Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

sweet tooth

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi guys

Is it me or are there more who have developed a sweet tooth since the operation .
    I struggle to eat a meal but anything sweet goes down a treat.
    Am getting really stressed because put on 6lb in last 7 weeks
    Am going to get a good telling off on fri at st richards

Brains

Hi Jacko
    Do not be too hard on yourself. I cannot comment on prefering sweet things as always have!!! But the Team at St Richards I am sure will be able to assist you. It is a huge learning curve for everyone. xx :grouphug:
    PS are you a Chef?

Precious

Shaw Somers said to me that after the op you often no longer fancy sweet things/chocolate, especially if you dump on it! Well I didn’t fancy them until about a week ago. I haven’t dumped on chocolate YET! but I do fancy it now and again, so I got some of the Mikado chocolate sticks, which are like a biscuit dipped in chocolate (the size of matchmakers) they are only 11 calories, 0.8g of sugar per stick, and i have 2 or 3 of them when I fancy it and I am happy. I don’t think I would be much more daring than that through fear of dumping and obviously the weight!!

XX precious xx

hi brains i am a chef not the best job to be after a bypass ,
    I do not dump on chocolate at all which is really strange wish i did to stop me eating it am pulling my hair out and scared stiff im gonna put weight back on need to have my mouth stiched closed lol.
    Dont eat a lot about 4 squares a night

bypassju

hi i crave sweet food all the time and very rarely dump. Do worry about long term weight loss seem to be losing at moment but only 10 months out.
    Any advice greatfully received
    thanks

hi
    I sooo empathise with you
    its funny how it works after all you would not think that 3 or 4 squares of choccy would make you gain weight
    as pre op when we all ate so much more it probably wouldnt have but now because or bodies and therfore metabolisims have been put into a state of virtual starvation especially in the first 6 months post bypass everything we eat after is stored as FAT STORES cause the body thinks you might be starving it anytime soon-it gets much worse 18 months post bypass when your appitite returns and you feel starving AND NOT HEAD HUNGER-RELA HUNGER PAINS SET IN yet you know you will gain at anything over 1000 calories per day and thats NOT to keep losing but just to prevent gaining-so hard this journey we face but so very worthwhile just to be mobile and feel healthy again bestest luck on your own journey xxx

TobysDad

I must admit I have developed more of a sweet tooth since the op. With me it is biscuits, never ate them pre-op now they are part of my diet, however only manage the plainer ones like digestives and nob nobs and tend to buy the light versions even though I don’t think there is alot of difference. Can’t do chocolate at all. Mark

Ms Ellie

@jackothechef 5721 wrote:

hi brains i am a chef not the best job to be after a bypass ,
    I do not dump on chocolate at all which is really strange wish i did to stop me eating it am pulling my hair out and scared stiff im gonna put weight back on need to have my mouth stiched closed lol.
    Dont eat a lot about 4 squares a night

Try not to be to hard on yourself there, why not stick a square of your choc in the freezer it will take you ages to nibble through it and you will probably wont eat as much! Only a suggestion…. good Luck at St Richards xxxx

Just shows how this surgery affects everyone differently – I hanker after spicy and savoury food with a good depth of flavour. Don’t even want anything sweet and have stayed well clear of confectionery and chocolate. I also find many of the protein supplements too sweet for my palate. However, a good curry, chilli, pickle and I’m your girl! Carol x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media