Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 30187 wrote:

Hello everyone!
    Here we are again at the end of the year! I hope that you have all had a good month! Our next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 14th December at Postern Court from 10.30am-12pm. We will then be heading over to the Titanic pub and having an impromptu lunch as we couldn’t book anywhere without buying the full Christmas meal (not appropriate for us!). We hope that this will work out fine, fingers crossed! It will be good to see you there.
    I have not yet got the dates confirmed for next year… I am waiting to hear whether the charity can pay for the room hire. As soon as I have dates I will email them onto you all.
    I can’t believe that Alex is 6 months old already! Don’t forget that you can bring little ones (if you don’t mind them hearing our conversations) and also partners/friends are welcome as support. Peter and Alex will be there with me as always!
    So hope to see you on Saturday and also that next year I will slowly get a bit more organised!!!
    Ele x

Thank you so much for your continued support Ele. Everyone truly appreciates it – especially as you have had your hands so full this past six months! I can’t believe where the time has gone either!

Can I also take this opportunity to wish you, your family and all the members of the group the very merriest of Christmases and very happy, healthy and prosperous new year 😉

Doodah

Eleonora

Thank you Doodah for your kind words and hope you had a great Christmas and New Year! x

Eleonora

Thanks to the Spectrum Housing Group we have agreed to continue our arrangement for meeting space for the coming year as follows:

We have arranged the following dates. All are on Saturday from 10:30am – 1pm. If we get speakers or want other such events we will see if the venue can oblige as needed.

Dates for 2014 –

18th January
    8th February
    8th March
    12th April
    10th May
    14th June
    12th July
    9th August
    13th September
    18th October
    15th November
    13th December

Address:
    Postern Court
    Upper Bugle Street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Here are links to the location:

http://g.co/maps/b5gd http://g.co/maps/g6ees

Parking is very limited, being residential, but it is close to bus stops and surface and multi storey car parking around the West Quay shopping mall and The Quays Swimming Pool.

Please note WLSinfo has been kind enough to support us with the venue costs, so any donations to us for supplies or to the charity for their work and support would be greatly appreciated.

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Ele (Eleonora on site) – you can contact me at southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

Eleonora

Hi everybody!

Well I am starting the New Year with a late post – I hope that won’t continue for the rest of 2014! I hope that you have all had a good Christmas and New Year and I am looking forward to seeing you this Saturday, 18th January at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all gastric surgery types, both pre and post surgery and also partners/support friends if you would like company! My husband, Peter, will be there along with our 7mth old Alex. I have posted all the dates for this year on this thread – it would be great to see some people come who are further out from surgery as well as the newer bodies!
    Take care all of you and hope to see you on Saturday!

Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 30574 wrote:

Hi everybody!

Well I am starting the New Year with a late post – I hope that won’t continue for the rest of 2014! I hope that you have all had a good Christmas and New Year and I am looking forward to seeing you this Saturday, 18th January at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. Everyone is welcome from all gastric surgery types, both pre and post surgery and also partners/support friends if you would like company! My husband, Peter, will be there along with our 7mth old Alex. I have posted all the dates for this year on this thread – it would be great to see some people come who are further out from surgery as well as the newer bodies!
    Take care all of you and hope to see you on Saturday!

Ele x

Thank you so much for the continuing support and friendship you offer people Ele. It does not go unnoticed and is always appreciated.

Good luck for the New Year!

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

It has come round to that time again for our WLSinfo group meeting! We will be meeting this Saturday, 8th Feb, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. We welcome everyone with all types of gastric weight loss surgery and their partners/support friends too – even little children who you don’t mind hearing all the gruesome details! My husband Peter and our gorgeous 8month old Alex will be with me as always :-).
    I hope you have all had a good month and will be able to brave the weather to meet up with us (obviously if there is a weather warning against travel, please don’t risk your health!!!)
    Hope to see you on Saturday,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 30865 wrote:

Hi everyone!

It has come round to that time again for our WLSinfo group meeting! We will be meeting this Saturday, 8th Feb, at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. We welcome everyone with all types of gastric weight loss surgery and their partners/support friends too – even little children who you don’t mind hearing all the gruesome details! My husband Peter and our gorgeous 8month old Alex will be with me as always :-).
    I hope you have all had a good month and will be able to brave the weather to meet up with us (obviously if there is a weather warning against travel, please don’t risk your health!!!)
    Hope to see you on Saturday,
    Ele x

Thank you for your continued support Ele. You are a true champion for everything wls!

Have a good one!

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

Here is a reminder for the next WLSinfo support group meeting which will be taking place on Saturday 8th March, 10.30am-1pm at Postern Court in Southampton. All people who have had or who are thinking of having any form of gastric surgery are welcome and their partners/support friends too! It has been a bit of a month for us with my husband and son being ill, a naming ceremony for Alex (who is now 9 months old!) and very sadly the death of one of our elderly cats yesterday. However we will be there on Saturday with the kettle on for plenty of tea!
    Hope to see you there,
    Eleonora x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 31398 wrote:

Hi everyone!

Here is a reminder for the next WLSinfo support group meeting which will be taking place on Saturday 8th March, 10.30am-1pm at Postern Court in Southampton. All people who have had or who are thinking of having any form of gastric surgery are welcome and their partners/support friends too! It has been a bit of a month for us with my husband and son being ill, a naming ceremony for Alex (who is now 9 months old!) and very sadly the death of one of our elderly cats yesterday. However we will be there on Saturday with the kettle on for plenty of tea!
    Hope to see you there,
    Eleonora x

Hi Eleonora

So sorry to hear about your cat. It’s so painful to lose such a valuable member of the family and my heart goes out to you. Also sorry to hear your husband and son have been poorly.

Thanks as always for your continued support to all who have had, are thinking about or are just about to have #wls. You do a grand job.

Doodah x

lynni

Hi there new to this group. I have recently moved down to Chichester from North Yorkshire and am looking for and meetings in the area to help keep me on track. I have rhy 18 months ago and feel the need for some support. Could you let me know my nearest group and when the meeting is. Will travel anywhere as am getting desperate. Thanks loads Lynni xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Lynni

Welcome to our friendly group here on this forum.

Streamline run groups in Harrow and Portsmouth. There is also one in Southampton, run on a Saturday every month by the lovely Eleanor. Please find below the links to all of them:

The BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital
    Sudbury Hill
    Harrow
    Middlesex
    HA1 3RX

There is free parking on site and we meet in the Restaurant. Second Thursday of every month.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=clementine+churchill&oq=clementine+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i65j69i61j0l2j69i60.5318j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

The Portsmouth one is here:

Hotels in Portsmouth | Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth

Third Thursday of every month in the restaurant are on the first floor. Fully accessible with disabled parking right at the entrance.

Eleonor runs the Southampton group at:

Here is a reminder for the next WLSinfo support group meeting which will be taking place on Saturday 10.30am-1pm at Postern Court in Southampton.

Not sure of the date as Ele normally gives us an update for each month so keep your eyes peeled on here.

I myself run the Portsmouth one and our very own Stacey Brova runs the Harrow one. You will be made very welcome at any/all of them. I attend the Harrow one as well when I can as i have made so many life long friends there 🙁

Hope this is helpful

Doodah x

Hi Doodah!
    Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I’m seeing Mr. Pring and the dietician this afternoon at Chichester hospital, for my first check up!!
    I’m feeling quite pleased with myself…..I hope they are!
    Might seek a gym next week if all is ok.
    This morning- changed bed, been down town early, hand washed the car and now going to get showered!
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 31731 wrote:

Hi Doodah!
    Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I’m seeing Mr. Pring and the dietician this afternoon at Chichester hospital, for my first check up!!
    I’m feeling quite pleased with myself…..I hope they are!
    Might seek a gym next week if all is ok.
    This morning- changed bed, been down town early, hand washed the car and now going to get showered!
    Julie xx

Good luck Julie! Give Chris Pring my regards! I’m sure they are going to be delighted with you.

My life, you have been a busy little bee haven’t you?! Want to come and do my car next haha.

Please let us know how you get on.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Goodness Julie you are a busy bee. Hope all well with check ups. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day xx

Hi Kimberly!
    Have a lovely Mother’s Day too!
    Julie xx

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media