Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Eleonora

Hello!

There is a support group in Southampton. We meet at Postern Court, Southampton every 5 weeks or so on a Saturday from 10.30am to 1pm. We have a mixed bunch of people who attend from different types of surgery, to different hospitals, to pre and post oppers, and partners/support people are also welcome to come along! The next meeting is October 8th, then 12th November, and 17th December. Please feel free to come along. Please send me a personal message if I can help further! Ele xx

Eleonora

Hello everyone!

Yes, there is another group meeting at Postern Court in Southampton on 8th October. It will be great to see everyone who can make it. Don’t forget that it is fine to bring partners or other support people with you 🙂 (you know that Peter will be there! ;-o). The next meetings after this one are 12th November and 17th December.

Also can I please ask if anybody else would like to sign up for a Christmas Lunch that we are hoping to book for after the meeting on the 17th December? So far I have yes from Fiona, Madeleine, Melanie, Kris, Sue, Mary, Tina, Joanne, Linda and of course Andrea and her family and Peter and me (or should that be I? My grammar is rubbish!) And I also have a possible from Martina! Please can you let Andrea or me know as I think we will be trying to book the pub down the road soon and it would be a good idea to know a rough number of people attending.

I hope that everyone is doing well and has had a good month and looking forward to seeing you,

Ele x

Eleonora

Hi everyone!

Just a quick email to remind you all that the next group meeting is this Saturday, 12th November. As usual we are at Postern Court from 10.30am – 1pm. It would be great to see you all and hope that you have had a good month. Don’t forget that partners/friends are welcome to come too :-). We are still intending to go to the Duke of Wellington for some food after the December meeting on the 17th December. Peter will fetch a menu on Saturday as they would like it if we could pre order as we will be a fairly large bunch of around 20 people. I will email anyone who isn’t able to manage to come to Saturday’s meeting with a menu! I have a list of people so far who want to come to the Christmas meal – can any more takers please email me!

Take care and hope too see you Saturday,

Ele x

Eleonora

Hello everyone! It is the final meeting of 2011 for the Southampton group this Saturday, 17th December. We are at Postern Court as usual from 10.30am, and will be heading over to the Duke of Wellington pub for a lunch celebration of Christmas. It would be great to see you all. If you would like to come for the meal and haven’t already done so, please would you contact me so that I can get your food order.

The first meeting next year will be the 14th Jan. I am going to ask where I can post the full list of dates!

It will be great to see you all! Don’t forget that partners/support friends are always welcome too!

Ele x

Doodah
    Keymaster

The Welly is a super pub! Have fun everyone xx

Doodah x

Eleonora

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am sorry that this posting is a little late, but our first meeting of 2012 is this Saturday, the 14th at Postern Court from 10.30am to 1pm. It would be great to see everyone there – both recent surgeries, people waiting for surgery, and those (like me!) who are a way out from their surgery! I have yet to post up a list of the dates on this forum – hopefully I will get round to it soon… I am looking forward to hearing how everyone’s Christmas went. I hope things went well for you all. Don’t forget that it is fine to bring along someone as support if you would like (Peter will be there as always!).

See you soon,
    Ele x

ruby tuesday

Whilst I havn’t attended myself, as there is a group nearer me, I recently recommended you to someone new in this area as the longest running group around here, and am always glad to see it is the same person running it, so commendable of you to regularly give your time to support others through what can be a very difficult journey, so thank you!

Eleonora

Thank you so much Ruby! Actually, I have recently officially taken over the running of the group – Andrea will be moving back to Canada sometime during the year and has passed over the reins to me! I hope that we can be of help to bariatric patients new and old and more importantly a bunch of friendly people to have a chat with! Thank you again, Ele x

Eleonora

Hello Everyone!

Yes, I am late again in reminding you all that the next Group Meeting is this Saturday 18th February at Postern Court in Southampton from 10.30am-1pm. I hope that you have all had a good month and I am looking forward to seeing you. Don’t forget that partners/friends are always welcome. During the coming year, there will be a talk at one of our meetings (date to be decided) by the Health Trainers in Southampton. Are there any other people/services that you would like me to contact with regards to asking them to give a talk?

Hope to see you all on Saturday,

Ele x

Eleonora

Hello Everyone!

Apologies again for the lateness of this email! The next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 24th March, at Postern Court, from 10.30am – 1pm. I hope that you have all had a good month and I am really looking forward to catching up with you all! I have to admit this has been a shaky month for me, both physically and mentally, but I will have Peter there with me if I wobble too much! Don’t forget that partners/support friends are welcome to come along too.
    One thing that I must also mention is that I have organised a talk to be given by the Southampton Health Trainers for the April meeting on the 28th. It would be great to have a good turnout to support this. I know that they are intending to do an introduction and then also maybe some basic fitness exercises with us. They are extremely kind and non-judgemental people so I feel it should be good!

Best wishes to you all and hope to see you on Saturday! Ele xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Eleonora 22397 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

Apologies again for the lateness of this email! The next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 24th March, at Postern Court, from 10.30am – 1pm. I hope that you have all had a good month and I am really looking forward to catching up with you all! I have to admit this has been a shaky month for me, both physically and mentally, but I will have Peter there with me if I wobble too much! Don’t forget that partners/support friends are welcome to come along too.
    One thing that I must also mention is that I have organised a talk to be given by the Southampton Health Trainers for the April meeting on the 28th. It would be great to have a good turnout to support this. I know that they are intending to do an introduction and then also maybe some basic fitness exercises with us. They are extremely kind and non-judgemental people so I feel it should be good!

Best wishes to you all and hope to see you on Saturday! Ele xx

That sounds absolutely brilliant Ele. Hope you have a good turnout 😉

Doodah x

derlooker
    Participant

Hi. Can someone let me know when the next Southampton support group is please. Thanks. Lisa x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

There is a support group in Southampton. We meet at Postern Court, Southampton every 5 weeks or so on a Saturday from 10.30am to 1pm. We have a mixed bunch of people who attend from different types of surgery, to different hospitals, to pre and post oppers, and partners/support people are also welcome to come along! Please feel free to come along. Please send me a personal message if I can help further! Ele xx

Copied and pasted from an earlier post in this thread x

Doodah

Doodah
    Keymaster

SOUTHAMPTON SUPPORT GROUP
    ADDRESS:
    Postern court
    Upper bugle street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Time: 10.30 am to 1pm (See group thread for dates)
    Southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

Note: parking is very limited being residential but it close to bus stops and surface and multi-storey car parking around west quay shopping mall.

Also this from the list of support groups.

Eleonora

SOUTHAMPTON GROUP MEETING APRIL 28TH 2012

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick email to say that the next WLSinfo group meeting is this Saturday, 28th April, at Postern Court, from 10.30am – 1pm. I am looking forward to seeing you there, especially since we will be having a talk from the Southampton Health Trainers! It would be great to have a good turnout to support this. Even though they are the Southampton group, they have details of other similar Health Trainers in the surrounding areas. I think they will give some sort of presentation and then maybe do some basic exercises with us. Hopefully it should be fun! So far the Health Trainers that I have met have been very kind and non-judgmental, so there is no need to worry about meeting them. Don’t forget that partners/support friends are welcome to come along too.

Best wishes to all of you and hope to see you on Saturday!

Ele x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media