Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Have a great group everyone. I’m sorry but I never give up my weekend family time so I go to weekday groups x

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi Everyone!

This is just a quick reminder that the next group meeting is this Saturday, 7th July at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1 pm! I am really hoping that lots of you will be able to come. We have had a few bandsters joining over the past few months, so it would be amazing if you were able to come to the same meeting! Everyone is welcome, including pre and post surgery, all weight loss surgery types and partners/supporters too. They go through so much with us and my husband Peter will be there as always! Peter and I have had a crazy month, so again it will be good to see some friendly faces.

Looking forward to Saturday,

Ele x

Hi Ele

Could you let me know when the next support group meeting is please? I am having gastric band surgery on Friday 10th August at Guildford (Chris Pring) and would like to get to a support group as soon as possible (though probably not if it’s on 11th August!!!)

Many thanks

Eleonora

Hi Everyone!

This is just a quick reminder that the next group meeting is this Saturday, 11th August at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1 pm! I hope you have all had a good month. I am peeling after not applying enough sun cream before or after a trip to Paulton’s Park! I am really hoping that lots of you will be able to come to the meeting. Everyone is welcome, including pre and post surgery, all weight loss surgery types and partners/supporters too. Peter, my husband, will be there as always!

Looking forward to Saturday,

Ele x

Eleonora

Hi! I didn’t see this message, sorry. Our meeting is the 11th 🙁 typical! Please come to a meeting after your surgery, though – you will be most welcome. The next one after August is 15th September. I hope your surgery all goes well – you are in the best hands, with Streamline (and they don’t pay me to say that!) Take care and hope to see you soon, Ele x

Eleonora

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick message to remind you that the next group meeting is this Saturday, 15th September at Postern Court from 10.30 am to 1 pm. Don’t forget that partners/friends are always welcome (Peter, my husband, will be there as always :-)). I hope you have all had a good month and I am looking forward to seeing you,

Take care,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Have a great time everyone. Don’t forget it’s the Boat Show so Southampton will be PACKED. Make sure you leave plenty of time to find a parking space.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick message to remind you that the next group meeting is this Saturday, 20th October at Postern Court from 10.30 am to 1 pm. Don’t forget that partners/friends are always welcome (Peter, my husband, will be there as always :-)). I hope you have all had a good month and it will be great to see you!

The next group meeting after this is November 17th, and the one after is 15th December. May I mention Christmas and say that we are hoping to organise a meal at the local pub again – leaving the meeting a bit early and having lunch together. Peter and I will try to get a booking soon and then email out the menus. They will probably require some notice regarding what we wish to eat :-).

Take care and hope to see you Saturday,
    Ele x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Have a great group x

Eleonora

Hi Everyone!

Here is a reminder for the next group meeting this Saturday, 17th November from 10.30am – 1pm at Postern Court. It would be great to see you all there. Don’t forget that partners or support friends are always welcome! We are a brilliant and friendly group of people, so please pop along, especially if you haven’t been in a while!

The meeting after this one, on December 15th, will be shorter, finishing at 12pm so that we can all go and have a meal at the Duke of Wellington pub down the road. If you would like to attend, we need to know your menu choice at least 10 days prior to this. Please can you let me know as soon as you can whether you are coming – I have a menu and can email it to you if you message me.

Hope to see you on Saturday,
    Ele xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you SO much for your unwavering support to everyone Eleonora. It goes neither unnoticed or unappreciated.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

Here is a reminder that the last Southampton Group meeting for 2012 is on 15th December from 10.30am – 12pm at Postern Court. We are finishing just before 12pm so that we can go to the Duke of Wellington pub for a meal. I have meal selections for a few of you but if any more of you wish to come to the meal, please can I have your selections by Thursday as we need to let the pub know. I have a copy of the menu so please message me if you would like one to view! I really hope that you will be able to make it – it is a nice way to end the year! And don’t forget that partners are welcome too!
    I have also managed to organise the dates for the meetings for next year; I will put them in another post after this. We are lucky that WLSinfo charity is again providing funds to cover room hire for the same rooms at Postern Court. Hopefully we will see old and new faces during 2013!

If we don’t see you on the 15th, Peter and I wish you a merry Christmas and the very best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

Ele xx

Eleonora

Thanks to the Western Challenge Housing Association we have agreed to continue our arrangement for meeting space for the coming year as follows:

We have arranged the following dates. All are on Saturday from 10:30am – 1pm. If we get speakers or want other such events we will see if the venue can oblige as needed.

Dates for 2013 –

12th January
    16th February
    23rd March
    20th April
    18th May
    29th June
    10th August
    7th September
    12th October
    16th November
    14th December

Address:
    Postern Court
    Upper Bugle Street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Here are links to the location:

WLS Hampshire, Southampton Meetings – Google Maps WLS Hampshire, Southampton Meetings – Google Maps

Parking is very limited, being residential, but it is close to bus stops and surface and multi storey car parking around the West Quay shopping mall and The Quays Swimming Pool.

Please note WLSinfo has been kind enough to support us with the venue costs, so any donations to us for supplies or to the charity for their work and support would be greatly appreciated.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you once again for everything you do to support the wls community, Eleanora.

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and health and happiness for 2013.

Doodah x

Eleonora

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope that you all had brilliant Christmasses and Peaceful New Years! It is that time again to remind you all of the next Southampton group meeting, which is this Saturday, 12th January at Postern Court from 10.30am-1pm. Everyone is welcome – pre and post surgeries, all types of bariatric surgery and friends/partners as support too! The list of dates for 2013 is listed earlier in this Southampton thread of the forum. As some of you are already aware, I may not be around for the April/May/June meetings but there will hopefully be some trustworthy soul willing to run group for me!

It would be wonderful to see faces from years ago as well as more recent members but above all I hope you are all well and happy!

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday,

Ele xx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media