Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Streamline Letter

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Streamline Letter

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kitten
    Participant

I received a letter from streamline yesterday, and basically my eating needs looking at so this is how I’m trying:-

Lunchtime:- Dietchef Soup and bread roll (portion was too big, so Opium my cat finished it off!!)

Dinnertime Dietchef Hotpot (again portion was too big so Valium my cat finished it off!!)

10/05/13

Breakfast Dietchef Lasagne (I managed that all by myself – greedy cow)

Half a cup of tea with sugar – its getting better (I used to drink tea with sugar all day with hardly any food)

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kitten 28385 wrote:

I received a letter from streamline yesterday, and basically my eating needs looking at so this is how I’m trying:-

Lunchtime:- Dietchef Soup and bread roll (portion was too big, so Opium my cat finished it off!!)

Dinnertime Dietchef Hotpot (again portion was too big so Valium my cat finished it off!!)

10/05/13

Breakfast Dietchef Lasagne (I managed that all by myself – greedy cow)

Half a cup of tea with sugar – its getting better (I used to drink tea with sugar all day with hardly any food)

I have to confess to you all that I drink tea with sugar in all day long. I mean ALL DAY – at least 14 hours. It has never made any difference to my weight though. I come from an Irish family so it’s just the normal thing to do! Not going to stop any time soon either (naughty naughty)

Doodah x

pgoldsmith

No being funny, but lasagne for breakfast?

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

@pgoldsmith 28391 wrote:

No being funny, but lasagne for breakfast?

Paul

I know it might sound odd to some people to eat what is usually considered to be a ‘main meal’ food for breakfast, but when you think about it, it’s not really any different than having a full English is it? I have to say though, that neither are particularly nutritious. Ready made meals often contain preservatives and additives that are not really that beneficial to our health. I personally concentrate more on the nutritional values of food than I do calories. In fact, in the whole of the past (almost) five years I have not counted them at all. I chose low fat and sugar/carb food instead – regardless of what it is. My one ‘vice’ is the amount of tea I drink.

So, although we might all do different things our aim is identical – to live longer and healthier lives. Whether or not that includes lasagne for breakfast! I think I would vomit but I’m not Kitten.

May I say though Kitten, that I believe you might be better preparing your own fresh foods as often as you can? I’m not making any sort of judgement here (heaven forbid that any of us should) but fresh food is SO much better for us. If you invest in a few gadgets, it doesn’t have to be tiresome or long-winded. The money you would save on ready-meals would pay for the gadgets in a few months.

I have a blender, slow-cooker and freezer so that I can make up my own nutritionally sound meals in advance and freeze them. When I’m short of time (at least twice a week!) I have a ready made meal in 5 mins.

Anyhow, I will shut up now. BORING myself haha! everyone has to find their own way….

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media