Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Summer/holiday – tips for staying healthy

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi guys

Here is my annual nag – oops, I mean advice, on how to stay healthy in the heat after wls.

Some of this is so obvious that you might think I am being ridiculous. However, for newbies, it might not be so.

Hydration – it is absolutely vital that you keep hydrated during hot weather. If you can, water is the best option but other forms of liquids are also ok. Don’t forget that some foods are very high in water content (cucumber, melon etc) so will be a great alternative when not being able to drink with food. Try to make the food you choose contribute to your liquid intake.

Secondly – alcohol. We all know how wonderful it is to sit in the sun with a nice glass of wine or Pimms! Please be aware that after wls, some people will find that even a few sips of alcohol will make them feel drunk. You might find yourself in the awful paradox of not being illegal to drive but will physically and mentally be incapable. The other worry is that alcohol can affect judgement in other areas. Your personal safety could be compromised if you are tipsy and not in a position to be completely aware of your surroundings or who is with you.

I know this sounds like scaremongering but it really is better to be safe than sorry. So, if you are at a social function and want to have a few drinks, please make sure that you are surrounded by people you know and trust. I got drunk at my Sister’s wedding in March. I don’t remember how I got back to the hotel! Fortunately, I was with family and friends, and the wedding took place on a Naval base so I knew I was safe. I very rarely drink so got ‘squiffy’ quickly.

Anyway, I just want you all to be aware of what you might expect. After wls, we need to take extra care of ourselves to make sure that we don’t run into any problems that could have been avoided. I hope you all have a great, fun-filled and safe Summer.

Doodah x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media