Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Starting milk diet on Monday 23 July – is anyone else about to start ???

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet » Starting milk diet on Monday 23 July – is anyone else about to start ???

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

Hi Rubybling

I will be in Harrow from Monday 6th August so will see you there! I’m still drinking the milk but don’t feel any smaller – really hope it has done enough by Monday.

Floydee

whybea10

Milk diet week 2 all going well. Not as bad as I thourght it would be. Only 6 day to go!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

How many of you raised your eyebrows and thought ‘WHAT??’ when you were told about the milk diet? Or pre-op diet as we now call it. I remember thinking that I would never be able to survive on just 4 pints of milk a day, a stock cube and a sugar free jelly AND cook for my family at the same time!! But you know what? I did it for 2 weeks and it was SO much easier than I thought it would be!

Having slight (my family would question slight haha) OCD, I found that it suited me perfectly due to it’s simplicity. I flavoured it with coffee or sugar free syrup and saved my stock for ‘dinner’ as it was nice and savoury, followed by the jelly for pudding. No counting, measuring or fretting over what I was or wasn’t allowed to have. It worked too: I lost a a stone in those two weeks and my liver was nicely shrunk to make Mr Somers’ job easier!

So, when you are on the milk diet, your journey is already under way. It’s the first small step (for mankind… oops sorry, got carried away there!) towards a healthier, happier life. Now, that can’t be too bad can it?

rubybling

Hi Floyd,

My surgery has been bought forward to Monday 6th now instead of Tuesday, so I will definitely see you there. Are you with Mr Somers as well? At least it is one less day of the milk diet (lol!).
    I got the call yesterday afternoon and have been running around like a headless chicken because it has become “real” now; before it was all in my head, if you know what I mean. Since yesterday, I have been excited, but also a bit teary. Don’t know what is wrong with me; I hope this is normal.
    Good luck to everyone else on milk diet, it is not easy, but as Doodah says, it is our responsibility to make our surgeons job easier.

Lauren
    Keymaster

WOW Ruby, you are now having it on the 6th!! That is amazing but like you say, a tiny bit scary.

The fact that you are tearful is totally normal. You wouldn’t be if you were not a bit scared! It’s a life changing decision and even though it’s a wholly positive one, it’s still a leap into the unknown. We are all here to help and support you as much as you need ok? I’m even more excited for you than ever now, even though it means I may not get to see you on the Thursday!

Doodah x

Floyd

Hi there

Yes I have Mr Somers on Monday too! He is having a busy week I think! Am nervous and a bit in denial at the moment! I am going to pack my hospital bag tomorrow though to get me organised, and also going to get a shopping delivery arranged for next week. Looking forward to meeting you when we are both up to it!

Is there any advice out there on things to have ready in the cupboard or freezer for immediately post surgery? What yogurts are suitable etc…

Floydee x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Bariatrics megastore

Check out this link for weight loss surgery friendly EVERYTHING!

Also Corol Ball’s books – bariatric cookbooks which are invaluable sources of info for recipe ideas post wls.

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

Hope that helps!

Doodah x

jansus28

Hi Rubyling,
    I am having my op on the 7th aug at the clemintine Churchill hospital!!! We may see each other! How are you getting on with the Pre op diet? Janice

jansus28

Doodah pop in and see me too!!!

rubybling

Janice,

I just posted a message for you on another thread. Pre-op diet is getting boring now, but I know the reasons for it, so it is not getting me down and only 3 more days of it, so it is all good. I think the fun will start when we do our “food experimentation and chemistry”. I will pop in and see you and Floydee if we are all up to it, but beware because by the sounds of it, we will all be very windy!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 24973 wrote:

Doodah pop in and see me too!!!

Of course I will! Inbox me your name etc 😉

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Honestly, the wind will be ‘significant’ for the foreseeable future!! Even when you start on regular food, you be be windy to start with. I have two dogs to blame haha! It’s not worth trying to be polite in all honesty. However, charcoal tablets really help (along with walking) if your workplace is the type where just saying ‘Oops, excuse me’ isn’t acceptable :-O

Doodah x

jansus28

Hi all,
    Yes getting excited now and worrying!!! Just trying to rest and relax so my body is not tired for the op!!! Will pack my bags tomorrow!!!! I brought the book return to slender its great help!!! Well keep in touch we have to keep each other strong and think about a positive future ahead!!! Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I will see you both on Thursday if you are still there 😉

The future most certainly will be bright – but not orange hopefully haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media