Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Sweet spot

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LynnT

Hi all

I’ve only been banded a couple of weeks and keep reading about reaching your sweet spot. Can someone please tell me what this is and how will I know when I have reached it. Thanks.

Lynn x

SJ

Your sweet spot is essentially having the ‘prefect’ restriction in your band when you eat just enough to lose weight. This is when your band truly starts to work! You obviously always need to make the right food choices, but the band restricts you enough to really make a difference! Can take numerous fills, and sadly a few people do not reach their sweet spots, but for most people you can expect probably 3-6 fills (maybe a year to 18 months) before you get there. Some people reach this much quicker, but I think that about 4-5 fills is average.

Hope this helps.

SJ

Streamliner

Hi Lynn,

A sweet spot is somthing that is reached when your band is filled to just the right level, it often takes a few fills to get it there….don’t worry about it too much right now, you are just healing at the moment, not due for your first fill for some weeks.

hope this helps

LynnT

Thank you very much for your replies. Stacey – judging by your photos I hope I do as well as you have. I’ve got my first 3 fills booked in for July, Aug and Sep so will look forward to really working with my band.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media