Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery June and no weight lose

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eilish

I have not posted before as I hoped that my problem would be sorted out by now.

I had a gastric bypass in June of 2011 and all went well but after the second week I could basically eat anything and any amount I wished. I left it for a few weeks to see if it would work itself out but every week I could eat more and more so decided to contact steamline surgical and came in to see Mr Sumner who told me that the ‘hole’ had not been made small enough so I would have to apply for funding for some more surgery. It has been seven months and I have phoned every now and then but nothing. This is very frustrating and it doesn’t help that my neighbour had it done four months ago and is looking amazing. Obviously it would be easier if I had gone private but I am one of those that do not have the money for the operation :noidea:

ruby tuesday

How disappointing for you, and how frustrating having to wait to have this rectified, all I can say is that I hope the funding does come through to make the hole smaller, and your journey start properly, and in the meantime, I hope you can try to keep positive and eat healthily, off a teaplate, and try to excercise, to help yourself. I wish you well.

ANN410

I feel for you , seems crazy that you have to get the green light for funding , when through no fault of your own it needs to be put right , hope you get it sorted ASAP x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Eilish.

May I ask who did your original surgery?

So sorry to hear you are not having as positive an experience as you’d hoped for. If it were me, I would be doing what Ruby has suggested to show them that you are still dedicated.

Doodah x

charabanc

Hello Eilish,
    I am very sorry to hear your storey. I cannot believe they can do this, surely the surgeons know what size to make the “hole”.
    I wonder what they would have said if you had been a private patient? I understand that your operation was funded by NHS, but the surgeons must have been paid just the same as if it had of been a privately paid operation? so surely they are obliged to put it right without the need for extra money. But then again, I am new to this area, so perhaps someone can explain why I might be wrong?
    Where did you have your surgery and who performed the surgery? I only ask, as I live in Guildford too.
    Good luck and keep posting the updates.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Eilish. I think you should contact your PCT again and explain to them that there is great urgency regarding your funding. Also, contact your hospital team again to see if there is anything they can do to speed up the process. I feel so sorry for you and the predicament in which you find yourself.

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi Eilish

Someone has to ask this and it might as well be me, but why was you trying to eat “nything and any amount I wished” almost as soon as you had your bypass, could it be you streched the hole and the pouch by eating too much too soon? sorry just don’t understand why you where not restricting what you where eating in the first place. Thats why they tell you to only dish yourself up very small amounts, after only two weeks you should probably still be on little more than a ramakin of liquidised food, so you don’t force yourself to eat more just because you can.

Sorry for the way this sounds, I just don’t understand why you would go through a bypass and then not put any restrictions on what you eat as soon as its done or within two weeks of it being done.

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media