Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Streamline South Coast Support Group – new venue.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Boo, it’s the second Thursday of every month at 7.30pm, so that is next week. It’s in the cafeteria at the Clementine Churchill, through the main doors and round to the left.

I’ll be there next week so let me know if you are going and I’ll look out for you xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34869 wrote:

Hi Boo, it’s the second Thursday of every month at 7.30pm, so that is next week. It’s in the cafeteria at the Clementine Churchill, through the main doors and round to the left.

I’ll be there next week so let me know if you are going and I’ll look out for you xx

Thanks for that, Chris. I was there on Wednesday – The Sudbury Clinic – it felt great to be back where it all started! Harrow is a superb group with lots of lovely, kind, supportive people.

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, it is fabulous to have knowledgeable professionals (as they all are at Streamline) but there is no substitute for support from your peers. We are the experts in living before, during and after wls xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34871 wrote:

Couldn’t agree more, it is fabulous to have knowledgeable professionals (as they all are at Streamline) but there is no substitute for support from your peers. We are the experts in living before, during and after wls xx

Many patients have become such ‘experts’ that they help at their GP practice, both with educating medical students and talking to people who are considering wls. It works a treat. In some cases, clinicians want to hear all about it too, just so they have a better understand ing of how to care for bariatric patients.

Perhaps some of you could consider doing it? I do.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone.

The second South Coast Support Group meeting of 2016 is on Thursday 18 February at 19:00, in the Macmillan Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham, PO6 3LY.

We will be having a very special guest who has to leave at 19:30 on the dot!

Getting to QA Hospital

The group is open to anyone thinking about, just had or is continuing to work with bariatric surgery. Supporters are also welcome.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

This month’s South Coast Support Group in on Thursday 21 April at 19:00. Same venue: Queen Alexandra Hospital, The Macmillan Centre, level B, Cosham, Portsmouth. The guest speaker is a dietitian.

All are welcome, as are supporters.

Streamline%20South%20Coast%20Support%20Meetings%202016_zpsufqqo1z1.jpg

Hope to see you there!

Doodah x

http://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/Find-us/getting-to-qa-hospital.htm

Lauren
    Keymaster

This month’s support group is on Thursday 19 May – same time, same place. Our guest speaker this month is Psychologist, Gina Ingall.

All are welcome.

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media