Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

start of my journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi guys well tomorrow is the day that I start my milk diet in preparation for my bypass, hope the next 2 weeks go quickly, wish me luck x x

Hi Katie

Good luck….your one day behind me….today was my first day on the milk diet….

It was harder than I thought -mentally not physically….My mind kept thinking of food. But I wasnt really hungry – as its quite a lot of milk and fluids and jelly! lol

I may try to keep myself busy tomorrow, so I dont repeat todays mind bending cycle! 😉

Thanks for replying think I am quite lucky at the mo as I have a cold so really have no appetite anyway. I have done the milk diet before a few years ago and found it easy, think this time I am more worried as I have a 14 month old son to run around after and hoping I don’t get hungry burning off all that energy. What date is your surgery? X

Doodah
    Keymaster

Good luck Katie and Blue xx

My surgery is on the 17th April…..ooohhhh day 2 of milk diet -a lot easier….(so far lol)

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Katie and Blue

Good luck to you both, I actually enjoyed the milk diet, found it liberating in fact not to have to plan meals for two weeks. Just keep reminding yourself that this has a purpose and, at the end of it you get your life back.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Oh blue ill probably miss you as I am at st Richards on 19th April but because you’re having a band I imagine you will be home on the 18th. The diet itself seems ok just bloody hard running around after a little one so can’t just have a nap if I feel the need to x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@katiemarshall1984 22682 wrote:

Oh blue ill probably miss you as I am at st Richards on 19th April but because you’re having a band I imagine you will be home on the 18th. The diet itself seems ok just bloody hard running around after a little one so can’t just have a nap if I feel the need to x

You will soon have so much energy, they will want a nap as a break from YOU lol!!

Doodah x

Day 3 of milk diet over. Finding it really easy, except I have been sick twice today and yesterday, am on antibiotics for a throat infection which give possible side effects as vomiting. Is sickness a side effect of this diet also? Have been following it to the letter x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Sickness should derfinitely NOT be a side effect of this diet. It’s quite possibly the antibiotics or, you could be lactose intollerant. Reckon the best thing is to phone your team at the hospital today to see what they say. Hope you get some answers.

Doodah x

Thanks for your advice but it was definitely the antibiotics, within 24 hrs of finishing them all sickness stopped, now getting on great guns, have lost 8lb so far too so I am a happy bunny now x

Jim

Glad to hear all went ok chat soon

Good luck for tomorrow blue, hope you have a speedy recovery x x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Glad you got to the bottom of it Katie and are now feeling better

Doodah x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media