you doing?

Not long for us all now!

Emma
    X

Apologies for all the spelling/grammar mistakes. I’m typing on my phone.

ANN410

Hi Emma , how you doing , I’m struggling , feel sick with hunger , on a count down now half way there , x x

Clarabella

Hello!! Milk diet is ok, I think it’s easy as I don’t have to think about food or calories, and I love milky coffee so it’s good! Downside is terrible constipation!! Awful. Anyway, now have some milk of magnesium to help with that! Ive lost over half a stone since Sunday and now thinking ‘geez I should just keep doing this!’ lol.
    I just want to have it done now… Hate being in limbo. Hope you’re all doing ok?! X x

ruby tuesday

I’m with you here Clarabella, I was ok on the milk diet, but don’t let the constipation continue, try to clear it before the op, because mine was post-op and no medical procedure helped, making that the main cause of my discomfort, and very unpleasant, so even if you need to see GP for Movical sachets, do so, and go into op as empty as poss.!!

Clarabella

Thanks ruby, seriously it was the worst experience ever, and has left me feeling really uncomfortable! I have been taking milk of magnesium daily now do u think that’s ok? X

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Clarabella. Probably not a good idea to take over-the-counter stuff too regularly as there is no way of monitering it. Like Ruby said, Movecal is good as it is a ‘softener’ (sorry to be so graphic!) Might be a good idea to ask your GP for a gentle laxative. I take senna tablets every day as I have to take a lot of painkillers for a totally unrelated condition. Constipation is absolutely awful but can be remedied quite simply – thank goodness ;-))

Doodah x

Clarabella

Thank you ladies, I emailed the dietician last week who said I could have some
    Raw veggies which did the trick, no problem there now and I only had one Portion!

I’ve actually found the milk diet easy not having to think about foods… I am getting the wobbles now about the op. eeek. X

ruby tuesday

Don’t worry, we all do, but it is so much easier than we think, and you will be out the other side before you know it, and happily telling us how much you have lost! I had no pain afterwards either, just discomfort, and only took paracetamol, such amazingly quick recovery really for such major surgery! We will be thinking of you, and wishing you well. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Clarabella 20911 wrote:

Thank you ladies, I emailed the dietician last week who said I could have some
    Raw veggies which did the trick, no problem there now and I only had one Portion!

I’ve actually found the milk diet easy not having to think about foods… I am getting the wobbles now about the op. eeek. X

My go-to constipation food is nuts…need I say more haha!

Don’t worry too much about the surgery, it’ll be the best thing you ever did xx

Doodah x

I’m going to see the fab Shaw Sommers at the Spire Hospital Portsmouth for my 1st follow up appointment on 15/12/11. What can I expect?

Will I be weighed? I hope so as I no longer own any scales having thrown them out in a fit of pique several years ago!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Rose.

The throwing out of the scales really made me laugh! I know exactly how you feel haha!

You will indeed be weighed and I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised. They will check everything is going according to schedule and answer any questions you might have. You may also be seen by the dietician, depending on how things have been pogressing. I always loved the short and sweet appointments as that meant everything was A-OK.

Look forward to hearing your update ;-))

Doodah x

ruby tuesday

I was going to say, well my appt was oniy 15 mins, but all was well, and it is nice to feel reasurred, especially when the scars are checked and they are fine, and you hear ‘Well, they will soon fade’!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media