Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Streamline Surgical South Coast Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s the 17 october, a Thursday Treeza.

Doodah x

charabanc

Hi Doodah,
    Can you give me the dates and times for the next couple of meetings as I am hoping to be able to attend.
    Kind regards.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Yay, that’s fantastic.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UT…d=0CLIBEPwSMAM

The next one is on Thursday 17 October and in November is is on the 21st. December’s is on the 19th, all at 7.30 to 9.30pm. Please click on the above link to see where it is and where to park etc.

If you need to contact me please email: sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com or call me on 07585 977 487

Looking forward to seeing you there 🙂

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone

Only two days to go to the new South Coast Support Group!

As you know, it is in the Holiday Inn in The Plaza, Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth.

As you go in, take the lift to the first floor and the seating/coffee area is to your left. It’s where people can buy breakfast in the mornings but it isn’t used in the evenings except for refreshments, so, we should be very private.

If the group grows quickly (and I hope it will!) I will consider hiring the room on the ground floor and negotiate refreshments to be included. There may be an initial (small) charge for this. It’s all very much play it by ear.

What I can assure you of, however, is a warm and friendly welcome and all the support and encouragement you need. I will be arranging guest speakers in the very near future too.

Gunwharf Quays is a super outlet venue on the Solent so if you want to make a day of it, bring your purse/wallet!!

So looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it 😉 19:30 – 21:30

Doodah x

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UT…d=0CLIBEPwSMAM

treeza

I’m gutted can’t make tomorrow night & nov’s as if it’s the 21st Nov I will be dancing & singing at Bruno Mars concert at the O2! My son bought me the tickets as soon as he knew I was having my surgery!!! I hope all goes well Doodah. I’m going to try very hard to make the Dec one. What date will it be? Xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Not to worry treeza. I am actually so poorly I have had to cancel it. Now having two lots of antibiotics at the same time as I also have infected tonsils! If I were a horse, they would take me up to the top field and shoot me!!

Have also had to cancel my surgery on saturday. Bah. Humbug – and it’s not even Christmas. Feeling thoroughly annoyed.

HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!! You lucky lady 🙂

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Tonight’s support group has been cancelled due to a) only two people attending (me being one of them!) and b) I’m fighting a particularly nasty chest (and tonsil) infection.

Sorry again folks.

This is all getting highly annoying. My body doesn’t like me very much at the moment!

Doodah x

treeza

Oh Doodah you poor thing x I’m wishing you a very speedy recovery x big get well hugs xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 29667 wrote:

Oh Doodah you poor thing x I’m wishing you a very speedy recovery x big get well hugs xxxx

Aw, thank you SO much Treeza. I honestly don’t know what the heck is going on at the moment. I just keep being poorly. I have never had such a bad run of luck health wise as I have for the past two years! It is frustrating, annoying, inconvenient and depressing. However, if I had not had wls, i would be ded! So, in the GRANDE scheme of things – I’m still ahead of the game 🙂

Always a girl to see the glass half full.

Doodah x

treeza

Hey I strive to live my life half full but sometimes it slips to half empty but soon swaps back. I’m guessing all blood tests etc have been ok & it’s not because your deficient in something? You have also just had the stress & trauma of your Dad being poorly & that certainly lowers our resistance to bugs. Like you are always tell us be kind to yourself!!! Listen to your body &if it says rest then rest don’t think “I’ll just ….” Take good care x Like I say to all my friend & family Big T hugs x

Lauren
    Keymaster

I love ‘T hugs’!! That’s brilliant.

I am finally listening to my own body treeza – hence the cancelling of the support group. I had fully intended going but I saw my GP again last night and she just peered over her glasses at me with a silent ‘YOU should know better’ look!!

My bloods are all ok as I have them done every 6 months for another condition. My bypass has made me healthier but not immune to all the nasty bugs that fly around at this time of the year. Then of course, being asthmatic doesn’t help!

Taking my T hug right now xxx

Doodah x

treeza

Bless you x

Lauren
    Keymaster

The South Coast Support Group will be going ahead this month. Thursday 21 November at the Holiday Inn Express, The Plaza, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth. Starting at 19:30 and finishing at 21:30. Do hope that some of you can make it!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Love to come . .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 29879 wrote:

Love to come . .

Please do and bring any supporters you want too. They will be made equally as welcome. I personally think it is very important that our supporters get support. Things change dramatically for those alongside us.

Really look forward to seeing you there 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media