Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Squeakyfruitbat’s Weight Loss Journey

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Bypass Patient Stories and Photos » Squeakyfruitbat’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Fantastic post Squeaky. Honest and true. It will help so many people.

You should feel very, very proud of yourself. You are working hard to change YOU and I know from bitter experience that is the hardest thing in the world to do. I had three years of therapy to help me to seek out and find the old me – the one who didn’t need food as a crutch, didn’t give up after the first hurdle and could give a flying fig what other people thought of me. I guess I have found my voice again. Wls is so much more than getting lighter isn’t it? I weigh the same now as I did when I was 17 and, ironically, that was the age I was most confident.

Keep going. That is all any of can do….our best, our very, very best.

Doodah x

And gee whizz my legs hurt!!! Hopefully this means they’re a little more toned… Been having a hard 2 weeks feeling quite stressed bout food but had a great chat with lovely dietician who helped me realised I’m really thinking too much about what I’m eating… I’m so obsessed with not going wrong this time I’m starting to get a little obsessed with not eating too much … And for the first time in my life that’s actually NOT a good thing!!! Who’d have thought???!!! She helped me realise I need to trust in my surgery and not completely obsess about every little thing I eat or I’ll just end up being a little crazy (well crazier than normal) its a fine line this learning to eat properly but not going mental!! Good job I have a great dietician 😉 xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s so hard to break the habits of a lifetime isn’t it?

I have never once counted calories and instead put 100% faith in the surgery. It worked.

Doodah x

pink lady

Ah doodah you are so right. These habbits of a life time are hard to break. I never count a calorie or fat or sugar any more I just rely on the operation and my instinct. I am nearly 2years post op on 6 october 2012. squeakyfruitbat trust me you’re doing great. Mind you I am still obsessed with the scales and weigh my self regularly. You’ll get there squeakyfruitbat love the name. LOL. X

janie123

I am one week post op and have lost one stone and five pounds since the start of the milk diet. I weighed myself two days ago and then this am I weighed myself and found I had put on 0.3kg, now I am panicking this is gonna fail too and I shall never be slim.
    Janie xx

janie123

Oh and I’m sticking to the rules one hundred per cent, don’t feel hungry and eating less than a flea.
    Janie xx

Janie don’t panic it will come off! That’s another thing my dietician said… You have to trust the laws of science … Eat less calories than you expend… You will loose weight!!! Body just needs time to adjust and stops on occasion. I’ve list 4 stone and still panicking its slowed… Why is it we can give all the advice in the world but can’t take our own good advice!!! Xxx

Doodah and ink thanks for replies …. Saw psychotherapist today and explored this all further.. She’s very helpful xx

janie123

Thank you girls, I feel more positive today and am not gonna weigh myself everyday.
    Jane xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@squeakyfruitbat 24390 wrote:

Doodah and ink thanks for replies …. Saw psychotherapist today and explored this all further.. She’s very helpful xx

Great to hear that. Our heads can lead us where our bodies don’t want to follow: it’s how we got into this pickle in the first place. We have to learn to only listen to the good advice but my life it takes some practicing!!

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media