Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

start the milk diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    debbie83

i start the milk diet tomorrow morning.really not looking forward to it.its gonna be so hard but really looking forward to the 15th when i have the band done.im on the count down 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

@debbie83 23938 wrote:

i start the milk diet tomorrow morning.really not looking forward to it.its gonna be so hard but really looking forward to the 15th when i have the band done.im on the count down 🙂

Good luck with the milk diet Debbie. It’s actually a lot easier than you might think because in your mind’s deepest recesses you know it’ll be the last ‘diet’ you will ever have to do.

We are all rooting for you ;-))

Doodah x

Tinadm

hi, i am on the pre-op shrinkage liver diet, i am having a bypass on the 13th june, at chichester. i am quite nervous about the op and the pain thats comming, but excited for the future. i seem to be losing about a pound a day, but when i read other threads pre op people seem to lose alot more, i think its because were all different. and a loss is better than a gain . good luck to debbie 83 for the 15th.
    would also like to say i have read the forum for help and advice on before and after, and will continue to read daily, so a big ty to all that support each other.

debbie83

thank you.how are you finding the milk diet?its harder than i thought i work in a shop so food everywhere.spend most my day on the loo after all the fluid got to drink lol.good luck to you when you have your op.debbie x

janie123

Hi to yo both, I too am on the liver shrinkage diet and am having my bypass done on the 14th June so will probably see you there

shelleymarie

I found the first few days of the diet tough but after that it was much easier. It just takes a few days for your body to adjust. Weight loss can be a nice side effect but don’t worry if you don’t lose much, it’s more about your liver shrinking so your op is nice and easy. Keep at it and good luck 🙂 x

Nettie

Hi to all you pre op liver shrinkers, it gets easier from about day 5 or that was my experience, stick with it and it will soon be over, good luck for your ops, I had my band at the end of July last year and I have lost 6 stone 10 pounds so far, it is so so worth it.

Nettie xx

neehaa

Hi All

I’m due to start the milk diet tomorrow & am starting to get a bit nervous about my bypass surgery on 27th at Chichester!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi to all you lovely Newbies!!!

Shelleymarie is absolutely right: the diet is for liver shrinkage to make surgery easier and safer for both you and the team but the weight loss is indeed a wonderfully welcome bonus!

I’m very excited to hear from you all after surgery. Im so lucky that, in my job, I get to see people first hand as they blossom and grow (or is it shrink?!!) after wls. I don’t think I would quit even if I won the Lotto as money simply cannot buy how amazing it feels to see people get their healthy, happy lives back. I honestly mean that.

So, keep focused, keep your eyes on the prize (health and longer life) and remember that it’s just the beginning.

Doodah x

Sammy39

Keep us posted! I’m fairly new to this too – I’m a ‘bandster’ 🙂 I had my band fitted on the 6th May, and am going for my first fill tomorrow… I honestly can’t thank our fellow forum members for all the care and support as I tentatively negotiated the early days!

We’ll be waiting to hear from you all, and look forward to accompanying you on your journeys.

Sammy

Sammy39

Doodah – you’re such a star!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Aw thanks Sammy. I’m such a lucky girl 🙂

Doodah x

Nettie

@Sammy39 24050 wrote:

Keep us posted! I’m fairly new to this too – I’m a ‘bandster’ 🙂 I had my band fitted on the 6th May, and am going for my first fill tomorrow… I honestly can’t thank our fellow forum members for all the care and support as I tentatively negotiated the early days!

We’ll be waiting to hear from you all, and look forward to accompanying you on your journeys.

Sammy

God luck for your fill Sammy, let us all know how it goes.

Nettie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck Sammy x

Doodah x

Tinadm

hi everyone, my bypass is tomorrow, shrinkage diet is now complete and have stopped all food. feeling a bit tearful(now and again.) packed my bag , repacked again. feeling anxious i think or is it excitment lol cant wait to be back home. good luck to all having their op soon xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media