Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery 4th July!!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป Surgery 4th July!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 34055 wrote:

Thank you doodah and Chris

I ve chucked up my wheetabix , as I tried to eat it but I could never stomach the stuff ! And because I chucked it up I had a little panic !
    Then I gave myself my first injection ! And just had a shower and washed my hair , I feel slightly better for it , can you give me other ideas for breakfast as I really don’t like wheetabix , porridge or custard

Thanks kelly x

Hi Kelly.

Don’t panic. You may find it hard to eat as slowly as you need to at first. In the early days, it’s very much about tiny, tiny amounts, well spaced out. I used a mustard spoon for the first few weeks! Also, make sure it is really runny. Also, don’t worry about what is ‘breakfast, lunch and dinner’ food. Simply eat what you can, when you can. I have porridge for my lunch every day even now.

Fat free yoghurt is good but be careful of what you add to it as some fruits contain lots of natural sugars. Protein is your best friend at this stage as you need it for healing. If, at any time, you feel worried call your team. They will be able to advise you on what is best for you. I’m neither a clinician or a dietitian so I’m not qualified at all to give you advice. All I can say is what works for me. However, we are all so different that it might not be the right thing for you to do.

One thing I do know is – make sure you stay hydrated – especially in this hot weather. Dehydration can make you feel quite nauseous. Its very early days yet so make sure you look after yourself. It WILL get better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Lelly

@kellyb 34037 wrote:

SSP isn’t enough to cover bills etc , as I’m single , just depend on myself, I know I can do SSP but instead of loosing money , I’ll have to use my holiday , im entitled to 10 days paid sick but I’ve had 3 days alreDy this year leaving me 7 , I tried to ask if I can have the first 7 as sick as the hospital did say they give yellow sick note & then use my holiday , but ,y boss said don’t worry we ll sort it out after !!
    I’m worrying as I worry.
    As for them saying I can’t have anytime off in August ! I’ve checked and Bypass is classed as elective surgery ! So apparently they can say that , but my doctor said under medical act obesity and depression is an illness so they can’t !
    I’ll have to see how I get on ?

How far away is Kent time wise ? Are there support groups there ?

Are you going to come to the holiday inn groups in gunwarf ?

Kelly x

It takes about three hours to travel to Chichester, there is a support group in Paddock Wood but it is awkward with family issues atm. I cannot believe how rubbish your bosses are being, really so unsupportive :O(

Lelly

@kellyb 34051 wrote:

Hi it’s all done , I’m a bit overwhelmed ! I woke up from the anaesthetic say OMG OMG what have I done ๐Ÿ™ , I was sick , wee d myself :(, hot & in a lot of pain ๐Ÿ™ !
    Today no longer in as much pain just tender and feeling anxious , not feeling hungry at all !
    Might be going home today , having a sloppy meal today first !
    But surgery went well I’ve been getting from relatives ie you got yourself in this position ! You couldnt loose , you decided on this operation ! I wouldn’t have had it ! Blah blah ? ๐Ÿ™

Oh pet, so glad that you are now feeling better. You have done the right thing and when you have lost your excess weight and are dressed up to the nines you can flaunt yourself in front of them and say with confidence “I made the right decision”. I just feel so sorry that you don’t seem to have any support at home or at work. We will keep your pecker up my lovely xx

Lelly

@Doodah 34054 wrote:

When you are lighter, healthier and happier, you can look your doubters straight in the eye and say ‘I did this FOR myself’!! I’m so glad everything went ok. How are you feeling this morning? Each day gets easier I can promise you that!

Shove up everyone – another loser coming to sit on the bench ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Oooh me next!!!!

Lelly

@kellyb 34055 wrote:

Thank you doodah and Chris

I ve chucked up my wheetabix , as I tried to eat it but I could never stomach the stuff ! And because I chucked it up I had a little panic !
    Then I gave myself my first injection ! And just had a shower and washed my hair , I feel slightly better for it , can you give me other ideas for breakfast as I really don’t like wheetabix , porridge or custard

Thanks kelly x

I am going to buy Fage Total 0% greek yoghurt and I have already bought Boyajian citrus oils in Lemon, Lime and orange, very highly concentrated so only need a drop or two, cost about ยฃ9 for the three but will last forever in the fridge

kellyb

Hi lelly how’s the milk coming alone ?
    Where do you buy the oils ? And is it just yogurt you put them in ?

I’m home ! Had fish pie for lunch and dinner !!

Even though I’m not hungry at all !!

I’ve just given myself my inject ion to stop blood clots !
    My sister is going back to the hospital to collect my vitamins as they mucked it up ! And gave me tablets !!
    My family have been ok , I’m just in shock still , feeling tired and achey ๐Ÿ™

Kelly x

Lelly

@kellyb 34062 wrote:

My sister is going back to the hospital to collect my vitamins as they mucked it up ! And gave me tablets !!

Kelly x

You can get them from Kings Fine Food – Buy Caviar, Wild Salmon, Foie Gras, Truffles & Fine Oils Online :: Kings Fine Food – Purveyors of Fine Foods or Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more I used to use them in cakes, makes the best flavoured lemon cake but worth the price just for use in yoghurt. So glad that you are feeling better, onwards and upwards now Kelly. The milk diet was doing great lost 1 1/2 stone already in 9 days but gained 2lbs today duh! I haven’t cheated at all, bizarre!
    Take care poppet and keep drinking x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 34062 wrote:

Kelly x

You have had major, life changing surgery – regardless of what it for for. Be KIND to yourself. Be gentle with your body and let it guide you. Food isn’t a big worry in the early days but hydration is. You will work out a way for you to go forward with your eating so don’t panic.

Any doubts at all – ask your team. It will all Work out in the end, but in the meantime, stick to the guidelines, listen to your body, rest and keep sipping water ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Congratulation xx you be great . But rest up and allow your body to heal . Drink sip lits especially in this hot weather . You can get a high protein yogurts now from super markets . The natural one is low sugar just flavour it with sugar free syrups x
    home made soups x or my favourite milk lol . I bet you never thought you drink it again . But in emergency it’s our best friend .

kellyb

Thank everyone for support , I’m feeling really low at the moment ! I can’t stop crying , I’m going to try and come to the July group ! I’ll get a relative to bring me if ok ?

Lelly

@kellyb 34075 wrote:

Thank everyone for support , I’m feeling really low at the moment ! I can’t stop crying , I’m going to try and come to the July group ! I’ll get a relative to bring me if ok ?

Oh pet, it is just the shock of the operation and the big changes that you are coming to terms with, rest and treat yourself to something nice, be it fragrance or just a CD to just make you feel better. Sit out in the garden, get a tan and read or listen to music, have a little stroll and I am sure you will start to feel better. These are things that I am going to do but obviously have not been where you are at the moment and maybe I will eat my words next week. Take care we are all here for you xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 34075 wrote:

Of COURSE it is ok! You will me made very, very welcome.

It’s quite normal to feel low after major surgery. Especially one that doesn’t allow you to turn to your ‘old friend’ food. It takes a while to get to grips with the fact that unhealthy food isn’t your friend but your worst enemy and is the reason you have had surgery. A bit like having a leech as a best friend then wondering why you feel so tired all the time when it is bleeding you dry!

It will get better, I promise you. Just be patient with yourself and your body. Allow yourself to be upset and to cry. Crying is a great stress buster and it is free! Seriously though, your reactions are all entirely normal. Come along next week if you can but don’t push your body further than it can go, ok?

Big hugs to you my lovely.

Doodah x

kellyb

Just had to have an ambulance to hospital ! As I was poohing a lot of blood ! Still not seen a doctor yet and they can’t find a vein for bloods !!!
    Panicking !!!!
    I’m lucky my sister is here with me

Lelly

Oh pet so sorry to hear but you are in the right place and you will be sorted very soon I am sure, wishing you a speedy recovery, please keep us up to date

Lelly xx

treeza

Oh shame. I hope they sort you out soon Hun x take care xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media