Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33017 wrote:

Thanks to the Spectrum Housing Group we have agreed to continue our arrangement for meeting space for the coming year as follows:

We have arranged the following dates. All are on Saturday from 10:30am – 1pm. If we get speakers or want other such events we will see if the venue can oblige as needed.

Dates for 2015 –

17th January
    14th February
    14th March
    18th April
    9th May
    13th June
    11th July
    15th August
    12th September
    17th October
    14th November
    12th December

Address:
    Postern Court
    Upper Bugle Street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Here are links to the location:

http://g.co/maps/b5gd http://g.co/maps/g6ees

Parking is very limited, being residential, but it is close to bus stops and surface and multi storey car parking around the West Quay shopping mall and The Quays Swimming Pool.

Please note WLSinfo has been kind enough to support us with the venue costs, so any donations to us for supplies or to the charity for their work and support would be greatly appreciated.

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Ele (Eleonora on site) – you can contact me at southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

Hi Ele

Firstly, Happy New Year! I hope 2015 continues to be a very good year for you and your family.

Secondly, thank you SO much for your continued help and support to the wls community. Your dedication is very much appreciated by everyone, including all of us here on the forum.

So, here’s to a great 2015 for everyone.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

This is a friendly reminder that the next Southampton WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday 14th February at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1.00pm. We are a friendly bunch who welcome anyone from all bariatric weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op! We also welcome support friends or partners and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgery or bowel movements! It has been a bit of a month in our household with Alex having a chest infection and not having lost the cough he’s had since the middle of December and I have been diagnosed with kidney stones that need dealing with urgently. Also our gorgeous cheeky boy has seen fit to pass on his horrid bug to his parents! I hope you have had a better month health wise!
    It will be good to see you on Saturday,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33241 wrote:

Hi everyone!

This is a friendly reminder that the next Southampton WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday 14th February at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1.00pm. We are a friendly bunch who welcome anyone from all bariatric weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op! We also welcome support friends or partners and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgery or bowel movements! It has been a bit of a month in our household with Alex having a chest infection and not having lost the cough he’s had since the middle of December and I have been diagnosed with kidney stones that need dealing with urgently. Also our gorgeous cheeky boy has seen fit to pass on his horrid bug to his parents! I hope you have had a better month health wise!
    It will be good to see you on Saturday,
    Ele x

Thank you so much for this Ele and for continued support for everyone in the wls community.

Oh my goodness, you have had a rough time of things health wise! It can feel never ending can’t it? So many people are struggling with one bug or another this winter. Maybe that old wives tale about needing lots of frost to kill the germs is true!

Kidney stones are painful so I hope you get them sorted very quickly.

Have a lovely Valentines meeting!

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hello everyone!

It’s that time again for the reminder for the Southampton WLSinfo Group Meeting which is this Saturday, 14th March at Postern Court, from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op. We also welcome partners/support friends and even little children, providing you don’t mind them hearing gory surgery or yucky bowel stories! My son, Alex, 21months, will be there with my husband Peter as always. I hope your month has gone well; much as we hoped for a healthier 2015, Alex, Peter and I are still struggling with horrid colds and bugs, but hopefully will be more on the mend by the weekend!!! I have had my CT scan for my kidney stones and am now awaiting an appointment with the consultant’s team. It would be good to see you all there on Saturday,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33390 wrote:

Hello everyone!

It’s that time again for the reminder for the Southampton WLSinfo Group Meeting which is this Saturday, 14th March at Postern Court, from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op. We also welcome partners/support friends and even little children, providing you don’t mind them hearing gory surgery or yucky bowel stories! My son, Alex, 21months, will be there with my husband Peter as always. I hope your month has gone well; much as we hoped for a healthier 2015, Alex, Peter and I are still struggling with horrid colds and bugs, but hopefully will be more on the mend by the weekend!!! I have had my CT scan for my kidney stones and am now awaiting an appointment with the consultant’s team. It would be good to see you all there on Saturday,
    Ele x

Thank you so much for your continued support for the wls community Ele.

I have several friends who are really struggling with that bug. It seems to go away and come back again even worse over and over! It’s truly a nasty little swine isn’t it? Wishing you all better very soon.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hello everyone!

This is your super last minute reminder of the next Southampton WLSinfo Support group meeting which is this Saturday, 18th April 2015, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all aspects of bariatric weight loss surgery is welcome even those who have had surgery, not for weight loss, but for other medical reasons! We welcome pre and post oppers to our group and are a friendly bunch! Also welcome are support friends or partners and even young children, providing you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgery or toilet habits! My husband and son should be with us as always!
    I hope you have all had a good month! The kidney stone debacle continues with me – at least 4 stones in the right kidney of a fair size needing surgery at the end of the summer. A small stone in the left kidney, which is new and causing lots of discomfort in the last week – now trialling stronger pain killers. That one will have some ultrasound blasting but is not so likely to be gotten rid of as it is lower than the exit of the kidney and stones don’t usually like to work against gravity to pass through unfortunately. If it doesn’t work, then the right kidney has to be seen to first. Before all that, though, should be a kidney function test, because the right kidney is damaged and if it is functioning at less than 20%, my consultant will remove the kidney as there will be no point to removing the stones. He thinks it should be working at a greater per cent but it is definitely damaged due to the stones being there for many years and he cannot be sure. Wow what a long rant, sorry! I need you all to know in case meetings get postponed or cancelled, sorry!
    At least the recent weather has been amazing and I’m really looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Take care,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33584 wrote:

Hello everyone!

This is your super last minute reminder of the next Southampton WLSinfo Support group meeting which is this Saturday, 18th April 2015, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all aspects of bariatric weight loss surgery is welcome even those who have had surgery, not for weight loss, but for other medical reasons! We welcome pre and post oppers to our group and are a friendly bunch! Also welcome are support friends or partners and even young children, providing you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgery or toilet habits! My husband and son should be with us as always!
    I hope you have all had a good month! The kidney stone debacle continues with me – at least 4 stones in the right kidney of a fair size needing surgery at the end of the summer. A small stone in the left kidney, which is new and causing lots of discomfort in the last week – now trialling stronger pain killers. That one will have some ultrasound blasting but is not so likely to be gotten rid of as it is lower than the exit of the kidney and stones don’t usually like to work against gravity to pass through unfortunately. If it doesn’t work, then the right kidney has to be seen to first. Before all that, though, should be a kidney function test, because the right kidney is damaged and if it is functioning at less than 20%, my consultant will remove the kidney as there will be no point to removing the stones. He thinks it should be working at a greater per cent but it is definitely damaged due to the stones being there for many years and he cannot be sure. Wow what a long rant, sorry! I need you all to know in case meetings get postponed or cancelled, sorry!
    At least the recent weather has been amazing and I’m really looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Take care,
    Ele x

Hi Ele

Firstly, thank you so much for always supporting our wls community, even when you are not feeling so good. You are a real trouper – what would we do without you?!

I have kidney stones again myself so you have my utmost sympathy and hope for a resolution asap. please don’t forget that this forum is a place for people to rant about things whenever they feel the need so, if you need to offload at any time, please come here: you are amongst friends who know exactly what you are going through.

Thanks again Ele and I hope you have a super group, as always.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Thank you, Doodah! I am lucky in that I don’t have constant pain with the stones, but have to admit the new one on the left is causing more and more pain… The kidney function test should be Thursday, but I don’t know when the results will be. Let’s hope I get to keep the kidney and it isn’t too damaged! Ultrasound is booked for the end of June for the left one, but has already been postponed three weeks, so I’m not counting my chickens yet! I am really grateful that I have another top notch surgeon on the case, just like Guy and Shaw! Thank you for always answering my posts and I hope that your stones are treatable and are gone soon too,
    Ele x

Eleonora

Hello Everyone!

Here is your reminder that the next Hampshire WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday, 9th May at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all weight loss surgery types and even those who have needed bypasses for other reasons. We welcome partners or support friends too and even little children, providing you don’t mind them hearing details of surgery or bowel habits! My husband and son will be there for a while at least! We are a friendly bunch and it would be great to see some “old” faces along with our regulars. I hope you have all had a good few weeks. Things here are ticking along and I should be having my kidney function scan on Thursday, though I don’t know when I will hear the results. Wish me luck, folks!

I really hope to see you on Saturday, otherwise I hope you have a good month!

Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33705 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Here is your reminder that the next Hampshire WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday, 9th May at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all weight loss surgery types and even those who have needed bypasses for other reasons. We welcome partners or support friends too and even little children, providing you don’t mind them hearing details of surgery or bowel habits! My husband and son will be there for a while at least! We are a friendly bunch and it would be great to see some “old” faces along with our regulars. I hope you have all had a good few weeks. Things here are ticking along and I should be having my kidney function scan on Thursday, though I don’t know when I will hear the results. Wish me luck, folks!

I really hope to see you on Saturday, otherwise I hope you have a good month!

Ele x

Thank you Ele for always been there for the many people who need support before, during and after wls.

I would like to wish you the very best of luck with your kidney function results. The months fly past don’t they??

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

I really am sorry for this extremely late notice of our WLSinfo support group meeting which is being held tomorrow, 13th June at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. We are a friendly group, who welcome people with all weight loss surgery types both pre and post op, along with their partners/support friends. Even little children can come too, providing you don’t mind them hearing tales of surgery and bowel habits.
    There has been a nasty virus rampaging in our household, hence the late message – I hope you will still be able to come. Also Peter and my son, Alex, has turned 2!! We are so blessed!
    I hope you’ve had a good month and hope, too, to see you tomorrow,
    Ele x
    PS Kidney function results good! Keeping my kidney and will keep you posted on the pathology findings as kidney stones can be a result of gastric bypass surgery!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 33874 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I really am sorry for this extremely late notice of our WLSinfo support group meeting which is being held tomorrow, 13th June at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. We are a friendly group, who welcome people with all weight loss surgery types both pre and post op, along with their partners/support friends. Even little children can come too, providing you don’t mind them hearing tales of surgery and bowel habits.
    There has been a nasty virus rampaging in our household, hence the late message – I hope you will still be able to come. Also Peter and my son, Alex, has turned 2!! We are so blessed!
    I hope you’ve had a good month and hope, too, to see you tomorrow,
    Ele x
    PS Kidney function results good! Keeping my kidney and will keep you posted on the pathology findings as kidney stones can be a result of gastric bypass surgery!

Hi Ele.

Sorry I haven’t answered sooner but I have been off sick with another severe chest infection.

I cannot believe your beautiful boy is TWO!! Where has the time gone?

Please, again, accept my utmost thanks for all you do for the wls community. You are an absolute star.

Wishing you all back to full health asap.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

It is time for your reminder that the next WLSinfo Support Group Meeting is this Saturday, 11th July at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all weight loss surgery types are welcome, as well as their support friends/partners and even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgery or bowel habits. As usual, my husband and son will be with me as my support! I hope you have all had a good month. We have had some illness in our household (nothing changes!) and I had my lithotripsy (ultrasonic blasting) on my left kidney stones. And some success already – I have passed a 3/4mm chunk which has been sent off for testing!

I hope you are all well and that I will see you on Saturday,

Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Ele

I’m sure the time passes more quickly with each passing month!

Thank you for your continued support for the wls community. You do a grand job for so many people.

OUCHIES! Regarding the kidney stone! Glad it’s been given a good blasting and I wish you better very, very soon.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

Here’s your better late than never reminder that the next Southampton WLSinfo support group meeting is this Saturday, 15th August at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from any weightloss surgery type is welcome, both pre and post op, even those who had it done for other medical reasons! We are a friendly bunch and it would be good to see you there. We welcome partners/support friends, too, and even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing tales of surgery or bowel habits. We have had a busy month, most importantly finding out that my kidney stones are a direct result of my gastric bypass and that in taking extra calcium, I can hopefully prevent more from forming.

Hope to see you on Saturday,

Ele x

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media