Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Tell us the date of your op!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,050 total)
  • Author
    carolthecook

Hi Bovril Body – will be thinking of you on Thursday – it’s my wedding anniversary day so when I toast a ‘good life’ with my husband I shall also toast you – the start of your new life! Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

jacquie

Hello would be nice to get to know anyone going into hospital on the 15th April and pre op app 26th March, also anyone had Mr Chris Ping as their surgeon, i am getting so excited i can.t wait x

Spikeyjaycee

Hi Jacqui – I had Chris Pring. He seems very nice. Only met him briefly when he came to get the consent form signed and then in theatre he put his hand on my shoulder as I was trying to get on the table. He had to go off to Leeds the following day but rang the night staff at 6.30am to see how we all were. All the staff at the hospital are great. You could not be in better hands.

jacquie

Hi Spikeyjacee
    Thanks for your message its always nice to hear from someone who knows what your going through x

carolthecook

Hi Jacquie, I met Chris Pring at a seminar in Guildford and he is an amazing professional surgeon with a fantastic bedside manner. Like all the other Streamline Surgeons he is very proficient and capable but non-judgemental too. You are going to be in the best of hands. Good luck!

jap

anyone else having a bypass on the 6th may at st richards? just managed to lose 19 1/2 stone instantly my husband moved out on thursday!lol so just need to shed the rest with my surgery ! so my screen name is now jab not jap!

Anonymous

Awwww Jab,
    Sorry to here about the split… It comes at a time you really need support.
    So, rely on us…

Hopefully we can get you comfortable and perpaired for your surgery…. Poor fella doesnt realise what he will be missing in months…. A year out and he might not even recognise you…

So, for you, you have to continue, dont let this spoil what your about to do. Having a bypass or band was and still is for you. To be comfortable, to be healthier and somewhat happier.

I sure hope you have others around, beit friends or family you will need some hugs as it can get a little emotional at times….. Its natural and to be expected…
    You have us here, and their are other support groups online that will help if you need them.
    Your never alone..

So keep focused, you will be fine…

Wishing you well.

Buzz x

carolthecook

Dear Jab, I echo those sentiments, we are here, we understand and you will never be alone…sad fella is going to regret bailing out…but you won’t!

jap

thanks he has just thrown away 23 years of marriage but i will have the last laugh!

jacquie

Would love to chat with anyone coming into hospital around that date, and who’s doing the pre op diet
    Thanks
    Jacquie

jok

hi is anyone be given the 13th may for their op…?

Ms Ellie

Im attending Chichester with my sister on the 9th she has her appointment with the Bariatric team on Friday.

Bovrilbody

I will be there tomorrow (7th April) for my post op check. Can’t wait to get weighed in and know just how much I have lost. My appointment is just after 11 am but I will be hanging around as most of the people I was on the ward with are not there until the afternoon and I want to meet up with them again. Anyone else going tomorrow? Please introduce yourself to me – I’ll be the one with two walking sticks.

Bovrilbody

Sorry I will miss you Ms Ellie but thanks for posting this because I thought it was Friday I was supposed to be there and might have missed my appointment if I hadn’t gone to check before replying to you.

Bovrilbody = Ruth x

Ms Ellie

Lol Ruth sooooo glad you havent missed your appointment girl xxx

Ruth the appointment is not mine its my sister’s, she has her appointment to meet the Bariatrics team im going for moral support plus we are staying over night in Chichester so we can go straight to the hospital in the morning. Whats parking like for the lockswood centre?? Have they got disabled bays nearby??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,050 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media