Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery date is set for RNY 30th May!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Bypass Operation ยป Surgery date is set for RNY 30th May!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys!. whilst i have been planning this op for a very long time, now that i have a date i feel v nervous and a bit scared. I have been in touch with a few “bypassers”, they have been from 6 weeks post op to 3 years. Talking to them has been a great help as it has made me realize that everyone’s journey is totally different. One of the ladies said she was not afraid at all and was just excited, another said it was a mix of terror/excitement. But what they ALL said was how “low” they after the op. That they never realised, until post op, how much food was a massive part of their lives and felt as though they were in “mourning” so to speak. I am grateful for their honesty, and am glad that i am able to watch out for that and know i am not alone. I myself, am mixing between terrified and convinced i am going to die and that i am putting my family through hell. To then thinking about this time next year when this will beover, and i will be reaping what i sow.

I start the dreaded milk diet on Thursday, so i have been stuffing in food like you wouldnt believe! :-), anyone have any tips for getting through the milk diet?. I am also getting concerned about being able to get all my fluids and protein in post op. I am just starting to get my head that after Thursday my eating habits will change for life. Felt very strange yesterday having my last roast dinner. Sorry for the rambling but as the date draws nearer i feel a bit sad that i have allowed myself to get to this state, and that i am putting my family through all this worry.

Oh and by the way it Dr Somers operating on me at Spire Portsmouth. Does anyone know if ill be the only person he will be operating on that day (i am self funded) or will there be a list?.

Lots of love (a very anxious),
    Hannah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Sparklepumpkin 28429 wrote:

Hi guys!. whilst i have been planning this op for a very long time, now that i have a date i feel v nervous and a bit scared. I have been in touch with a few “bypassers”, they have been from 6 weeks post op to 3 years. Talking to them has been a great help as it has made me realize that everyone’s journey is totally different. One of the ladies said she was not afraid at all and was just excited, another said it was a mix of terror/excitement. But what they ALL said was how “low” they after the op. That they never realised, until post op, how much food was a massive part of their lives and felt as though they were in “mourning” so to speak. I am grateful for their honesty, and am glad that i am able to watch out for that and know i am not alone. I myself, am mixing between terrified and convinced i am going to die and that i am putting my family through hell. To then thinking about this time next year when this will beover, and i will be reaping what i sow.

I start the dreaded milk diet on Thursday, so i have been stuffing in food like you wouldnt believe! :-), anyone have any tips for getting through the milk diet?. I am also getting concerned about being able to get all my fluids and protein in post op. I am just starting to get my head that after Thursday my eating habits will change for life. Felt very strange yesterday having my last roast dinner. Sorry for the rambling but as the date draws nearer i feel a bit sad that i have allowed myself to get to this state, and that i am putting my family through all this worry.

Oh and by the way it Dr Somers operating on me at Spire Portsmouth. Does anyone know if ill be the only person he will be operating on that day (i am self funded) or will there be a list?.

Lots of love (a very anxious),
    Hannah x

Hi Sparkle

It IS a bereavement. We think we are losing our best friend but you know what? We are in fact getting shot of our worst enemy – over eating.

You will be amazed at how quickly you will come to realise that. Of course we will all have blips (read my latest post if you are in any doubt!) but we will be able to cope. We learn how to use our fab new tool (wls) to find another way of not being a slave to food. You will be eating to live, not living to eat I promise you.

Then, when the weight starts falling off and people start telling you how amazing you look, you won’t hardly give food a second thought because you will be too busy enjoying your new health and happiness. And freedom.

I had Shaw Somers too. You could not be in safer hands.

My one tip for the milk diet is to save the stock cube for ‘dinner’ time in the evening. It’s savoury so will feel more like ‘real’ food! Also, in the early stages, try not to worry too much about getting your protein in but concentrate of the fluids. Then make tiny progressions each day. One step at a time…..

Not long to go now. Woo Hoo!! It’s so exciting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Thanks so much doo dah, I feel like a rambling mad woman these days! ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah
    Keymaster

Haha, get used to it my lovely – we all end up like that anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media