Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery over

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

And I feel AWFUL!!!!

Shoulders are so sore especially the left one! Light headed and dizzy.

I’ve had 2 cups of tea and 2 spoons of apple purée so far! Please someone tell me I’m doing it right? Don’t really fancy anything to eat because of the pain!!! Am I on the right track??

ebaa

Bless you 1st 2weeks are tough but it WILL GET better !!! Make sure you get plenty of rest and drink plenty food wise I found a couple of teaspoons breakfast lunch and dinner was enough. Good luck I’m sure you’ll be fine I’m now almost 5 months on lost 6& half stones and can honestly say its the best thing ever me and my family are reaping the benefits x

sharlotte

Hey, did u have the band? Thanks for your reply! It’s nice to have someone to chat to!x

Paul-H
    Participant

Well done Sharlotte

You will soon get used to it and any pain does not last long.

I had my surgery just over 7 months ago and am almost at goal weight all ready, with a loss of 7 ish stone, even getting people telling me I look too thin now, which I think I actually enjoy hearing having spent the first 53 years of my life overweight to some degree.

Any worries just ask on here, they are a wonderfully helpful bunch. Between us we have had just about every procedure and problem there is, so someone will be able to help with advice.

Good luck with your future weight loss and enjoy the new you.

Paul

sharlotte

Paul your an inspiration! I really hope the pain doesn’t last long, not sure I can handle much more! I’m looking to the future! A little question, is it normal not to want to eat anything??? I’m not feeling hungry at all! Therefore don’t fancy eating anything!!! Didn’t dare try mashed potato last night like the diet sheet said!!!!!

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I cannot comment for the gastric band but with the bypass no longer ever feeling hunger is one of the know good side effects. I know I haver never felt any hunger since mine, but the down side of that is that I do have to make sure I do eat and eat enough. In the early days I had 6 alarms set on my phone just to remind me to eat.

And there is one thing I can tell you it’s make sure you drink enough, 2 litres a day is the absolute minimum, or you be plagued by constipation, or even worse empaction, that is something I would not wish on anyone, after one manual evacuation and I will never forget my drinks again ��

Any questions just ask.

Paul

hides

Hi sharlotte

Sounds very normal to me 🙂 the discomfort is wind from the op, and yes it can be painful at times. However i was very much back to normal and pottering around the house on day 3/4 , and driving by day 7 . You need to listen to your own body and you will be fine . Keep up the fluids as this will help you. Going for No 2’s can take a week or more so dont be suprised . For the first week, i found i ate little every 3/4 hours and it will change as time goes on.

My loss has not been very fast as some on this forum but i’m happy with where i am. I’m at 5 stone and hope to get to 6 by the new year. My sweet tooth hasn’t gone and i fight sometimes with the willpower thing 🙁 …… Not the easy way out, like some people think, but a good tool to work .

Take things slow and keep posting our progress. 🙂

Heidi x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@hides 25749 wrote:

Hi sharlotte

Sounds very normal to me 🙂 the discomfort is wind from the op, and yes it can be painful at times. However i was very much back to normal and pottering around the house on day 3/4 , and driving by day 7 . You need to listen to your own body and you will be fine . Keep up the fluids as this will help you. Going for No 2’s can take a week or more so dont be suprised . For the first week, i found i ate little every 3/4 hours and it will change as time goes on.

My loss has not been very fast as some on this forum but i’m happy with where i am. I’m at 5 stone and hope to get to 6 by the new year. My sweet tooth hasn’t gone and i fight sometimes with the willpower thing 🙁 …… Not the easy way out, like some people think, but a good tool to work .

Take things slow and keep posting our progress. 🙂

Heidi x

If weight loss surgery were the easy way out, this forum wouldn’t exist!

Like the other fabulously supportive people here have said, be kind to yourself. Imagine if you were your own best friend – what would you be telling yourself? Rest, keep trying and trust the surgery.

Walking really helps with the wind so even if it’s only a short walk, give it a go. Hydration is absolutely THE most important thing. The human body can go ages without food but only hours without fluids. I took my little walks outside because it really helped with the wind so I thought it better to be outdoors if you know what I mean (parp!) I blamed my two dogs for anything indoors haha! The pain will ease I promise you.

Weight loss is not a race so never be tempted to compare yourself with anyone else. We are ALL different, whether you’ve had a band, bypass or sleeve. You are doing brilliantly.

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media