Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

South Coast support group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

@katy 29998 wrote:

Hi all
    I was hoping to make tomorrow night but I have a big concert next weekend and it’s our penultimate rehearsal tomorrow so I have to go.
    I’m really sorry as I was really hoping to come and finally meet you all.
    Will dot best (work allowing) to come to the December one.
    Have fun!
    Love Katy xx

Aw bless your heart Katy. We would have loved to finally meet you but ‘real’ life often gets in the way doesn’t it? Look at me – first one I had to postpone as my dear old Dad had a heart attack and the second was postponed due to me having pneumonia! My lovely Mum always says: ‘Sometimes, life gets in the way of living’. What a wise old lady she is.

The Christmas meet up will be on 19 December and will be more of a get together so we all truly hope you can make it. And maybe even bring your lovely wife along?

Doodah x

treeza

Thank you Doodah x was great to meet you & everyone else x looking forward to see you again in December x I’m sorry for not shutting up. It’s great to talk to people who fully understand x your all amazing x was lovely to meet Julie & Karen too! I love meeting new people. Love & hugs xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@treeza 30006 wrote:

Thank you Doodah x was great to meet you & everyone else x looking forward to see you again in December x I’m sorry for not shutting up. It’s great to talk to people who fully understand x your all amazing x was lovely to meet Julie & Karen too! I love meeting new people. Love & hugs xxx

Hi Treeza

Wasn’t it a great group? Like you say, each and every one of us knows what you are going through so there is no need to explain things! Never, ever apologise for talking. that is what support groups are all about. When you are a ‘newbie’ it is vital that we know as much about you as you are willing to share so that we can get a clear picture of how you came to start your wls journey. That way, we can help you more!

Look forward to seeing you again in December too. I think we need to make it special as it is so near Christmas!

Doodah x

charabanc

Hi Doodah,
    Sorry, but I am getting a bit confused, is this meeting in Portsmouth or Southampton?
    Thanks.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Charabanc.

The South Coast Support Group is in Portsmouth. The Holiday Inn Express, The Plaza, Gunwharf Quays – every third Thursday of the month. I guarantee you a very warm welcome if you would like to pop along.

There is a Southampton Group run by the wonderful Eleonora.

SOUTHAMPTON SUPPORT GROUP
    ADDRESS:
    Postern court
    Upper bugle street
    Southampton
    SO14 2AF

Time: 10.30 am to 1pm (See group thread for dates)
    Southamptonsupport@wlsinfo.org.uk

Note: parking is very limited being residential but it close to bus stops and surface and multi-storey car parking around west quay shopping mall.

In fact, you will be made very welcome at any of the groups!

This group (South Coast) and the one in Harrow are official Streamline groups but you do not have to have had your surgery with us to attend. Supporters are also welcome but not children unfortunately due to H&S issues.

Hope this is helpful!

Doodah

treeza

I have to share some good news I received yesterday! Whilst away in Portsmouth a letter arrived that I didn’t open until yesterday. Inside was a cheque for £1000!!! I’ve been donating to a children’s air ambulance for a few years & you are allocated a number which is put into a draw & I won this time! Total stunned & very happy as it’s been a very expensive year one way another! 🙂 x life just keeps getting better! Losing weight, getting healthier, happier, meeting new friends & this was the icing on the cake (that I can’t eat anymore!).

Lauren
    Keymaster

WOOOO HOOO! That is amazing Treeza! Couldn’t have come at a better time could it? So happy for you.

Isn’t it amazing how good things seem to have a ripple in a pond effect? Everything starts to look just that little bit brighter when you are feeling happier and more confident. Thank you so much for sharing it with us 😉

Doodah x

audrasharon

Just seen this thread! Bum! Would have loved to come last Thursday. Oh well, don’t think I’ll make next month as with a bit of luck I won’t be cancelled again and will be 2 days post op. 🙂 I’ll definitely try for the jan date though. Been thinking of Kimberley today she thought she would go down about 13:00hrs so she should be all done now tucked up in ITU/HDU.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@audrasharon 30063 wrote:

Just seen this thread! Bum! Would have loved to come last Thursday. Oh well, don’t think I’ll make next month as with a bit of luck I won’t be cancelled again and will be 2 days post op. 🙂 I’ll definitely try for the jan date though. Been thinking of Kimberley today she thought she would go down about 13:00hrs so she should be all done now tucked up in ITU/HDU.

What a shame you didn’t see this thread before Audrasharon. For regular – daily in fact – updates on what is happening, why not pop along to our Facebook page? If you ‘like’ it you will be able to see every Streamline Surgical event that takes place.

I have also started up a Facebook page for the Streamline Surgical Support Group. It is a private page so that everyone can feel safe to express how they are without feeling they have to hold back! Once you have attended a meeting, you can be added to the page. We have this strict policy to protect patient confidentiality. Someone was added to the group before they had been met ‘in real life’ and turned out to be a journalist!

We would love to see you in the New Year (looking and feeling all fantastic of course!) You will be made very very welcome.

I can’t wait to hear some news from Kimberly either!!

Doodah x

Anonymous

I’d love to come please!

Ps on the Facebook page will any of my friends see what I’m saying?

Tina xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@tina* 30075 wrote:

I’d love to come please!

Ps on the Facebook page will any of my friends see what I’m saying?

Tina xx

Hi Tina

You are more than welcome to come along and bring anyone with you (supporter or partner etc.)

As for the Facebook page, it is utterly 100% private. No one but the members will be able to see anything that is posted. We ask that you come along to the meeting first before we add you to the Facebook group as we have a strict patient confidentiality that requires we meet you ‘in real life’ first before adding you to the Facebook page. We had an incident once where someone turned out to be a journalist.

The next meeting is in December but I am trying to negotiate a different date than the regular one as it is the same night as Streamline’s work ‘do’!! I will make sure you know what is decided.

In the meantime, please feel free to ‘like’ Streamline’s Facebook page where you will receive regular updates on what is happening. It is an open page so you don’t have to participate – you can just view it.

Hope this is all helpful Tina.

Doodah x

audrasharon
    Doodah wrote:
    What a shame you didn’t see this thread before Audrasharon. For regular – daily in fact – updates on what is happening, why not pop along to our Facebook page? If you ‘like’ it you will be able to see every Streamline Surgical event that takes place.

I have also started up a Facebook page for the Streamline Surgical Support Group. It is a private page so that everyone can feel safe to express how they are without feeling they have to hold back! Once you have attended a meeting, you can be added to the page. We have this strict policy to protect patient confidentiality. Someone was added to the group before they had been met ‘in real life’ and turned out to be a journalist!

We would love to see you in the New Year (looking and feeling all fantastic of course!) You will be made very very welcome.

Doodah x

Many thanks will do! X

audrasharon
    Doodah wrote:

Doodah x

Can’t seem to fine you under streamline surgical what name do I look under (Facebook) x

Lauren
    Keymaster

https://www.facebook.com/streamlinesurgical

There you go! This link will take you directly to the Facebook page.

Here is our Twitter link too

https://twitter.com/streamlinesurg

Chris Pring tweets daily so you can get all the latest straight from the horse’s mouth!

Doodah x

treeza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU4VQTK6Ivgnd78LHJ7EMRHA&v=efQEsUp0NVA

Just watched this again! Truly inspirational! Have been a bit stuck for the past week but this has made me smile & know it will start again! Thanks for sharing guys x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media