Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery 4th July!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Surgery 4th July!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    penny

then me please, save room on the bench for me.

penny

scarey , poor darling, wish you well soon xx

penny

have a great holiday Doodah,
    how do you cope with food on holiday, especially when you can smell it coming from the lovely resturants.

Lelly

@penny 34166 wrote:

then me please, save room on the bench for me.

When is your op Penny?

Lelly x

penny

I am still waiting for the tier 4 MDT then I hope they will give me a date. How are you doing ?

Lelly

@penny 34170 wrote:

I am still waiting for the tier 4 MDT then I hope they will give me a date. How are you doing ?

Feel lots better now Penny, food now isn’t at the forefront of my life, weird! xx

penny

Glad your doing well, isn’t strange how something so important can become so unimportant,
    its like flicking a switch. Amazing, problem solved.
    Lots of love
    Penny
    xx

Lelly

@kellyb 34139 wrote:

Hi lelly
    I’m so pleased your ok and home now !
    I’m also home ?
    I was soo scared !! But everything was clear on my tests !
    How was the process in hospital for you with anaesthetic , waking up from it ? How are you doing with sloppy diet ?
    Do you feel any nauseous ?

Kelly xx

It’s now been 12 days since my surgery !
    I’m not sure weather to start driving yet ?
    I really fancy using jacuzzi and steam room ? But I don’t know if will be safe ?? Xx

Kelly, have you weighed yourself, I was told not to by the pre-op nurse as she said that we gain weight at first but I have weighed myself and although lost it’s not moving very quickly
    Lelly xx

kellyb

Hi lelly
    How’s it going ?
    I have been swimming yesterday ! I done 10 lengths ? and I tried Aqua fit today but had to stop after 10 mins as my stomach hurt ?
    I weigh myself every morning ! It’s coming off slow ? I’m 24 stone 9 now I was almost 28 when I first started .

Kelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34173 wrote:

Feel lots better now Penny, food now isn’t at the forefront of my life, weird! xx

Isn’t it weird for food NOT to be on your mind every waking moment!? It takes some getting used to lol!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 34178 wrote:

Hi lelly
    How’s it going ?
    I have been swimming yesterday ! I done 10 lengths �� and I tried Aqua fit today but had to stop after 10 mins as my stomach hurt ��
    I weigh myself every morning ! It’s coming off slow �� I’m 24 stone 9 now I was almost 28 when I first started .

Kelly

Fantastic Kelly!

Can I make a suggestion? Try not to weigh yourself every day. The focus is on improved health and general well being. It’s very easy to place too much importance on what the scales say, especially when they will fluctuate like mad. In the long run, when your weight loss starts to slow down, you could become disheartened when your weight loss comes down to pounds, not stones. Also your value, the person you are, isn’t about what the scales say.

Please don’t think I’m putting a downer on things, I’m really not. I have been where you are now and know how utterly thrilling it is to lose weight so quickly. But the realist in me knows it won’t last forever so numbers on a scale mean less and less as time goes by. Be fantastically proud of your weight loss, but don’t let it become the most important thing in your life. Daily weighing isn’t necessary and can become frustrating once your weight loss starts slowing down. ‘Normal’ weight people hardly ever weigh themselves! Hard to believe I know. My parents are normal weight and I doubt the scales in their bathroom ever get used – except to way luggage when they go abroad!

Keep up the good work. You have made a great decision to help yourself to have a happier and healthier life. It’s all there for the taking 🙂

Doodah x

Lelly

@Doodah 34187 wrote:

Fantastic Kelly!

Can I make a suggestion? Try not to weigh yourself every day. The focus is on improved health and general well being. It’s very easy to place too much importance on what the scales say, especially when they will fluctuate like mad. In the long run, when your weight loss starts to slow down, you could become disheartened when your weight loss comes down to pounds, not stones. Also your value, the person you are, isn’t about what the scales say.

Please don’t think I’m putting a downer on things, I’m really not. I have been where you are now and know how utterly thrilling it is to lose weight so quickly. But the realist in me knows it won’t last forever so numbers on a scale mean less and less as time goes by. Be fantastically proud of your weight loss, but don’t let it become the most important thing in your life. Daily weighing isn’t necessary and can become frustrating once your weight loss starts slowing down. ‘Normal’ weight people hardly ever weigh themselves! Hard to believe I know. My parents are normal weight and I doubt the scales in their bathroom ever get used – except to way luggage when they go abroad!

Keep up the good work. You have made a great decision to help yourself to have a happier and healthier life. It’s all there for the taking 🙂

Doodah x

I am now 2 weeks post op and I haven’t lost a lot of weight, just 11 pounds since my op, I did think that I would lose more. Saying that I have lost inches as I can now get my seat belt on :O) Would really like to see the numbers go down though

Lelly xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34190 wrote:

I am now 2 weeks post op and I haven’t lost a lot of weight, just 11 pounds since my op, I did think that I would lose more. Saying that I have lost inches as I can now get my seat belt on :O) Would really like to see the numbers go down though

Lelly xx

Please don’t get fixated on the numbers. It is a good idea to measure your body all over at the beginning as sometimes we lose inches instead of lbs. But that doesn’t define you as a person does it? How do you feel after losing 11lbs? Can you breathe more deeply, do your joints ache less, do you sleep more deeply? Not all victories can be measured on weighing scales!

Also, never, ever, compare yourself to anyone else – in that way lies madness! We are all different. Some take three years to lose all their weight, some take a year – it is the end result that is important. That, and maintaining it. Think about what you have said….11bls in two weeks! That’s a phenomenal weight loss. If you were going to a ‘slimming club’ you would already have won awards by now! You are doing everything right so please give yourself a great big pat on the back.

Doodah x

Vickster

I am in the “fortunate” position of not having any scales at home that are heavy duty enough for me, and can only use the health point at work, so when I go off for my op, I won’t have any way of weighing myself, so need to accept that I won’t be able to weigh myself daily, and I am so relieved, because I know that I can be a slave to the scales. Otherwise I think I would have to get Hubster to hide the scales from me!!!

Lelly

@Doodah 34195 wrote:

Please don’t get fixated on the numbers. It is a good idea to measure your body all over at the beginning as sometimes we lose inches instead of lbs. But that doesn’t define you as a person does it? How do you feel after losing 11lbs? Can you breathe more deeply, do your joints ache less, do you sleep more deeply? Not all victories can be measured on weighing scales!

Also, never, ever, compare yourself to anyone else – in that way lies madness! We are all different. Some take three years to lose all their weight, some take a year – it is the end result that is important. That, and maintaining it. Think about what you have said….11bls in two weeks! That’s a phenomenal weight loss. If you were going to a ‘slimming club’ you would already have won awards by now! You are doing everything right so please give yourself a great big pat on the back.

Doodah x

You are right Doodah but my head just won’t let me think about anything else xx

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media