Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Southampton Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Donna O

Hi everyone i have been looking through a few threads to see if there are any support groups in Southampton ,but cant seem to find one it might just be me lol ,i might be looking in the wrong place.If anyone one can tell me where to look or can tell me if there is one in or near southamptonn i would be gratefull many thanks x

ruby tuesday

Not aware of a Streamline one Donna, but there is one in Southampton, will look up and get back to you.

ruby tuesday

Miss Ellie has kindly listed all the groups, go into support group thread on the forum page, and it is the top thread, also saying support groups, and gives the Soton address and contact details. Also, Renn runs a Streamline one at the Holiday Inn near Locks Heath that lots of us go to. best wishes, Ruby

Donna O

I have just found a support group in one of the threads ,it does not say what day it is on but it does give an email address so i will email to find out.Does it matter if you have not yet had the op done ,my op is booked for sep, will i still be ok to attend do you think ?

Donna O

Thats the thread i just found i knew i would be looking in the wrong place lol

ruby tuesday

Donna, I started attending a couple of groups in March when I went for my consultation, and my op date is August! I found it invaluable, learnt lots, made friends, and it will be much much better post-op to attend knowing everyone, so go for it, and enjoy! xx

Renn

Hi

My name is Renn(Madeleine) and I run the ‘Weight Consultant’ support group in Fareham Hampshire. It is on the 4th Wednesday evening of the month.Thank you Ruby Tuesday for mentioning it and the other support groups list from Ms Ellie too.
    You are always very welcome as is anyone reading this. You can find out more at my website Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth. If you email me nearer the date I’ll look out for you on arrival.
    Welcome to the forum and you will soon make buddies as the lovely Ruby Tuesday has.
    Bye for now and good luck on your journey.

Madeleine (Renn)

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Donna

I’m half way between Southampton and Portsmouth so I attend the one At the Fareham Holiday Inn (which, like Ruby said is really nearer Locks Heath/Park Gate) with Renn, and the Hayling Island one with Buzz. There IS one in Southampton but it’s on a Saturday so no good for me. I would heartily recommend coming along. I never thought I was a support group ‘type’ of person but I absolutely LOVE going along and meeting all the lovely people I now consider true friends. I’m 3 years post op and wish I had known about them sooner!!

Doodah x

derlooker
    Participant

Hi.

I have just read about the Southampton support group. Is it still running?

Is it open to new people or just those who have had the surgery?

If it is open I would love to attend tomorrow.

Can anyone give me details?

Lisa x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Renn

Hello

There is a good support group on Saturday 3/9 near West Quay Southampton. From 10.30-1.30pm. Always well attended.

‘Weight Consultant’ support group is on Wednesday 24/8 from 7-10pm. at Holiday Inn Fareham.

NEW additional group starts this Wednesday 17/8 7pm-10pm at Farnborough Holiday Inn GU14 6AZ. you are all very welcome.No meetings of both my groups in September due to holidays.

Look on Streamline Surgical for groups to support you in any areas. Enjoy.

Renn (Madeleine)

derlooker
    Participant

Thanks Renn. I have missed today. But will go next week.

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Pinkdancer

There is a support group on Monday 15th August at the Langstone Hotel, Hayling island at 7pm. We usually sit in the bar area or in the back room to the left of the bar, just come and find us, we try and keep our eyes open for anyone lurking, looking like they are looking for someone.
    It would be great to meet you, there are lots of us at all different stages of our journeys pre op to 3 years out so come along, you will be very welcome. Just ask for the streamline group at reception, as we let them know where we are so they can point you in the right direction.

Hope to see you tomorrow if you can make it.

Renn

Hi

Note the Southampton Saturday meeting is 3/9 and monthly and I don’t think it’s on next week.

Bye Renn (Madeleine)

Renn

Hello

As Pinkdancer has said there’s a good support group at Hayling tomorrow night.

There’s also one up in Farnborough Holiday Inn this Wednesday evening 17/08. Everyone always very welcome here too. See Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth for sat.nav. and date of Fareham Holiday Inn meetings too. Are you free for Wednesday this week Mandi?

Bye for now. Have a really great week everyone. You’ve found the right place here the buddies are always helpful. Enjoy tomorrow night!

Renn (Madeleine)

Pinkdancer

@Renn 18659 wrote:

There’s also one up in Farnborough Holiday Inn this Wednesday evening 17/08. Everyone always very welcome here too. See Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth for sat.nav. and date of Fareham Holiday Inn meetings too. Are you free for Wednesday this week Mandi?

Yes I am planning on being there on wednesday evening and trying persuade Andy and Paul to come along too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media