Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Struggling band person

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi Rosie
    I can sympathise with you I had a gastric sleeve done around 2.5 years ago I started to loose weight I was at my peak 26.5 stone but then I felt no restriction so then end of June last year aftee only managing to loose 2 stone I had a band fitted around the sleeve.
    In march of this year I had a de fill for a long haul flight but then since then after trying to refill the band there is a leak some where, I had a barium swallow but that could not locate where the leak was coming from.
    So now just starting the milk diet for the 3rd time yuck to have it investigated to see if it’s the port or if the whole band needs replacing, the nurse who does the fills always seemed to have problems filling it but the surgeon had no problem, it could be a case of it may have been damaged where they have tried and missed so many times.
    So fingers crossed for the 3rd Oct when I do it all again. I hope you soon get sorted to.

Cazza

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Rosie. So sorry things haven’t been easy for you. Be as kind to yourself as you obviously are to everyone else. Don’t beat yourself up about weight loss/gain, just keep on trying. It’s all any of can do really isn’t it? I would most definitely recommend joining a support group. I’ve just had one of the most stressful weeks of my life and I honestly don’t know how I would have managed without all my friends on here. Texts of encouragment day and night…a Godsend.

Please keep in touch so we can see your progress and celebrate it with you.

Doodah xx

ruby tuesday

Hope eggs help Rosie, will be thinking of you. xx

Rosie Posie

Hi Cazza
    Sorry to hear all the problems you too have had. It is a hard struggle and we get down feeling like a failure time after time. I hope everything goes well on the 3rd and you get a fresh start. Keep us posted.
    Rosie x

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Rosie Posie

Hi Doodah
    Thanks for your support. I have now put the link on my mobile as well as my I pad. Hope this will help me when at work and feel weak. Hope my posting every day it will support me through my ups and downs. Weighted in this morning and I was 17st 2 lbs, lost 4lbs so that is a comfort even after cheating last week. Start of a new week so I will keep going. Total weigh loss now 25lbs so that something even though it has been nearly 4 years since start of my journey.
    Rosie x
    P.S Thank you to all who are helping me. I feel this is a new beginning, even though your are all miles away, and I am in Scotland. XX

ruby tuesday

Here for you anytime Rosie, and you will be able to increase your weight loss, it is going the right way – down!! xx

Rosie Posie

Well not wrote for a few days. Things bad can’t seem to get anything down even the chocolate it making me sick. Seeing the surgeon 13th October so will persevere until then. Asophgus is killing me. So tired and drained. Any suggestions please. Rosie x

Nettie

Oh Rosie,
    Things seem so bad for you, I don’t know how to support you as haven’t experienced any sickness since my band was fitted was don’t know what to suggest but equally want to try and help if I can. Are there some foods that cause less sickness than others? I’m not sure it’s a bad thing that the chocolate doesn’t stay down to be honest but it would be good if you could keep something down, and I sympathise with the burning throat, there is nothing worse than acid damage to your throat. You need to take extra care of your teeth too (I work in the dental field) acid will be causing untold amounts of damage to your teeth as well.
    I hope you get some better news when you see your surgeon, keep us all posted.
    Nettie xx

ruby tuesday

Poor old thing, I feel for you, it is just horrible feeling exhausted and yet not being able to get anything nutritious in, and I just wish I could say something that will help you to feel better, but all I can suggest is that you ring the surgeon again on Monday to ask for help, as waiting until the 13th for his suggestions is a long time. I’m so sorry you are poorly, and really hope things get better soon. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

How are you doing Rosie?

Doodah x

Rosie Posie

Hi Doodah
    Thanks for asking. Not to bad managed to eat a small chicken dinner on Sunday, had the same meal on Monday was fine all day until I tried some toast and cheese after work, was sick. I guess I was eating when I was not really hungry. Yesterday had another good day some amounts and mince and potatoes. Today never ate much, had lasagna which made be sick several times, so pasta not very good. Will just need to get what I can eat and small portions right and boast my water intake which is still poor and should be fine. Have appointment with surgeon on the 13th so hope weight is going down. Will keep you all posted and thanks for the support. Still reading your threads every day, even if not writing. This is keeping me focused.
    Love Rosie x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Anyone who thinks weight loss surgery is easy wants to try it!!!

It takes time to get your head around not eating because you can but because you should. It WILL come though. Water is so important – just keep sipping little sips throughout the day.

We are always here for you 😉

Doodah x

Nettie

Exactly Doodah,

I had a band fill last week and have had more sickness in the last week than I’ve had in the whole first 2 months, I’m sat as we speak trying desperately to eat tuna and sweetcorn mixed with low cal mayo but it’s…………… sorry for that, I am no longer eating anything as my band has just rejected the first 2 mouthfulls. WLS is NOT the easy way out and I’d love to spend a day with anyone that thinks it is so they can witness a day in the life of a WLS patient.

Nettie xx

hides

Oh nettie, you’re making me scared…….Lol…… Is it really that bad. I’m on day 2 of liver shrinking, and i cant lie my stomach woke me up at 5 ish this morning, rumbling like crazy……. It settled down after a cuppa, but i’m hungry…… Hope it gets better.
    And i truely hope things settle down for you.

Heidi

ruby tuesday

Rosie, that sounds more positive, with some good food staying down, and as you say, it is trial and error for us all working out why sometimes things don’t agree. I found the same food if re-heated the following day was often not ok, and Doodah wisely pointed out this was because I was using the microwave, which dries food out, so I needed to always add more liquid.

Heidi, it is not necessarily all that bad trying to get the food in, but obviously it is not as easy as dealing with our normal pre-op stomach situation, there are differences in what we can and can’t tolerate, and we can only get small quantities of food in, which over time can increase. Don’t be scared, if you are sure you want surgery, then you will make it work for you, and most people who are some time down the line can eat food they like, and are happy with their weight loss, which is why it can be very reasurring to meet people at a support group and see how well they are. Initially, it is like learning to eat again, and does require more effort and thought than pre-op, and it is important to know that will be the case. xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media