Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Surgery 4th July!!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป Surgery 4th July!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    kellyb

Hi I’m new too this forum .

I’m having Gastric Bypass sat 4th July , I’m excited , but starting to get very nervous !

I’m on day 10 of the milk diet, which has been going well except for being constipated!!

How long does everyone tend to have off work after there operation? I’ve been told 2 weeks , but has anyone found they need longer ?

I’m worrying about when I’m on the operation table how they transfer me to the ward etc

Does anyone know of group meetings in Portsmouth ?

I’m currently living with my older sister , as I’m also in the process of buying my first house! And it looks like maybe exchanging contracts soon as well ! Hopefully I can delay while I’m recovering , but I feel alkward in here kitchen and worrying again about preparing some pots up for myself ! She’s blended some chilli up for me , but panicking , can I buy tinned soups to blend for a while so I’m not a bother ?? Like pea and ham , chicken ??

Thanks Kelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 33967 wrote:

Hi I’m new too this forum .

I’m having Gastric Bypass sat 4th July , I’m excited , but starting to get very nervous !

I’m on day 10 of the milk diet, which has been going well except for being constipated!!

How long does everyone tend to have off work after there operation? I’ve been told 2 weeks , but has anyone found they need longer ?

I’m worrying about when I’m on the operation table how they transfer me to the ward etc

Does anyone know of group meetings in Portsmouth ?

I’m currently living with my older sister , as I’m also in the process of buying my first house! And it looks like maybe exchanging contracts soon as well ! Hopefully I can delay while I’m recovering , but I feel alkward in here kitchen and worrying again about preparing some pots up for myself ! She’s blended some chilli up for me , but panicking , can I buy tinned soups to blend for a while so I’m not a bother ?? Like pea and ham , chicken ??

Thanks Kelly

Hi Kelly and welcome to the friendliest forum.

I have answered your questions on another post you made. Here is what I said:

“They will probably ask you to walk to the theatre as it get the blood flowing, heart pumping and lungs working. As for pain, it will be very well controlled in the early stages so don’t worry about that. Your blood tests show how important it is to stay hydrated all the time. I have ‘baby’ veins so always drink at least a pint of water before having a blood test (and even then they have to resort to getting it out of my hands or feet.)

I run a support group in Gunwharf Quays, every third Thursday in the Holiday Inn Express – The Nelson Room on the ground floor by the lift. Please be assured of a very big welcome both from me and the other members should you wish to come along. It’s fully accessible now that the lift is working again!

http://www.google.co.uk

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress

Think the first link might be playing hide and seek today so have put two links ๐Ÿ™‚

The next ones are on these dates:

Thursday 16 July
    Thursday 20 August
    Thursday 17 September
    Thursday 22 October
    Thursday 19 November
    Thursday 17 December

All start at 19:30 until 21:30

Hope this is helpful!

Doodah x”

I would suggest you don’t eat tinned soup in the early stages – they are FULL of hidden sugars, fat and salt. I started with mashed potato with grated low fat cheese or zizzed up healthy home cooked food with plenty of liquid added to soften it

These books by Carol ball are fantastic with suggestions and instructions for every stage of wls:

http://www.bariatriccookery.com/return-to-slender-cookbook-is-here/

Her Bariatric Portion Plate is a must for later on. I use mine every day!

Hope this is helpful. No doubt the other wise and wonderful people on this forum will be able to give you far more info. I’m almost 7 years post wls and things have changed quite a bit!

Such an exciting (if a bit stressful) time ahead for you. Please try to postpone your move – you need to focus on YOU for a while.

I say it to everyone and mean it every time – Just for once in your life put yourself first – and be kind to yourself.

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by clare.williams.
    Kimberly
    Participant

Hi welcome . It’s so exciting not long now �� . Afterward it might be worth making a bit of soup and freezing it . Tiny portions in old yogurt pots x . I found Carole ball book really helpful . You might gag at this but after surgery I dramk a lot of milk lol x and still do . I never thought I say that on the milk diet . Mash potatoe is good and laughing cow cheese triangles I could suck yummy . Humous but I’m not sure you be able to have that . You might find chillie a bit hot on your new tummy atm . Boil in the bag fish with mask watered down with milk and purred . Yogurts good . Skylr natural yogurts good protein low sugars . Flavour if necessary with sugar free syrups . X

Lelly

Hello pet, I have made some mince with a few baked beans, really sloppy and pureed that it pots and I am going to get some low fat sausages with mash and home made gravy and puree that and also some boil in bag fish in sauce and mash.
    On MuscleFood | Premium Lean Meats & Sports Nutrition they sell zero fat cheese and I am going to try that with some mashed potato and I am going to buy Fage Total 0% greek yoghurt and to taste I have bought Boyajian citrus oils they are highly concentrated so only a couple of drops needed, hope this helps. Have you lost much on your milk diet?

Lelly x

kellyb

Hi Doodah
    I’ve tried both those links and there not working , what time do the group start ? Is there an enterence fee ?

I just found out I’m signing contracts this Friday , but will hopefully complete couple of weeks time .

Kelly x

kellyb

Great ideas lelly thank you x

How’s the milk going for you ?

I’ve not weighed myself yet , I don’t feel any different ? x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 33999 wrote:

Hi Doodah
    I’ve tried both those links and there not working , what time do the group start ? Is there an enterence fee ?

I just found out I’m signing contracts this Friday , but will hopefully complete couple of weeks time .

Kelly x

How odd!

It would appear that their website is down. There has been a change of management so maybe they are overhauling it?

Here is the link to their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HIEPortsmouth?fref=ts

We start at 19:30 until 21:30. We meet in the Nelson Room which is right next to the lifts as you go in. Nice and private.

Hope this all works for you ok!

Here is another link, just to be on the safe side lol! I will check it after posting and edit it if it doesn’t work.

Doodah x

Holiday Inn Portsmouth Gunwharf Qua, UK – Booking.com

Lauren
    Keymaster

Yay! Both work!

I chose Gunwharf Quays so that a little light ‘retail therapy’ could be had each month, along with nice places to eat. It’s brilliant in the Summer, but my goodness, we have fought the wind and rain in the Winter lol!

Doodah x

Lelly

@kellyb 34000 wrote:

Great ideas lelly thank you x

How’s the milk going for you ?

I’ve not weighed myself yet , I don’t feel any different �� x

I am really enjoying it, feel well and not hungry at all x

kellyb

Have you been constipated?
    I was really badly on day 4 of the milk diet ! I’ve never been before so it was an experience !!
    I only have 13 more pints of milk to go until my op ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’ve also not really felt hungry , only a couple of times so I’ve drank more water .

Are you nervous ? I’m ok so far I think I’ll be on the day x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Drinking more water on the milk diet seems to be virtually impossible doesn’t it? But it can be done.

I personally never felt hungry at all and I think it might have been the first time I concentrated on my fluid intake. When I was 26+st, I tried not to drink too much as it would mean being on the loo 24/7. I now realise that was about the worst thing I could have done! We are all so wise in hindsight aren’t we?

I have kept up my fluid intake from that moment on though. It helps with everything – ‘waterworks’, hair, skin, brain activity….Something so simple.

Love your ’13 pints to go’! Brilliant.

Doodah x

Lelly

@kellyb 34015 wrote:

Have you been constipated?
    I was really badly on day 4 of the milk diet ! I’ve never been before so it was an experience !!
    I only have 13 more pints of milk to go until my op ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’ve also not really felt hungry , only a couple of times so I’ve drank more water .

Are you nervous ? I’m ok so far I think I’ll be on the day x

Yes I have been constipated and I am on Co-Codamol as well which makes it worse but I am drink drink drink all the time. Yes I am getting a little nervous, thinking of all the “what if’s” and basically frightened of pegging it but all that said I am still excited, a weird combination of feelings, not long for you now pet, did I ask where you are having your op, getting old and memory going? xx

kellyb

I’m at QA , I’m not sure who’s doing the surgery yet , 8 pints of milk left , my sister has made some more pots up for me now , bolonaise, mild chilli, shepherds pie (mince & veg in gravy blended ๐Ÿ™‚

How long are you planning on having off work lelly ?

kellyb

8 Pints now : ) to go

No added sugar squash has also helped with the fluid intake .

I still don’t feel like I’ve lost anything being on the milk diet ! I dreamt that I had the surgery I didn’t loose any weight ๐Ÿ™

Kelly x

Lelly

@kellyb 34027 wrote:

I’m at QA , I’m not sure who’s doing the surgery yet , 8 pints of milk left , my sister has made some more pots up for me now , bolonaise, mild chilli, shepherds pie (mince & veg in gravy blended ๐Ÿ™‚

How long are you planning on having off work lelly ?

My friend had 2-3 weeks off and said she came back too soon as she was exhausted still, so I am looking at 4-6 weeks, I need to make sure that I am ok, you? xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media