Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Struggling a bit.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    derlooker
    Participant

I all.

I am sorry to say I am struggling. I had my op on 30 November and almost immediately stated feeling a lot better. Food seemed a breeze and weight was falling off at a rapid rate. My mood was a lot better too.

For the last week or do I have been feeling tired a bit irritable and want more food. I have eaten sweet foods again, in small quantities but all the same although I am not enjoying them much I have eaten them. It is almost like Ian deliberately sabotaging myself. This is an old habit. I don’t seem to dump but do feel a such and lethargic.

I haven’t made it to a meeting since my op and think it might be an idea to make the effort. I live quite a distance from the nearest one so it will take a bit of planning if I do get to one.

I would love a bit of advice from anyone who might be able to help.

AnnaLisa

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

So sorry to hear you are struggling a bit hon.

I would urge you to contact your team for advice and to try to attend a support group asap. I promise you, you are not alone in the way you think and feel. Wls is a fabulous tool to weight loss but it doesn’t heal our minds. It can take ages for our brains to catch up with our bodies!

Don’t be too hard on yourself re the sabotaging and falling off the wagon – you are 100% not alone on that.

We are all here for you.

Doodah x

derlooker
    Participant

Hi Doodah,

Thanks for getting back to me what seems like ages ago. I have been hibernating from here. It is one of my old bad habits and I need to let go of it. Not good I know and to be honest I have still been struggling some of the time with my food choices. When I examine what I am doing I am looking after myself 85% of the time and the rest is needing a bit of improvement. I am a terribly back and white person and this has tripped me up before.

I find that the few times I am home alone I want to eat. I am not hungry and I cant over eat but I do not make healthy choices and I am eating inbetween meals. I saw my surgon for a check up last week and told him about it and I have an appointment booked with the nutritionist.

What I dont get is the self sabotage. It baffles me. On the plus side, 4 months ago pre op I had trouble walking 100 yards, I had not worked properly in 2 years and spent most days in doors. I now weigh over 7 stone less, I do zumba 3 times a week have a new part time job and am doing well on a college course. My confidence is growing and I have gone from bursting out of size 32 to size 22.

Not bad really, I just seem to focus on the negative. What is that all about?

Any way, thanks Sue for your words of wisdom, I really apriciate it.

Lisa

78rpm

Have to agree with doodah it takes time for our minds to catch up with our bodies, The thought of buying clothes in a shop instead of the internet took a while for me and then it clicked when I had to buy a coat for last winter that I could try on the coats in any shop. Bit by bit your mind will change. Have you found a support group as before my op I would never have thought about joining one but when I did I found a great group of people at all stages who could help me and had been through what I had.

rgds

Jay

Doodah
    Keymaster

@78rpm 22862 wrote:

Have to agree with doodah it takes time for our minds to catch up with our bodies, The thought of buying clothes in a shop instead of the internet took a while for me and then it clicked when I had to buy a coat for last winter that I could try on the coats in any shop. Bit by bit your mind will change. Have you found a support group as before my op I would never have thought about joining one but when I did I found a great group of people at all stages who could help me and had been through what I had.

rgds

Jay

Really good point about a support group. I didn’t go to one for 3 years! I have made lifelong friends from them. I go to the one in Harrow at The Clmentine Churchill Hospital, run by Streamliner. Last week we had almost 40 people in the room at times! We swapped ideas, worries, hints and tips: and clothes!! There is an hilarious pic of me and Streamliner in my pre op nightshirt – together!! It’s a long way for me to travel but it’s more than worth it.

Doodah x

derlooker
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for your replies Jay & Doodah,

I have started well today. I have planned my meals and snacks for the day so I don’t have to faff around when it gets to a meal time. I think that might help. Also I am registering my meals and exercise plus weightless on an app so I can see where I am and how far I have come already.

I watched a few of the video diaries on the streamline site yesterday and it has helped to re focus me. I was in deep depression for over two years Pre op and felt I was tipping back into that but to be honest I think I was panicking and over reacting as today it seems to have lifted.

Maybe I need to keep contact with others who have had the same troubles as me to help keep me focused more.

I am going to do my best to get to the Southampton group and the Harrow group when they are next on. It will be a bit of a drive but will be worth it I am sure.

Hope you are all having a good day

Lisa x

hazelann70

I’m still struggling. I was meant to see the surgeon in Jan but that was cancelled till Feb. That was then cancelled till May and so I wrote to my surgeon telling him all my troubles and how I’ve got a head problem rather than not knowing what I should and shouldn’t eat. I get a letter back (not from him) saying my appointment has been cancelled and re-booked for July!!! WTF I can do TOO much damage in that time. So, I called the hospital today and hey presto, they have booked me in for Wednesday. NHS – say no more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media