Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Again, I say a massive thank you for your continued support within the wls community Ele.

Have a great meeting and weekend.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!
    Just a quick reminder that the next WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday 9th August at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all weight loss surgery types is welcome to come and their support friends/partners too. Even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing dubious stories of surgery and body functions! I hope you have all had a good month and it will be good to see you all.
    Take care,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32515 wrote:

Hi everyone!
    Just a quick reminder that the next WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday 9th August at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all weight loss surgery types is welcome to come and their support friends/partners too. Even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing dubious stories of surgery and body functions! I hope you have all had a good month and it will be good to see you all.
    Take care,
    Ele x

Massive thanks as usual Ele. Always on hand for the people who need support.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hello everyone!
    Yes, it is that time again when I remind you of the next Southampton WLSinfo group meeting. It will be held this Saturday, 13th September, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all bariatric surgery types are welcome and their partners/support friends too. Even little children can come (as will my 15 month old son!) as long as you are aware we may well discuss surgery details and bowel habits! We hopefully will have new members coming this month so I would appreciate if some of you further out from surgery folk are able to attend to give them a good range of opinions and support. I hope you have all had a good month – it has been busy in the Gibbs’ household with Alex’s first flights to and from Sweden! I really hope to see you on Saturday!
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32594 wrote:

Hello everyone!
    Yes, it is that time again when I remind you of the next Southampton WLSinfo group meeting. It will be held this Saturday, 13th September, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone from all bariatric surgery types are welcome and their partners/support friends too. Even little children can come (as will my 15 month old son!) as long as you are aware we may well discuss surgery details and bowel habits! We hopefully will have new members coming this month so I would appreciate if some of you further out from surgery folk are able to attend to give them a good range of opinions and support. I hope you have all had a good month – it has been busy in the Gibbs’ household with Alex’s first flights to and from Sweden! I really hope to see you on Saturday!
    Ele x

Thank you Ele for the timely reminder and for your continued support to the wls community.

How lovely to be going to Sweden – definitely on my bucket list! Have a safe journey and enjoy yourselves 🙂

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hello Everyone!

This is a very late (again, sorry!) message to let you all know that the next Hampshire WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday, 18th October at Postern Court from 10.30am – 12pm. Please note the early finish time as one of our group, Paula, is getting married later on that afternoon and we need to make time for those attending! Everyone is welcome to the meeting from any weight loss surgery type both pre and post surgery! We are a friendly bunch and also welcome partners/support friends and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgeries or body functions. My husband and son will be with me as always.
    I hope that you have all had a good month and look forward to seeing you. Also we send all best wishes to Paula and Dan for their wedding day and for their lives together.
    Hope to see you soon,
    Eleonora

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32693 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

This is a very late (again, sorry!) message to let you all know that the next Hampshire WLSinfo Group Meeting is this Saturday, 18th October at Postern Court from 10.30am – 12pm. Please note the early finish time as one of our group, Paula, is getting married later on that afternoon and we need to make time for those attending! Everyone is welcome to the meeting from any weight loss surgery type both pre and post surgery! We are a friendly bunch and also welcome partners/support friends and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgeries or body functions. My husband and son will be with me as always.
    I hope that you have all had a good month and look forward to seeing you. Also we send all best wishes to Paula and Dan for their wedding day and for their lives together.
    Hope to see you soon,
    Eleonora

Wow, what a busy and lovely day!

Thanks again Ele for your continued support to everyone in the wls community. You’re a star!

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel the next WLSinfo Group Meeting – Saturday 15th November. As you know my husband, Peter, always comes along to support me at the meetings (and take me to and from); he has been really poorly with a severe chest infection. He has been told to rest so that is what he will do!
    We will definitely be there at the meeting on 13th December when hopefully we will finish at 12 in order to go somewhere for a festive bite to eat. I will email you all with menus etc and ask if you can let me know if you will be coming please.
    I’m sorry for the short notice and really hope that your last month was good and the next one will be too.
    See you all in December,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32778 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to say that I have to cancel the next WLSinfo Group Meeting – Saturday 15th November. As you know my husband, Peter, always comes along to support me at the meetings (and take me to and from); he has been really poorly with a severe chest infection. He has been told to rest so that is what he will do!
    We will definitely be there at the meeting on 13th December when hopefully we will finish at 12 in order to go somewhere for a festive bite to eat. I will email you all with menus etc and ask if you can let me know if you will be coming please.
    I’m sorry for the short notice and really hope that your last month was good and the next one will be too.
    See you all in December,
    Ele x

Hi Ele

Firstly, please wish Peter a very speedy recovery.

Thank you so much for letting everyone know and please take care of yourself too.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

I’m sorry that this is coming so close to Saturday but we are still intending to have a group meeting on Saturday 13th December, at Postern Court in Southampton from 10.30am-12pm. At 12pm we intend to go and find somewhere to have a bite to eat. As nobody was able to indicate their interest in the meal and Peter, Alex and I have been plagued by campylobacter poisoning over the last two weeks (yes straight after Peter was finally a bit better :-() we haven’t yet organised a place to go but I don’t think we’ll have trouble finding a spot for us! Everyone is welcome to the meeting and meal, from all weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op! Please feel free, too, to bring along a support friend or partner and even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing sometimes graphic details of surgery, bowel habits etc!
    I hope you have all had a good month and it will be great to see you. If you aren’t able to make it, I will be sorting out the dates for next year soon and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Love Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you for your support all year to the wls community, Ele.

So sorry to hear you have all been poorly. Why is it always this time of year?!

Hope you all have a great meeting.

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a healthy new year!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Eleonora 32901 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I’m sorry that this is coming so close to Saturday but we are still intending to have a group meeting on Saturday 13th December, at Postern Court in Southampton from 10.30am-12pm. At 12pm we intend to go and find somewhere to have a bite to eat. As nobody was able to indicate their interest in the meal and Peter, Alex and I have been plagued by campylobacter poisoning over the last two weeks (yes straight after Peter was finally a bit better :-() we haven’t yet organised a place to go but I don’t think we’ll have trouble finding a spot for us! Everyone is welcome to the meeting and meal, from all weight loss surgery types, both pre and post op! Please feel free, too, to bring along a support friend or partner and even little children providing you don’t mind them hearing sometimes graphic details of surgery, bowel habits etc!
    I hope you have all had a good month and it will be great to see you. If you aren’t able to make it, I will be sorting out the dates for next year soon and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Love Ele x

You poor thing I do pray your both be feeling better by Christmas x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Are you feeling any better Ele? I do hope so.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and that the start of 2015 has been good. The Gibbs’ household has been plagued by illness but I think we may be all in recovery now (touching lots of wood and hoping not to tempt fate! and thanks for your concern Doodah!).
    Finally I have a list of dates for you all regarding the meetings for 2015. The first one is this Saturday, the 17th January at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Please do come along as we welcome everyone from all weight loss surgery types both pre and post op. Support friends/partners are welcome too – even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing any gruesome details of surgery or bowel habits! It will be great to see you there!
    Many thanks,
    Ele x

Eleonora

Thanks to the Spectrum Housing Group we have agreed to continue our arrangement for meeting space for the coming year as follows:

We have arranged the following dates. All are on Saturday from 10:30am – 1pm. If we get speakers or want other such events we will see if the venue can oblige as needed.

Dates for 2015 –

17th January
    14th February
    14th March
    18th April
    9th May
    13th June
    11th July
    15th August
    12th September
    17th October
    14th November
    12th December

Address:
    Postern Court
    Upper Bugle Street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Here are links to the location:

http://g.co/maps/b5gd http://g.co/maps/g6ees

Parking is very limited, being residential, but it is close to bus stops and surface and multi storey car parking around the West Quay shopping mall and The Quays Swimming Pool.

Please note WLSinfo has been kind enough to support us with the venue costs, so any donations to us for supplies or to the charity for their work and support would be greatly appreciated.

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Ele (Eleonora on site) – you can contact me at southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media