Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

St Richards – checkups

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    muffin1001

Hi, I had my bypass at St Richards at the end of August 2012. Does anyone know please how many check-ups/appointments there usually are afterwards? I’ve had 2 check-ups so far, with another one booked for early February. Just wondered as it takes quite a while for me to get to Chichester from where I live. (I’m NHS funded).

Many thanks
    Muffin x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

I have my next appointment at St Richards in March, this will be at just over one year post surgery and I think will be my fourth or fifth Appointment. If all goes well at that appointment it may well be my last, especially as driving to Chichester from North Kent for a 15 minute appointment can be a bit of a pain.

Paul

muffin1001

thanks Paul. I enjoy seeing everyone, but it costs me a fortune to get there! Cheers Muffin 🙂

katy

I think it depends on how you are doing, I think 5 appointments is about right but I am going monthly at the mo due to very rapid weight loss (10stone in 8 months). I started with a BMI of 40 so I have lost more than expected hence the monthly trips. I seem to have stabilised now I think so shouldn’t have to go as often now but it’s not too bad for me journey wise. I’m only 40 miles away but it must be tricky for those of you who have to travel a long distance x

Paul-H
    Participant

Yep it’s an over 200 mile round trip for me, so hoping for a discharge or to be discharged 🙂 on my next visit as I am still quite stable as well now, even managed to not put an ounce on over Christmas and that was a nice first, not putting anything on offer the summer holiday will be the next big test.

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

Phone the team at Chichester and ask them if they can give you some idea. They won’t mind! Obviously everyone is different but they may be able to give you a guide.

Doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I am now nearly 2 years post bypass and I had my op at St Richards and I wa discharged from them at about 10 months post op as I was doing well and I had such a long way to go to get there (I live in Margate, Kent), not only was it costing a fortune but was taking me all day to get there and back and having a disabled partner I had to arrange for carer’s to come in and attend him as at the time I was not driving. I think if I remember rightly I had one post op appointment at six weeks and then three seperate ones with the dietician and on the last one she said as I was doing everything that I should be doing there was no point in dragging me me all the way there for a 10 min appointment. My advice is when you go down again speak to them and if they are ok with how you are getting on they will discharge you.
    Elaine xx

hmb74

I had my op on April 2012. My last appointment will be on 23 April 2013. Not sure but think that will be the 5th or 6th visit. It is a 120 mile round trip for me.

muffin1001

thanks everyone… I will check when I have my next appointment. Keep warm!! Muffin x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks Muffin. Hope you get some answers.

I’m wearing a hat indoors, so I’m quite warm at the moment lol!

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media