Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • Author

Hi Doodah!
    I’d clean your car for you anytime!!!
    Mr Pring and the dietician was very pleased with my progress, I weren’t in there for long!
    I’ve just been encouraged to take the snacks in addition to the meals, and make them a protein choice.
    I wonder if I can have a few nuts yet?
    Also I have to tweak my vit pills will ask GP for soluble ones- I could never take pills anyway- and now I think it would be more difficult- might just be me..
    And take in addition Vit D and calcium.
    All in all I am pleased…
    Have a lovely Mother’s Day.
    Juliexx

lynni

Many many thanks I will come along to the Portsmouth one if that’s ok. What time is it please? thanks once again Lynni x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31744 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    I’d clean your car for you anytime!!!
    Mr Pring and the dietician was very pleased with my progress, I weren’t in there for long!
    I’ve just been encouraged to take the snacks in addition to the meals, and make them a protein choice.
    I wonder if I can have a few nuts yet?
    Also I have to tweak my vit pills will ask GP for soluble ones- I could never take pills anyway- and now I think it would be more difficult- might just be me..
    And take in addition Vit D and calcium.
    All in all I am pleased…
    Have a lovely Mother’s Day.
    Juliexx

I knew they would be pleased with you!

I tried nuts pretty early on I have to say and it was a little tummy rumbly for the first few times! However, it soon calmed down and I have eaten Brazil nuts for lunch every single day since then. I have them in oatmeal. It is warming, nutritious and oh so easy to make as I literally chop up the nuts and bung them in. I do, however, take great care regarding chewing them. This works well in two ways – it slows me down and makes sure the nuts are broken down well. You can but try right?

I take Vit D and C in addition too – I think it’s our age haha!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@lynni 31745 wrote:

Many many thanks I will come along to the Portsmouth one if that’s ok. What time is it please? thanks once again Lynni x

Fab! We all look forward to seeing you there from 19:30. Let’s hope the weather is kind to us as we have only had one meeting in the past six months where is wasn’t teeming down with rain!! I get there a bit earlier for some ‘browsing’ round the shops 😉

Doodah x

Hi Doodah! I would love to try nuts but I’m sure they are too fibrous and solid for me at mo. I tried an olive at wkend and it got stuck good and proper .
    I’m trying soft stuff today soup etc it sets you back a bit!
    Maybe in a month- they are so good for you, and I am pushing the boundaries now at 8 weeks out on sat!
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Back in my day (haha, I’m an old timer) they told us not to eat nuts at all – ever! Good job I ignored that one particular rule! You just do what you think is right Julie. Only you know what you can manage. I know that like me, you are a stickler for the rules, so just keep doing what you are doing as it is obviously working. ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ as our American cousins would say!

Doodah x

Will do Doodah!!!

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

It is time again for the reminder that the next Southampton WLSinfo Group meeting is this Saturday, 12th April at Postern Court from 10.30am-1pm. People from all different types of gastric surgery are welcome and their partners/support friends too. Children are allowed too providing you don’t mind them hearing some sometimes fairly graphic tales! My husband and son will be with us as always!
    I hope you have all had a good month and it will be really good to meet up!
    Ele x
    PS: Lynni – you are very welcome if you want to come over from Chichester!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Once again, thank you for your continued support and help to everyone in the wls community Ele. It NEVER goes either unnoticed or unappreciated.

Lynni, If you would like to attend both groups I would highly recommend it!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Guys.

I have some updated info for Eleanor’s Southampton Support Group:

‘We have arranged the following dates. All are on Saturday from 10:30am – 1pm. If we get speakers or want other such events we will see if the venue can oblige as needed.

Dates for 2014 –

18th January
    8th February
    8th March
    12th April
    10th May
    14th June
    12th July
    9th August
    13th September
    18th October
    15th November
    13th December

Address:
    Postern Court
    Upper Bugle Street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Here are links to the location:

http://g.co/maps/b5gd http://g.co/maps/g6ees

Parking is very limited, being residential, but it is close to bus stops and surface and multi storey car parking around the West Quay shopping mall and The Quays Swimming Pool.

Please note WLSinfo has been kind enough to support us with the venue costs, so any donations to us for supplies or to the charity for their work and support would be greatly appreciated.

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Ele (Eleonora on site) – you can contact me at southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

It will be good to gather some new members!

Many thanks,
    Ele x ‘

I’m sure you will all join me in saying a huge thanks to Ele and all the hard work she puts into the wls community.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

Yes it’s another quick reminder that the next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 10th May, at Postern Court in Southampton from 10.30am – 1pm. Anyone regarding all gastric weightloss surgery types is welcome and their partners/support friends too. Even children can come along too, providing you don’t mind them hearing the gory details of surgeries or bowel movements! My husband and 11 month old son will be with me as always! We are a friendly bunch of people and it would be great if some of the far out from surgery people want to come as well as welcoming anyone who is thinking of or recently had surgery! Hope you have all had a good month and that we’ll see you on Saturday!
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32096 wrote:

Hi everyone!

Yes it’s another quick reminder that the next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 10th May, at Postern Court in Southampton from 10.30am – 1pm. Anyone regarding all gastric weightloss surgery types is welcome and their partners/support friends too. Even children can come along too, providing you don’t mind them hearing the gory details of surgeries or bowel movements! My husband and 11 month old son will be with me as always! We are a friendly bunch of people and it would be great if some of the far out from surgery people want to come as well as welcoming anyone who is thinking of or recently had surgery! Hope you have all had a good month and that we’ll see you on Saturday!
    Ele x

Thanks once again Ele for your unwavering support. Hope you have a fab meeting.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!
    Thanks to Kaz, I have been reminded that I haven’t sent out the reminder about this month’s WLSinfo group meeting. Huge apologies all round. We are meeting tomorrow, 14th June at Postern Court, Southampton from 10.30am – 1pm. Anyone from all weight loss bariatric surgery types are welcome at whichever stage you have reached and also we welcome partners/support friends and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing the gruesome details! My husband and now 1 YEAR OLD!!! (can you believe it??) son will also be with us as always. It would be great to see you and I hope you’ve had a good month,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 32336 wrote:

Hi everyone!
    Thanks to Kaz, I have been reminded that I haven’t sent out the reminder about this month’s WLSinfo group meeting. Huge apologies all round. We are meeting tomorrow, 14th June at Postern Court, Southampton from 10.30am – 1pm. Anyone from all weight loss bariatric surgery types are welcome at whichever stage you have reached and also we welcome partners/support friends and even little children as long as you don’t mind them hearing the gruesome details! My husband and now 1 YEAR OLD!!! (can you believe it??) son will also be with us as always. It would be great to see you and I hope you’ve had a good month,
    Ele x

NO WAY! Your son is now one? That’s insane!

Thanks as always for your unwavering support to the wls community Ele. Hope you have a great meeting.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!
    Here we are again with our next Southampton WLSinfo Group meeting! It will be this Saturday, 12th July, from 10.30am – 1pm at Postern Court. Anyone from any gastric weight loss surgery type is welcome and their partner/support friend too! Even little children are welcome provided you don’t mind them hearing stories of surgeries, toilet trips, saggy skin etc! (My husband and son will be with me as always!) We are a friendly bunch of people, so please come along – even if you haven’t been for a while! I hope that you have all had a good month and I’ll see you on Saturday!
    Ele x

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media