Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Starting milk diet on Monday 23 July – is anyone else about to start ???

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet » Starting milk diet on Monday 23 July – is anyone else about to start ???

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Floyd

Hi there

I am nervous and exctited about bypass in August but first have to start milk diet on Monday. Is anyone else out there starting the milk diet or does anyone have advice on how to handle it?

Just looking for help from people who understand because no matter how helpful family and friends are they don’t quite get it!

Thanks

Floydee

cowsmoo

Hello Floydee

I’m on day 9 of the milk and it’s not been as bad as I thought it would be. Amazingly I’ve not been hungry, I’ve had the odd moment of “head” hunger but I stayed strong. Day 4/5 was a bit ropey with the effects of the milk taking hold but nothing I couldn’t cope with!!!

I’m keeping the main goal in my sights and this is my first step towards it. I’m sure you will be great and OP day is only 2 weeks away for you x

whybea10

Started mind on the 23rd as well. Op date 07/08 can’t wait! Having the op at St. Richards by Chris Pring.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@cowsmoo 24816 wrote:

Hello Floydee

I’m on day 9 of the milk and it’s not been as bad as I thought it would be. Amazingly I’ve not been hungry, I’ve had the odd moment of “head” hunger but I stayed strong. Day 4/5 was a bit ropey with the effects of the milk taking hold but nothing I couldn’t cope with!!!

I’m keeping the main goal in my sights and this is my first step towards it. I’m sure you will be great and OP day is only 2 weeks away for you x

Great post Cowsmoo xx

suthur1
    whybea10 wrote:
    Started mind on the 23rd as well. Op date 07/08 can’t wait! Having the op at St. Richards by Chris Pring.

You will do fine Bro, if it gets rough remember it’s the Start of the thinner you.

God help this forum with both of us done & dusted :))

Lauren
    Keymaster

Uh Oh….. 😉

Doodah x

Floyd

One week to go – eeeeek!

Lauren
    Keymaster

It will either fly past or be the longest week of your life!! It flew past for me….

Doodah x

Floyd

I hope it flies by! My Carol Bowen Ball recipe books arrived today so can spend a few days looking at them, packing my hospital bag, drinking milk – oh and looking after my two children on their school holidays!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Carols books are like wls ‘bibles’ arent they?! Thank goodness we have her to help keep us healthy with all her lovely recipes.

rubybling

I am on the milk diet as well and due to have surgery on Tuesday 7th Aug with Mr Somers in Harrow. This is my first post as I have just registered as I realised that I will need lots of help and support from you guys who seem to be an exceptionally friendly bunch. Just to let you know that I am also a technophobe, so please forgive any errors.
    I have eased into the milk diet okay as I know there is a real goal in sight, the surgery.
    However I am now at the extremely frightened stage, and have stopped reading other websites. Just sticking to this one.
    Thanking you all in advance.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Rubybling and welcome to the friendliest forum you could wish to find.

We don’t do scaremongering here but we do tell the truth to each other so, if someone is struggling, we are able to help. No matter what you might want to know or ask, I can guarantee someone else has either asked/thought/pondered it lol!

As for being a technophobe, if you need to know how to do something on here, just ask and one of us will sort you out.

Wow, 7 August! Really isn’t long now is it? I shall be up at the Clementine Churchill on the 9th so if you are still there, I’ll pop in to say hello if you’d like? No worries if you don’t want visitors – I wouldn’t be offended ;-)) Keep going with the milk diet as it will make Mr Somers job so much easier with your liver being a bit smaller.

Keep us up to date on how it’s going and we will all shuffle up on the losers bench to make sure there is room for you.

Doodah xx

rubybling

Thank you Doodah,
    I would love for you to pop in and say hello. Just worried now that Mr Somers won’t do the op for whatever reason or if he does, it won’t work for me. What a pessimist I am!!! I just can’t wait for it to be over and for me to be on “the other side” waiting for my life to begin. I am looking forward to pressing the “play” button after it has been on “pause” for so long.
    Good luck to everyone else due to have your surgeries next week. I forgot to say that I am having the bypass op.

hypnothink

Hi Rubybling
    Welcome, I’m fairly new here and had revisional surgery at Harrow with Shaw Summers on 17th July, so just sat down on the losers bench, but still plenty room for you. Look forward to watching your journey.x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@rubybling 24935 wrote:

Thank you Doodah,
    I would love for you to pop in and say hello. Just worried now that Mr Somers won’t do the op for whatever reason or if he does, it won’t work for me. What a pessimist I am!!! I just can’t wait for it to be over and for me to be on “the other side” waiting for my life to begin. I am looking forward to pressing the “play” button after it has been on “pause” for so long.
    Good luck to everyone else due to have your surgeries next week. I forgot to say that I am having the bypass op.

Then I shall pop in to say ‘Hi’ xxx

Inbox me your ‘real’ name if you like so I don’t get it wrong haha! I’m Sue Smith by the way and I am Streamline Surgical’s Communications Assistant. xx

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media