Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Spire leeds

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    michele46

Hi all I’m having bypass surgery in Leeds in a few weeks I have so much anxiety problems will I wake up will I be sick what do I eat carnt wait to have it done though

mandyl

hello
    yep all normal. you will wake up theyl look after you just fine. pain yes a little but only when you move lol.
    i wasnt sick, phew. x

Ms Ellie

Hi there michelle46 welcome, what you are going through the majority of us who have had surgery go through the same as what you are going through right now. If it helps just keep posting and we will all try to reassure you and help you along with your journey.

Good luck Ellie x

michele46

Got my date 13th June carnt wait now but very nervous on my low fat diet to shrink my liver the diet is killing me but I will carry on with it cos I hope to have my gallstones out to hows everyone else feeling

mandyl

best feeling ever getting rid of my gallstones lol

Ms Ellie

@michele46 16102 wrote:

Got my date 13th June carnt wait now but very nervous on my low fat diet to shrink my liver the diet is killing me but I will carry on with it cos I hope to have my gallstones out to hows everyone else feeling

13th June is just round the corner so it won’t be long now for you. Keep persevering with the low fat diet and hopefully you will have a superb weight loss before having your surgery. Not sure about the gallstones issue as thankfully ive not had that problem.

Good luck and take care

Ellie x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Michele

Weirdly, I sometimes wish I could experience the few weeks before the op again as it was one of the most exciting times of my life! I felt more opstimistic in those 2 weeks on the milk diet than I had in over 20 years.

Shaw Somers removed my gallbladder at the same time so I have had no pain since the day of my op. Fantastic eh? You are about to embark on the best journey of your life so hold on tight and enjoy the ride (even though some of it might be ‘bumpy’)
    😉

Doodah x

mandyl

i had my two for one op as a young dr at st richards called it 🙂
    i had been previously admitted due to my gallstones though x

michele46

Well I had my op a week ago along side gallstones gallbladder out and an hernia repair my surgeon at the spire in Xxxx was xxxxxxxxx he is fantastic not just for surgery but to talk to. I’m still in a lot of pain but it’s the best thing I have ever done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media