Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Struggling band person

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    vickihayling

My band fill was a bit tight this time and I had a few episodes of being sick – I soon learnt that I had to water my food down a bit – anything stodgy was hard work.However, it has losened a bit now and it certainly got the weight coming off again as I had really slowed down. It’s not nice but I guess I almost needed a period of being strict again as bad habits were creeping in. it’s tempting to eat the bad stuff when not much will go down but I try to control my eating and reap the benefits of weight loss. Good luck X

Nettie

Thanks for that Vicki it’s always good to hear from others that have been through the same, I can bare it if it means the weight will come off and like you say it will losen a little in the next couple of weeks

Nettie xx

Nettie

Heidi,

Don’t panic my love, it’s just me adjusting to a new fill level, I was fine before but this one is taking a while to settle down but it will settle and if it doesn’t I’ll just have a bit of fluid removed, it has ot’s benefits I’ve lost much more this week than I have been.

Nettie xx

hides

Thanks guys, it’s the unknown…. And feeling alittle wobbly as the time gets closer.
    Heidi.

Rosie Posie

Hi All
    I had my check up yesterday and all is fine. X-rays etc all went well. Lost another 7lbs over last 5 weeks not a big loss but happy to be going down again. Sickness has settled down thank god. Did not get any more fills happy with where I am at. Plan now to work hard with the band. First change my plate to a side one, which h will make it look more full than over filling normal one. Also been told to aim for 800 calories a day and use them wisely i.e veg, meat first, potato last. Also told to give up bread which I can still eat no problem. Have been over filled in the past, to the point where damage to asophgus happened which resulted in all fluid removed, all weight regained and 4 months with no restriction. So here’s to a new start, just going to put the past 4 years behind me and try to remain positive. Thank you all for your support and its been a great help to log on and read all your comments. Thanks for listening.
    Love Rosie xx

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

hides

Hi rosie
    So pleased to see things are looking up for you. And so nice to read that dispite your past problems, you are still sounding positive .
    When you said 800 cals per day, it this the normal amount to follow after having the op ? My band is only 5 days away, and total number of cals was 1 of my questions.
    Keep smiling rosie, it’s a new start, and i wish you well.
    Heidi

ruby tuesday

Good to hear how it went for you Rosie, was wondering, and that all sounds very positive, with lots of ideas and suggestions that should help. Great news the X-rays have not showed up any problems, and so glad you are not being sick as that is just horrible. Well done on the weight loss, a great achievement, and it pushes you nearer your goal weight. xx

Nettie

Such good news Rosie, keep up the good work.

Nettie xx

Rosie Posie

Hi Heidi
    Yes I have been told this is the max amount we should be eating with the band. It can be done if we choose our food and portion sizes carefully. Thanks for you support.
    Rosie xx

Rosie Posie

Hi Ruby
    Thanks for the support. How are you doing today? Hope things are going well for you.
    Rosie xx

Rosie Posie

Hi Nettie
    Thanks for your support, will try to keep positive. Had a good day today so here’s to a new beginning. How are you doing?
    Rosie xx

Nettie

Hi Rosie,

It’s not too bad, the temporary restriction from the fill has worn off now so it’s will power and diet for the next 2 weeks but I’m still losing weight so thats the main thing.

Nettie xx

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media