Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

South Coast support group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

As I’m not having surgery in the summer now, I want to get started with setting up a Support Group for those of us here on the South Coast.

Do any of you lovely people have any suggestions for a venue? I’m considering either The Parson’s Collar near the new Whitely outlet centre or the Solent Hotel which is about 30 metres away from the pub!

Hotels in Hampshire | The Solent Hotel & Spa – Fareham

https://www.facebook.com/ParsonsCollar

It’s fairly central, just off the M27, junction 9 and has plenty of free parking. It is about half a mile away from the brand new outlet centre in Whitely too so support group could be combined with a bit of retail therapy ;-))

I will go and scope out the pub to see if it is suitable as there really needs to be a space big enough for us all to sit but not be too overheard. I know the Solent Hotel is suitable because a support group used to run there about two years ago.

Anyway, if any of you have any other suggestions, they would be greatly received for consideration. Please bear in mind that i would be attending every month so would like it to be not too far away from where I live (between Portsmouth and Southampton.) Thanks folks 😉

alismum

Hi Doodah

I live in Hindhead so that wouldn’t be too bad a journey for me. I don’t know any venues in your area I’m afraid. I would try and get to the meeting as often as possible if you set it up.

ali’smumx

alismum

Hi Doodah

Thought I had replied to this but obviously pressed the wrong button! I live in Hindhead so should be able to get down to Whiteley area most months. Obviously would love to meet you and all the other success stories as I am sure it is support that will help me achieve my goals.

ali’smum x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@ali’smum 28749 wrote:

Hi Doodah

Thought I had replied to this but obviously pressed the wrong button! I live in Hindhead so should be able to get down to Whiteley area most months. Obviously would love to meet you and all the other success stories as I am sure it is support that will help me achieve my goals.

ali’smum x

It really does help enormously. I travel up to Harrow in London every month to attend the one run by our very own Stacey Brova. It is a lifeline and I have made lifelong friends too. I’m hoping Portsmouth-ish will be acceptable for everyone as then, even people from the Isle of Wight can attend. It’s so easy to get to from just about anywhere. However, let’s see what everyone else thinks.

There is always the option of starting up one of your own too. There are several dotted about all over the south but it does require an element of commitment that some may find difficult or impossible to make. We are SO grateful to all of you who run support groups. Ours will be open to everyone, even those who didn’t have their surgery with Streamline.

Really want to get things going 😉

Doodah x

Portsmouth would be great for me , as that were I live lol

Doodah
    Keymaster

Not far at all for you then Selena!

brown69owl

Hi Doodah

Im about 50 minutes from Portsmouth and would love to come along.

Jackie

Doodah
    Keymaster

Portsmouth is looking to be a popular choice so far. I would especially like to welcome people from the Isle of wight as in the past they have felt quite isolated both geographically and physically.

Doodah x

emma miller

I live in Kent does anyone know of any fairly close to here? X

Doodah
    Keymaster

streamline-surgical.com/forum/streamline-surgical-support-groups/2823-support-group-contact-details-2012-a

Hi Emma

depending on where you are in kent, you may find one by following this link to the list of support groups. Be aware, however, that some of them might not be still up and running. If there isn’t one near enough to you, how about starting one of your own? All you need is a convenient location, time once a month to commit to it and lots of enthusiasm!

Hope this helps

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Doodah.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by clare.williams.
    jackieH
    Participant

I would be interested in trying to get along to the Portsmouth Group. If anyone is from the Crawley area, perhaps we could go down together?

treeza

Hi JackieH I live in Horley so just round the corner from you really. We could share lifts when it’s up and running if you like? T :0)x

Its a shame there are no local groups to me 🙁 xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

How about you start your own? There are so many around that have just been the brainchild and effort of former or existing patients. As with Streamline ones, absolutely everyone is welcome – not just Streamline patients. It requires commitment once a month and an enthusiasm for helping people – that’s about it really. Maybe the odd guest speaker or a successful past patient who can impart their wisdom and hey presto – you have a support group!

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m definitely looking at Portsmouth as it is so central and easy to get to. Anyone know of any good venues? Pompey people? Looking to start after the summer holidays for obvious reasons 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media