Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sweets

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I was warned about the effect sweets can have on a post gastric bypass patient. I was told they can cause some nasty intestinal side effects. Any experience out there?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hiya Teach

What you have been told about is called ‘dumping syndrome’. It happens if you eat things that are high in fat or sugar (natural or artificial) and is truly awful. It can be anything from headache, palpitations, sweating and needing to sleep to frothing at the mouth and being sick. Some people get the ‘runs’ too. It’s a very effective tool for teaching us to avoid such foods! Rading the nutritional information labels on food thoroughly can help to avoid it.

Hope that helps. Other people will probably be along to tell you what happens too as everyone reacts differently! I absolutely hate the ‘frothing’ which is seriously excessive saliva – YUK!

Doodah xx

Anonymous

Doodah has hit it right on the button…..
    Occasioanlly something will knock you back, its a safety device and encourages us to stick to some rules.
    You wont want to have a bad dump too often.

but then whos to say you will??

We all so different…. lets hope any side effects you might experience are light ones……

Frotthing made me laugh sooooo much…… Dumping didnt…

All the best, your most likely be fine….

Buzz x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media