Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Stomach stapled/ Gastric bypass

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Other Bariatric Surgeries and Plastic Surgery » Stomach stapled/ Gastric bypass

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pennyhaz

Is there a difference?
    Just watched a programme where a woman had her stomach stapled, but was still massively overweight?
    Bit confused now

Pinkdancer

I thought that was the old fashioned stomach stapling which just decreased the size of your stomach and the bypass had now taken over from that but I have not idea.

If anyone else does then please let us know.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi

I watched that programm, Fat Surgeons, the poor lady in question had to have that op as, due to her large hernia the bypass would have been extremely problematic for Chris Pring to perform and I imagine, once she’s had the hernia repaired, which Mr P is also doing her weight loss will be much more noticable.

We all lose weight differently some fast, some not so unfortunately this lady had other issues which were slowing her down but, like the rest of us she’ll get there.

Hope this has unconfused you penny, how are you doing on your appeal for funding?

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

pennyhaz

Different programme, was obese a year to save my life.
    Havent had courage to go back to GP, equally no strength to try and loose on my own, thanks for your continued interest.

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Penny

I know your probably fed up with hearing this but, give it some serious thought about appealing the decision, we’ve all been where you are now and know the feeling of helplessness that goes hand in hand with weight gain, hang in there penny we’re all with you no matter what you decide.

Take care
    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media