Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Strange

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am now a year plus post bypass and have lost 10 stones + now but people are beginning to now notice that I have lost weight. I don’t mean people that I see regularly but ones that I don’t for instance the lady in the paper shop this morning said ” I haven’t seen you in a while you have lost some weight” yeh only 10 stone + not much lol. Others have mentioned my figure and how I now have a waist appearing, it is really strange, I think my body has just decided to catch up with all this weight that I have lost. Clothes that fitted last week went to put them on at the weekend and they are hanging off me, it just really strange but rather nice. I am off to Devon tomorrow to see my son and grandchildren, haven’t seen them since last October when my son returned from Afghan, I have lost another 3 stones since then, I wonder if they will notice.

Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I do hope so elaine. You have worked ruddy hard so it is only fitting (scuse that dreadful pun) that you get recognition for it. have a fab time with your family.

Doodah x

Nettie

Hi Ganny,
    My body seems to take a while to catch up too, sometimes the inches disappear even though the pounds stay the same, you have done so well you must be so happy xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine

You’ve done really well but I bet you weren’t asked what I was by one of my neighbours, he noticed that I’d lost weight and asked me if I had been ill !!!! some people !!!!!

Keep up the good work

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Lesley – time to move!! Flippin cheek of it!

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

You read my mind, thinking of it….. but what can you expect from a Phil Mitchell lookalike !!!!!!

78rpm

I agree with the posts about the inches going and the weight not necessarily going I find that I wont notice anything and then suddenly I notice that a bit of me has gone in 🙂

Jay

Doodah
    Keymaster

I have maintained my weight for over 2 years now but even though I can be exactly the same weight for 28 days, my clothes tell me that inches-wise, I fluctuate like mad! I’m sure this is down to the menopause because my temperature can fluctuate from freezing cold to boiling hot in a faster time than The Stig in a Ferrari!!!

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media